• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Unvote

Vote: YIGAhim

I've literally never seen a survivor who is the only winner if they live. I invite you to show me literally any example of a game on this forum where the survivor's role was worded in a way that forced them to win alone.
Not on this forum. Irl mafia.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Unvote

Vote: YIGAhim

I've literally never seen a survivor who is the only winner if they live. I invite you to show me literally any example of a game on this forum where the survivor's role was worded in a way that forced them to win alone.
I hope you realize your vote on yiga doesn't mean much as a 'confirmed' unaligned :>

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
YEEEEEEEEET
can we agree to just lynch Alfie here? he is going to act like this all game because he has a role he probably doesn't want to play. It's a Policy lynch

also
igmeoy: assholes that bring up the no lynch debate for the umpteenth time

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Not on this forum. Irl mafia.

I invite you to show me any IRL mafia set or Werewolf set whose rules cause the survivor role to win while everyone else loses. That's not a rules variant that literally anyone plays with, you're just straight up lying at me for no reason.

I hope you realize your vote on yiga doesn't mean much as a 'confirmed' unaligned :>

My vote is as good as anyone else's.

My main goal is to survive, but if I scumhunt effectively, I'm hoping town will be willing to keep me alive until the game ends.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I invite you to show me any IRL mafia set or Werewolf set whose rules cause the survivor role to win while everyone else loses. That's not a rules variant that literally anyone plays with, you're just straight up lying at me for no reason.

My vote is as good as anyone else's.

My main goal is to survive, but if I scumhunt effectively, I'm hoping town will be willing to keep me alive until the game ends.
Set? That's not how I roll. The host makes it up and maybe erites it down. We dont use cards or ****. We make up weird roles and more interesting conditions and stuff. Noting is very official

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Y'all are going to hate me for something I did after the game ends, especially you, @Moe the Moblin bit you will have to wait and then you will hate me less
I'm not sure what this means.
I just looked through the setup to see if there's any pregame mechanics that Yiga could be talking about. There isn't.
So I'm just kinda sitting here confused, and a bit curious to see what he was talking about tbh. I'm sure that'll be revealed soon enough, right? @YIGAhim ?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
First role claim and barely anyone was able to show up.

I'm willing to trust Rubik's role claim. There could be two possible survivors in this setup based on what he posted (I didn't actually look into the set-up yet, should probably do that). Either way, I don't see the benefit in claiming survivor this early. It'd be too easy to be caught if the other possible survivor is NK'd and then he would quickly be lynched.

There is reason to kill a Survivor. Not only should a 3rd party character never win (without playing their heart out. Less so as a Survivor brcause of the easy win con), but also because possibly, the survivor is the only winner if they live (the way I am used to it)

One of the few times I remember a survivor in a game was when I was survivor in Skyward Sword Mafia, and my wincon was that I won with the winning side as long as I was alive.

In my opinion, it's in survivor's best interest to scumhunt a little bit and help town. At least at the beginning. Otherwise town would consider them anti-town and lynch. So I see no reason to lynch Rubik right now.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
There is reason to kill a Survivor. Not only should a 3rd party character never win (without playing their heart out. Less so as a Survivor brcause of the easy win con), but also because possibly, the survivor is the only winner if they live (the way I am used to it)

Also, you could be scum, but you are almost certainly not town (unless you are a power role and wish to avoid bring killed).

Vote Rubik

Hi everyone. Nice of you to stop by.

This the the role for Survivor in the setup for this game.
Survivor
Your role is Survivor.
  • You have no abilities, your power is your lynch.
Win Condition:
  • You win if any faction wins and you are still alive.

It literally says you win if any faction wins and you are still alive. If you're gonna vote someone at least use the info that we're already provided (in this case, the setup) before doing it. Because really, your reasoning for voting Rubik is kinda moot now.

I agree that there's no reason to kill Rubik right now. We should be hunting scum. They're much more dangerous to us than a survivor. Survivor's only really a threat if it's towards endgame and they can easily side with scum and win. The earlier we hit scum, the less of a threat survivor becomes.

I actually find it a bit odd that Yiga is using this reasoning, and not the possibility that Rubik is a Jester (which I don't believe) since that's his go to reasoning for everything. And there's actually a chance that there's a jester in this game.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'm not sure what this means.
I just looked through the setup to see if there's any pregame mechanics that Yiga could be talking about. There isn't.
So I'm just kinda sitting here confused, and a bit curious to see what he was talking about tbh. I'm sure that'll be revealed soon enough, right? @YIGAhim ?
I am going to try a great plan and it will make you facepalm until endgame when things can be explained. Just a warning

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Set? That's not how I roll. The host makes it up and maybe erites it down. We dont use cards or ****. We make up weird roles and more interesting conditions and stuff. Noting is very official
YIG, I have a hard time believing that anyone who plays mafia plays the survivor role like that. Maybe you've played it like that literally once in your life or something (though I doubt even that much is true), but you're acting like it's standard for a survivor to win alone.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
This the the role for Survivor in the setup for this game.
Survivor
Your role is Survivor.
  • You have no abilities, your power is your lynch.
Win Condition:
  • You win if any faction wins and you are still alive.

It literally says you win if any faction wins and you are still alive. If you're gonna vote someone at least use the info that we're already provided (in this case, the setup) before doing it. Because really, your reasoning for voting Rubik is kinda moot now.

I agree that there's no reason to kill Rubik right now. We should be hunting scum. They're much more dangerous to us than a survivor. Survivor's only really a threat if it's towards endgame and they can easily side with scum and win. The earlier we hit scum, the less of a threat survivor becomes.

I actually find it a bit odd that Yiga is using this reasoning, and not the possibility that Rubik is a Jester (which I don't believe) since that's his go to reasoning for everything. And there's actually a chance that there's a jester in this game.
If there could be jester, survivor could have a different win con. Also, It's my excusr for everything because so truly believe in my heart that there

A- could be a jester
B- Would win the game as an indep (No one shall ever do that without playing one hell of a game or ever hopefully)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
YIG, I have a hard time believing that anyone who plays mafia plays the survivor role like that. Maybe you've played it like that literally once in your life or something (though I doubt even that much is true), but you're acting like it's standard for a survivor to win alone.
When you think about it though, survivor is too boring without it being a winstealer, and a winstealer would be a much better role. That is why we do it. It is better. We don't do better only once

Kirino

Tatakae
Stormageden would be a decent NK target for the vig tonight if not one-shot. Although Rubik himself suggested it (probably to stave it off, in a reverse psychology kind of way), I don't think vig should target Rubik; maybe if it were a lesser player, but he's good enough to be useful, and there's a small chance he'll be targeted by scum anyway.

And yeah, I don't recall ever seeing a game in which the survivor or similar third-party alone wins upon survival, and the description posted in the set-up explanation clearly indicates that other factions can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom