• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Fine, I'll bite just to clear up this mess.
all might sounds like they are trying too hard so i think they're scum

Vote: All Might
I don't seeing anything uncharacteristic about my post because it was an assessment of the situation, coupled with some contextual backstory for those who don't know me (I played in the crossover game on Bulba a couple years back, too). Ironically, I find it a bit strange that you'd claim I was "trying too hard" and follow that up by outright painting me as scum in the vote; that just feels like a leap in logic to me.

Idk, All Might slipped in a "I haven't played in 15 years" thing which I actually read as a joke.
A simple dose of hyperbole to highlight the fact that I've been gone awhile.

Doc answered somewhat so he's off the hook for now:

Unvote: Doc

I am
/almost/
scumreading funnier
you're not allowed to ask why tho

no one else tho
Why are/were you almost scumreading the unfunny one? It's important that you answer.

Y'all got anything to add to the discussion that's taken place in the first 24+ hours?
Not especially since it was most RVS stuff. I'd have to read through it again (probably in the morning).

---

Would add more, but the rest of the discussion devolved into the usual D1 memeing. You young'uns these days... :devil:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Unvote

Ex answered my questions, so I suppose I got what I wanted from my vote. I do know him to be a somewhat erratic but rather defensive player, and I can buy that this slightly more cautious
fwiw, getting a read on him is the object.
I applaud you for being able to read Doc from that because he is probably the only player I've never ever been able to read.

That being said, I still feel like pressuring Doc is just a bit too easy. It happens so often now that I seriously doubt the "pressure" will really get to him at all as either alignment because he should just be expecting it by now.

Also, can someone please explain to me how lynching inactives day 1 is at all supposed to be any more helpful than no lynching? I have never and will never see inactivity itself as a good scum tell, especially this early on, and lynching people for being inactive is just taking the easy way out if there's no other reason for lynching them.

Holy ****, I'm getting flash backs to the MU game, that's how active this game is. And yet, it's predominantly fluff.

There was one interesting tidbit which struck me as fairly out of character (granted, with a very limited meta): Funnier's declaration that there's not really a lot to respond to and engage with. I mean, it's true, but still. From my experience he would usually try to generate something to respond to.

Anyway, hi, everyone! I have skimmed the game and will give it a more serious look when I'm away from work. I apologise for being late. I would have forgotten about the game completely if Silverfish hadn't reminded me.

(Also, I'm not that good, I'm honestly not sure why people think I'm that good). :shrugs:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Unvote

Ex answered my questions, so I suppose I got what I wanted from my vote. I do know him to be a somewhat erratic but rather defensive player, and I can buy that this slightly more cautious
lolol I only just realized that when I refreshed the page a bunch of my post was lost.

What I intended to say is that I can buy the claim that this noticeably more cautious approach Ex is taking is built out of genuine frustration of being scum read so often for the way he normally plays. I do understand.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
World 5:
Minish is three miniature scum players hydra-ing on one account.

Shhhh. Nothing to see here. (:

Minish seems a bit more agressive than last game, but still very analytical.

I'm pretty surprised that you see me as more aggressive this game since I feel like I've not done much of anything so far. Am usually more aggressive than this. Tbh, using Jumanji probably won't be a great way to read me because I lost my motivation early on that game. Much more comfortable playing here.

I am
/almost/
scumreading funnier
you're not allowed to ask why tho

no one else tho

Can I ask why I can't ask why?

I think Rubik and Sunfan look pretty decent from just their back and forth. It may have been a lot of jokey stuff, but I dunno I liked it.

Also @funnier6 to answer your question (that I didn't quote but oh well), at the time I didn't feel like placing any pressure votes myself because none of the ones being voted for felt like good pressure points to me. And at the time I didn't want to create another one vote 'pressure' wagon.

I feel like this vote could lead somewhere though.

Vote: All Might

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hey guys I just wanted to update y'all. I'll stay as active as possible in the few days, but I may be a bit distracted. There's a hurricane in the Atlantic and I've gotta do so prep before it gets here. Just as a heads up.

• Wow
Reactions: Pen

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Playing in a game that is a lot faster than i am used to with this many players and filled entirely with players i'm unfamiliar with (except rubik) means when i read through the thread most of what is happening goes over my head. I reread the thrread and took some notes and here are my opinions:

@Sloth: My vote on allmight was serious.
@Funnier: My playing mafia is not ironic.

1: Funnier/Rubik Conspiracy: Funnier and Rubik have been breadcrumbing being some non-town faction together I think.
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184123 In this post rubik says he and funnier have never been town together. (which examined in retrospect of them both being non-town is a breadcrumb)
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184243 in this post funnier breadcrumbs being non-town.
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184249 in this post rubik responds to funnier's breadcrumb with a vote, but also calls him his kouhai, which might be an in-joke or might be a game-mechanic.
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184251 Funnier responds to rubik's vote with a reference i don't understand, but it also seems to imply funnier is still breadcrumbing non-town.

This whole sequence could easily be a joke that went over my head but it still strikes me as strange. I was hesitant to bring it up because non-town doesn't necessarily mean anti-town and the breadcrumbs could have been made to the benefit of the town, but as they could have also been made to the benefit of a different isolated group, I thought it was worth exposing.

2: Individual Reads:

All Might: All Might is the first player to make what appears to be completely serious analysis on the game. He comments specifically on the antagonism between rubik and funnier which is pretty clearly just back and forth jokes, but i feel like there are probably other more serious things to analyze if you want to, like voting patterns or calvin's deflection. His read also amounts to town-reading two players, which isn't really helpful on D1 compared to scumreads. I would expect a town player breaking RVS to say something more consequential. A scum player breaking RVS in this way just makes it seem like contributing without contributing. The fact that they decided to read funnier and rubik of all things is also strange to me, and if All Might flipped scum I'd be suspicious of one or both of those two. Later in the game they put a pressure vote on doc for not having a read on Rubik's behaviour, which is again strange to me since most players at this point have not expressed a read on rubik's behaviour, and i couldn't find a reason why they'd have singled out doc, although i may have just missed it. All Might is one of my top scumspects for today.

Spiritual Mask Salesman:
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184028
- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-118403

SMS makes two attacks early in the game which seem like they could be attempts to break RVS, but they make no attempt to follow up on them. As a town player, if you have even a slight reason to believe someone is scum early in the game, i think its beneficial to properly attack them for it, for the purposes of building an actual conversation which could then generate more reads. Spiritual Mask Salesman seems to have a genuine reason to scumread people early, but instead of using it as a basis to launch an attack, keeps it on the level of a joke.

- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/post-1184235

This post of SMS' also bothers me. At this point in the game SMS has contributed nothing of substance, and is criticising ExLight of essentially not contributing anything of substance despite RVS being over. Since then they've been occasionally half-heartedly attacking ExLight, the easiest target in the game for people to jump on. If they were town they should be doing it harder. SMS has consistently been active but has said little of substance. SMS is one of my top scumspects for today.

Johnny Sooshi: Johnny expresses that he finds ExLight's behaviour scummy but then also says that he doesn't have a read on ExLight. Once again, if a town player has even a slight reason to find someone scummy early in the game, i think its in their interest to attack them. This kind of wishy washy attack is both not helpful and indicates hesitation in putting yourself into the spotlight combined with a desire to put reads out, which I think is a scum mentality. I have a scum read on Johnny.

Calvin: Rubik attacks calvin near the start of the game for self-voting and calvin dismisses it as a joke. It would have been more productive to seriously defend against it in the hopes of starting a productive dialogue. A few pages later rubik attacks Calvin again and calvin dismisses it as a joke again. Calvin has remained routinely active throughout the game but has not really posted anything of substance. I have a scum read on Calvin.

Funnier: Funnier has been playing aggressively but hasn't really been digging into people's skin. It feels kind of like fake aggressiveness. Exlight has been his main victim. I feel like as town his behaviour would be more productive if he actively tried to build a case on exlight and put pressure on him to get him lynched. Instead he's just criticising his behaviour to no obvious end, not even backing it up with a vote. In addition to breadcrumbing being non-town, I have a scum read on Funnier.

Exlight: Exlight as a player reminds me of me when i first started mafia. I can relate to being frustrated at being lynched for expressing beliefs that you have. His conduct is probably anti-town but it doesn't strike me as being scummy despite that, since I think its more reflective of his personality than of an intentional strategy. Rather, playing as blatantly anti-town as he is would probably just hurt himself if he were scum, since its bound to attract the attention of the town. I have a town-leaning read on Exlight because i think if he were scum his buddies would have gotten him to stop posting like he was by now, or else possibly bussed him harder.

Rubik: I liked his attack on Calvin at the beginning of the game, and his approach in general has been very pro-town. Rubik is the only player here I know though, and ime his scum meta and his town meta are pretty identical, both with very pro-town playstyles. At one point rubik says he and funnier have never been town together, and this seems like something rubik might say if he was feeling cheeky and excited if he knew that one of he and funnier weren't town this game, so that he could laugh about it after the game ended. In lieu of later posts, it might also be an intentional breadcrumb, but I'm treating it as a scumtell either way.

Morbid Minish:

- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/page-15#post-1184287

The only consequential post I've seen from this player is this post, where they barn funnygurl. Not having any original opinions is a scumtell [/rubik]

- https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/page-19#post-1184361

they also express some self-consciousness at their inactivity/lack of content in this post, which i think is indictive of a scum-mentality. I have a scumread on Morbid Minish.

Hero of Time:
Hero of Time has been active, but hasn't been posting anything of consequence, which is scummy to me.

Sun Fan: Sun fan has said a few things of consequence today, I think, and so I have a slight town read on them.

FunnyGurl: Funnygurl has said a few things of consequence today, I think, and so I have a slight town read on them.

DekuNut: Not active enough to have a read on.

Doc: Not active enough to have a read on.

Mellow Ezlo: Not active enough to have a read on.

Silverfish: Silverfish has been actively posting but not posting anything of content. They say this is because they're new, and I'm willing to believe that. No read.

3: Lynching Lurkers: I think lynching lurkers is an alright play. It helps town more than an average lynch on D1 does probably and It gives more information than not lynching. You can still analyze the lurker wagon vs competing wagons along with the alignment and reasoning of people involved in all of those wagons, which is more than you can do with a no-lynch wagon, probably. Scum players might either bus or defend a scum lurker, or might prefer one lurker lynch over another. Players who believe lynching lurkers is anti-town might be more receptive towards doing so as scum, and vice-versa.

I generally still prefer trying to lynch scum on day 1 though, because its more fun and because i think the additional information it yields is more useful overall.

tldr: vote all might

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
EBWOP: just realized i accidently treated johnny and gumball as one person somehow while doing my readthrough. woops. Consider my attack on johnny above as being an attack on gumball, and also here's the post i'm referencing there

-https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/anime-mafia-2.65942/page-14#post-1184275

I have no read on johnny tentatively until i reread the thread with the understanding that they are an individual being.

funnier6

Courage~
@ExLight do you have links to previous games you've played on here that I can review?
Dang Hero you’re becoming me! :suspicious:
Although I have to agree with Ex and say it is hard to isolate fluff posts and garner what can be slips and stuff. Especially for me personally not knowing how you lot play. That being said i'm one to learn so eh :shrug:
Since you are familiar with how Ex plays how does he feel to you right now? You think all the deflection is alignment indicative?
rubik's constant posting doesn't seem scummy to me
Is that including that 90% of them are memes?
Funnier, stop trying to kill me! I will share my thoughts when I'm good and ready.
When’s that gonna be?
If I agree or disagree with any statements I'll position myself, so it's not like I'm abstaining from scumhunting.
Are you gonna agree or disagree though?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I'm being town read because I look too scummy... oof
I... thanks for trusting me, I guess...

Since you are familiar with how Ex plays how does he feel to you right now? You think all the deflection is alignment indicative?
He isn't tho. We barely played together.

Are you gonna agree or disagree though?
Yea. I'll be giving the whole thread a more in-depth look tomorrow after my fluid mechanics exam.
But after I get back home today I'll give a second look into some player to point out if I agree or disagree with Rag's post.

@Rubik is Rag the paranoid kind of Townie?

funnier6

Courage~
Okay so here's the thing, ExLight. Playing SAFE is SCUMMY. Playing like you've got NOTHING TO LOSE is TOWNY because town's gotta put all their cards on the table and get crackin' to find who amongst them needs a trip to noosetown. If you aren't proactive SCUM WINS. If you are proactive MAYBE TOWN WINS. That's why all of your EXTREMELY "SAFE" MOVES scream scum to people. If you want to catch some scum GET DIGGING and don't be afraid to get COVERED IN DIRT because it doesn't matter if you die if you manage to help us catch the threats to town.
Memeing is much safer than whatever he’s doing tbh, do you have actual thought on things besides Ex?
Sorry, been busy watching Gravity Falls. Will post more tomorrow especially as I'll have it finished then (and because I'm about to go to bed soon). Y'all can blame funnier for my binging since I'm watching it atm because of him. (:
Everyone should binge it tbh
I kinda think that johnny guy randed scum again
his posts feel surface level pick 1 world go with world no thinking allowed so far
vote: johnny
yes I know I am committing the crime I am accusing him of shut up funnier, seriously
If you’re aware of it why you are you not elaborating?
kinda thing rubik is town just for the effort
will reevaluate as necessary ofc but I tend to just close my eyes and yeet the person trying harder than normal to the top of my townlist
What about Rubik is trying harder than normal?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@Ragnarokio

I called funnier my kouhai (because he knows nothing about anime and hates the medium) before the game in discord and it was largely a joke alluding to that. I'm not a third party alignment.

Ty for the amusing conspiracy theory and a bunch of other juicy reads I can bite into when I get a chance to write something longer. :)

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@ExLight I'm also currently townreading you because you're too scummy, fwiw.

And I guess all of us are paranoid, considering the community we hailed from was called "Paranoia Paradise" before we had to move homes and split into two communities. Rag might have pitched a conspiracy theory as an homage to the thing funnier doesn't want me to talk about because I linked rag to it at the time because it was so funny, but it's also possible rag genuinely thinks we're breadcrumbing some sort of weird self thing. It's also true that it felt like funnier was soft-claiming to be self-aligned and it's not exactly implausible for there to be another alignment in the game, although I don't think it's the kind of thing worth speculating about without concrete evidence to back it up.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@funnier6 I'm trying harder than normal, funnier.

I've posted my thoughts on a couple players and have been trying to get reactions out of each player I've voted for so far, with what I believe to be a decent amount of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom