• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I'm working on a PbP breakdown, I'll try to have it up late late tonight if I'm awake enough after my game night.

There's no reason why you couldn't just stay quiet and hope that the game ends before you get NK'd or lynched if you really were a 2nd survivor.

If we're both actually survivor, if we manage to wagon a jester or the lynchee today, we can both win this game today (assuming that those roles count as factions and triggers a game end). That said, I'm not really comfortable making that kind of assumption about the setup so definitively.

Another reason I spoke up was because I have a tendency to call bs when someone claims my role. Caught a fake claimer some time ago doing that, so you set off a red flag.

Regardless of whether or not we're both survivor, town and mafia aren't going to let us just follow our lead and lynch our choice. Especially the jockey.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Exactly why I countered. I didn't want to claim but the fact he did this crap so early on screwed me. At that point, regardless of when someone inevitably called me out I would be called a liar for claiming since he "claimed first". He honestly should have just stayed quiet and we could have both just rode this out until town/mafia/or a jester (if we have one) wins. But of course you'd just trust him when he played the easiest possible card the literal exact moment he could do it.

Not to mention you've been on my back with almost every post Deku.
You've been running me the wrong way this game. Tbh thats all I've got.

You've been running me the wrong way this game. Tbh thats all I've got.

Well you're definitely running the wrong way, that's for sure. I am no threat to town and want to win as much as you, if it can be on your side, then by all means you have my support.

funnier6

Courage~
If I die tonight, I'll be saving the town from a loss, and I'm willing to accept that if it comes to it.
Why would a survivor have the slightest interest in dying or in who wins? Or care if there was another survivor that maybe wasn’t a survivor? This doesn’t make any sense.
Why have you not answered my questions @Krow
Funnier is the best lynch today, yiga is a close runner up.
I forget, what exactly do you find Yiga scummy for that he isn’t usually scummy for?
Please don't lynch storma, he hasn't DONE anything
What if that was my reasoning in the first place? Ever hear of pressure voting? Why not ask my reasons or why I’m not voting someone else if you wanted me to change?
I've noticed that funnier is being uncharacteristically inactive in comparison to last game, which made me take a look at his game history to confirm something: in nearly all cases, he's one of the most active players when town, and relatively inactive as scum; extrapolating this trend would lead to the conclusion that he's mafia here. When he does post, he seems more focused on set-up and miscellaneous things rather than actual questioning and scumhunting as in last game, even though I initially excused him for this due to the Rubik situation.

Moreover, if he is scum, then suggesting a policy lynch on stormageden would be a safe and easy way to deflect attention from himself; it's not necessarily a bad move for the town in the absence of other targets, but him suggesting it this early makes me particularly suspicious.

Vote: funnier6

The main factor preventing me from being as confident in this as I would like is the expectation that if he were scum, he would've tried to make the playstyle differences less apparent. In any case, I think it's better than a policy lynch on stormageden, not least because of the information it'd give.
I’ve been away since the game started and just got home today, then took a nap for two hours. So I couldn’t really help it, but will probably be more active now.

Also honestly why on earth do you assume that it’s a policy lynch without asking? If you actually did look at my old games you could see I do this sort of thing all the time and you’d also know that I despise policy lynchs.

Why have you not answered my questions @Krow

The reason why I did that is tied in with my previous posts:

Exactly why I countered. I didn't want to claim but the fact he did this crap so early on screwed me. At that point, regardless of when someone inevitably called me out I would be called a liar for claiming since he "claimed first". He honestly should have just stayed quiet and we could have both just rode this out until town/mafia/or a jester (if we have one) wins. But of course you'd just trust him when he played the easiest possible card the literal exact moment he could do it.

Not to mention you've been on my back with almost every post Deku.

Another reason I spoke up was because I have a tendency to call bs when someone claims my role. Caught a fake claimer some time ago doing that, so you set off a red flag.

I was more or less angry with Rubik for claiming and making things far more difficult for me since defending myself will be much harder regardless of when I claimed. I thought about doing whatever to uncover him for sure, even with my own death, but that was kinda drastic. I still don't trust him, but I can't really do anything either, so I mellowed out.

I also didn't remember about counterclaiming and wasted a lot of time trying to soft and failed hard at it. So frustration was pretty high.

Kirino

Tatakae
Also honestly why on earth do you assume that it’s a policy lynch without asking? If you actually did look at my old games you could see I do this sort of thing all the time and you’d also know that I despise policy lynchs.

Because his only post at the time you voted for him was “YEET.” The only other options would be a pressure vote (seemingly ruled out by you stating you intended his death and not asking any questions to actually pressure him) or some bizarre role that would somehow allow you to know something at this point.

What if that was my reasoning in the first place? Ever hear of pressure voting? Why not ask my reasons or why I’m not voting someone else if you wanted me to change?

It amazes me that you can vote for someone, claim you want them dead, and then blame others for assuming you want to lynch them. Any misinterpretations to that effect are 100% your fault. Also, if inactivity was your reasoning for wanting him dead in the first place, then that would be a policy lynch.

funnier6

Courage~
The reason why I did that is tied in with my previous posts:

I was more or less angry with Rubik for claiming and making things far more difficult for me since defending myself will be much harder regardless of when I claimed. I thought about doing whatever to uncover him for sure, even with my own death, but that was kinda drastic. I still don't trust him, but I can't really do anything either, so I mellowed out.
Yeah those “reasons” don’t make any sense. Let’s pretend I’m you, I’m some kind of survivor who is aware that two survivors could be in this game. Some other person claims survivor. Maybe I want to throw a little suspicion on them because I don’t want another survivor around. Maybe for some reason I think they’re fake claiming. But my number one goal is to survive the game so I don’t want to call attention to myself. Yet for some reason I decide to counter claim. Now why on earth would I do that? Does it benefit me? No. Will it make it more likely that I will die? Yes. But wait, Rubik claimed first so that means my second claim will inevitably have less credit. We only have one role claim a day man you probably would’ve never been pressured to claim at all and if you were it would’ve made a lot more sense to read the setup and make something up. Honestly your play this entire day has just not sounded thought through and I really don’t think I want two people who can win with either side in this game.

Unvote

Vote: Krow

Because his only post at the time you voted for him was “YEET.” The only other options would be a pressure vote (seemingly ruled out by you stating you intended his death and not asking any questions to actually pressure him) or some bizarre role that would somehow allow you to know something at this point.

It amazes me that you can vote for someone, claim you want them dead, and then blame others for assuming you want to lynch them. Any misinterpretations to that effect are 100% your fault. Also, if inactivity was your reasoning for wanting him dead in the first place, then that would be a policy lynch.
If you actually did look at my old games you could see I do this sort of thing all the time
This explains everything really. It’s what I do. If you want to know why simply go look, it’s not hard to figure out and I don’t like explaining it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Rubik has by far been the most vocal player in the game. Even though he has claimed survivor, I do feel like he really is trying to contribute productively now that we're out of RVS. I would maybe consider voting funnier, however after Moe suggesting I'd be a good lynch target, for absolutely no reason, I won't really follow along with anything he is doing.

I don't want to waste an opportunity to lynch, plus for Storma's sake it'd be good for me to place a vote now so it'd be harder for people to flip, join his wagon, and get a majority lynch on him. So basically this is a vote to even things out.

Vote:YIGAhim

If you sign up for a game, you should want to play, and that of course means reading into the setup.

Yeah those “reasons” don’t make any sense. Let’s pretend I’m you, I’m some kind of survivor who is aware that two survivors could be in this game. Some other person claims survivor. Maybe I want to throw a little suspicion on them because I don’t want another survivor around. Maybe for some reason I think they’re fake claiming. But my number one goal is to survive the game so I don’t want to call attention to myself. Yet for some reason I decide to counter claim. Now why on earth would I do that? Does it benefit me? No. Will it make it more likely that I will die? Yes. But wait, Rubik claimed first so that means my second claim will inevitably have less credit. We only have one role claim a day man you probably would’ve never been pressured to claim at all and if you were it would’ve made a lot more sense to read the setup and make something up. Honestly your play this entire day has just not sounded thought through and I really don’t think I want two people who can win with either side in this game.

Unvote

Vote: Krow

This explains everything really. It’s what I do. If you want to know why simply go look, it’s not hard to figure out and I don’t like explaining it.

I've already answered your question, if you want to waste your time voting me, be my guest. This is my first ever game as a third party, and I'm doing a terrible job, noted. Anyone else want to vote and get this over with? Once I flip and you all finally turn some gears, maybe the game will move elsewhere, like noticing the inactives lurking in the back.

All you're doing is over analyzing, as someone stated before. It's what you do.

That doesn’t mean he’s scum, why not vote krow with me instead? Also nobody ever listens when I recommend this but reading old games is really helpful for reading people when you haven’t played with us.

Yes, please do vote for me. I'll supply the hammer, or maybe we'll get lucky and I have the hated mechanic.

Kirino

Tatakae
@Doc, @Stormageden747: Anything to say?

As for Krow, I see no reason for him to be lying about this claim, so I believe him. I think we can do better than lynch a survivor today. That being said, the odds of two survivors are pretty unlikely, so it's possible that someone's lying, in which case it'd probably be Rubik. If we were to want to kill him, though, it'd probably be better for the vig to do it.

This is a silly excuse. Simple question: why did you vote for Stormageden? Was it pressure?

Also, regarding Krow, you seem to more or less accept his claim of being survivor, so it looks like you're lynching him for his poor/irrational play, and because you view two living survivors as being potentially harmful. Is that correct?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Also nobody ever listens when I recommend this but reading old games is really helpful for reading people when you haven’t played with us.
This might be helpful for me, actually. I think I'll look a bit into the most recent past games played, since I think some players in this game also played in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom