• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread That '70s Show Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Well we don't have a vig anymore, so it should just be the mafia. Or a third party serial killer. Do we want to start theorizing about the game's roles now? It seems like this is a role madness game, did anyone watch the themes show and know which characters may translate to roles?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Well we don't have a vig anymore, so it should just be the mafia. Or a third party serial killer. Do we want to start theorizing about the game's roles now? It seems like this is a role madness game, did anyone watch the themes show and know which characters may translate to roles?
The only obvious one to me was Donna and Eric as lovers. Everyone else could be anything. Red might be the godfather but I am not sure who would be considered the "enemy" in this theme.

funnier6

Courage~
This is pretty much the first chance I’ve had to post and I kinda wanna pass out so forgive my whatever the word is, insanity? Confusion? Inability to think? Whatever.
Given that half the players alive “didn’t have thoughts” on anything yesterday I’m going to really want thoughts from them today. Like @Spiritual Mask Salesman

Also, SMS I am confused on the vote you placed on SMS. I am usually not to keen people voting without any explanation. (Unless it's just a pressure vote than completely disregard this)
Reason given above. For some reason when sms says he doesn’t have any thoughts on day 1 I always gun for him over the other people who said they didn’t have thoughts. Dunno it just annoys me more when he does it. Probably because he posts multiple times despite “not having thoughts”.
I've played in enough games with him at this point to have been able to get a good idea of his town playstyle. This game I'm not getting the normal good vibes I get from him when he is Town. It's also really strange to not see him as one of the more vocal players, even on Day 1. I didn't see that from him, so he is my prime suspect today.
I think you’d better review his town and scum games more closely cause it would be really strange for scum Rubik not be one of the vocal players, it’s relatively common for town Rubik so I don’t find that particularly strange.
As of right now, I think I'm leaning town on HeroOfTime. I think he's been making some attempt to search for scum
Needs more details. Anybody could attempt to scum hunt, and since it’s what town ought to be doing of course mafia are going to try as well. It’s how they go about it is what you want to look at.
My read on Rubik is not based on things present in the thread
What’s it based on then.

Also what makes you town read me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Reason given above. For some reason when sms says he doesn’t have any thoughts on day 1 I always gun for him over the other people who said they didn’t have thoughts. Dunno it just annoys me more when he does it. Probably because he posts multiple times despite “not having thoughts”.
Today is Day 2, whole new Day, I have thoughts now, and I'm sharing them.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I think my activity level is generally not alignment indicative.

I voted for pancake because he removed his vote, stated it was just an RVS vote, and didn't replace it with a new one. I found that pretty scummy, tbh.

Vote: Pancake

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General

I voted for pancake because he removed his vote, stated it was just an RVS vote, and didn't replace it with a new one. I found that pretty scummy, tbh.

Ok now that there is reasoning behind your vote I can finally defend myself.

My vote on Sadia was on page one... obiously a RVS vote. When I unvoted, the game was starting to pick up a bit so I felt like I should remove the vote since there was no point to keeping my vote on her since I dont find her suspicious at all. I didn't want to just have a post just saying "Unvote" so I put an explanation along with it.

Now why didn't I replace the vote? YIGA was the only one under fire during day one and I didn't feel too strongly towards him. My only suspicion against him was that he was playing with a "I don't care... but I care immensely" sort of vibe but I didnt feel like that was a strong enough reason to vote for him. I was gonna try and post and put a vote in before day 1 ended but I wasn't aware that it was gonna end so early in the day. Games recently have been ending during the night time here and I was still at work when the day phase ended so I never got the opportunity to make a final post before the day ended.

I honestly would have found it scummier if I kept my RVS vote on the whole day or just removed it without explination but I do kind of see where you are coming from so... :shrugs:

Now with that being said

Vote: SMS

He's been posting very frequently but there's no substance to any of his post, I feel. I also don't like his vote against Rubik. Nothing about Rubiks playstyle feels very off to me. I am getting a slight town read off him. I am also not getting his suspicion on Moe because he's been acting fairly normal too. His meta reads are just very off and don't make sense. It just feels like he's trying to find something to put heat on these two and it hasn't been working.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!

If you truly felt this was scummy, why did you not say so? Many people were saying things of substance that day, and if you really wanted to off him, why did you wait until today to give your reasons, instead of actually trying to convince others? Your posts about him were so spontaneous, I literally thought it was a joke.

Also, I see nothing scummy about his action. I held off voting as well until the last minute because I didn't get a mafia read off of anyone. I can easily see Pancake doing the same, only difference is that he rando-voted earlier that day, like everyone else did.

Vote: Rubik

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Whelp I just got an unfortunate ninja :/

Why did you unvote rubik @Spiritual Mask Salesman ?

(I am honestly getting sick of all these posts with no explanations behind them....)
Because I don't feel as suspicious about him as I did earlier. It wasn't even a definitive vote, it was to apply pressure. I also FoSed Moe to get him talking a bit more, and it worked.

Frankly, my posts have contained substence today, I'm asking questions, I'm feeling out the game, that is productive.

Now let's take a look here, we have 9 players left, 3 of which haven't posted much, Rubik, Storma, and Doc. Aside from Funnier, you Pancake, HeroOfTime, and myself, all of which have been somewhat active, we have Sadia who hasn't posted much either.

Now let's see. If Storma is Town, HeroOfTime is considered Town, Moe is Town, Pancake is Town, Funnier is Town, Rubik is town, and Sadia is Town (a combined list of all the "Town" reads from active members), than the majority of Mafiosos are inactive players. This is very hard to believe.

I also don't like how votes are piling up on me. Funnier had legit reasons, I can see Pancakes reasoning as well somewhat, however it's an oversight on his part. Moe just piggy backed off Funnier. Now maybe this is normal for Moe, idk, I recall him actually making lengthy posts in past games, doing real scum hunting, and not just like "Pancake Town. Funnier Town." "This dude used periods and only does this as Town!" If you want flat posts pointed out, there you go. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Moe always does this and I'm not remembering right. With that thought, hold on for a future post, because I'm going to look back at a few games.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Because I don't feel as suspicious about him as I did earlier. It wasn't even a definitive vote, it was to apply pressure. I also FoSed Moe to get him talking a bit more, and it worked.

Frankly, my posts have contained substence today, I'm asking questions, I'm feeling out the game, that is productive.

Now let's take a look here, we have 9 players left, 3 of which haven't posted much, Rubik, Storma, and Doc. Aside from Funnier, you Pancake, HeroOfTime, and myself, all of which have been somewhat active, we have Sadia who hasn't posted much either.

Now let's see. If Storma is Town, HeroOfTime is considered Town, Moe is Town, Pancake is Town, Funnier is Town, Rubik is town, and Sadia is Town (a combined list of all the "Town" reads from active members), than the majority of Mafiosos are inactive players. This is very hard to believe.

I also don't like how votes are piling up on me. Funnier had legit reasons, I can see Pancakes reasoning as well somewhat, however it's an oversight on his part. Moe just piggy backed off Funnier. Now maybe this is normal for Moe, idk, I recall him actually making lengthy posts in past games, doing real scum hunting, and not just like "Pancake Town. Funnier Town." "This dude used periods and only does this as Town!" If you want flat posts pointed out, there you go. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Moe always does this and I'm not remembering right. With that thought, hold on for a future post, because I'm going to look back at a few games.
Ok I am buying what you are selling

My vote was mostly just pressure to get some more substance out of you and it worked so my pressure vote has now become moot.

Unvote
Vote: Moe

I am not finding you inherently scummy and FoSing doesnt really do much imo.

Can I get something from you that isn't just a town read, Moe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom