• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Link In Time said:
I'll be on later tonight to read through Day 1 again. Not my best showing. Even though I agreed with funnier that the wagons were mislynches, I failed to see a better wagon that could spawn in the last few minutes of the day, and I settled for YIGA as Storm's behavior was typical of his town game.
But you voted yiga, right? Why didn't you just unvote and not participate in the lynch if you figured/knew it would end up in a mislynch?

funnier6 said:
That's exactly why we're counter claiming, there's no way all four of us our town imo.
I agree. If there really are two sets of masons, then I don't see a high probability that all four of you are town.

Kuro said:
Neither pair's claims really seem like scum moves for reasons already given, hence why I'm not voting.
You don't think there's a chance that in those pairs there could be a mafia mason partner?

Kuro

caw
You don't think there's a chance that in those pairs there could be a mafia mason partner?
Keep in mind that both pairs appear in full agreement of claiming (the only question is Rainami, and it seems to have been done with her approval). Why would mafia randomly claim d1 and risk a counter-claim, or would mafia risk a counter-claim that would backfire just for the sake of possibly lynching one mason?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Well either way, if you want to lynch me we would know three players true roles, musicfan as mason and funnier and crew as scum. Just keep this in mind, (I wouldn't be opposed to you lynching me if it would help find 2 scum just saying)

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Im Ok with the counter claim two masons might be a possibility. We are not lovers how ever there are many people who can be masons in pokemon.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I am also fine with dieing but dont think it will be as reveling because of how big the pokemon world is and how large the game is.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Mafia would say that.

Mezlo flipping town proves this wrong now. Well, it doesn't prove that I'm not scum, but it shows that we weren't scumbuds working together.

1) It's D1 (At the time of this post)
2) You haven't done much of noticeable interest
3) It's D1 (Again time of their post.)
4) I don't like this because it feels way too forceful and unnecessary and full of BS.

I actually did more this day 1 than I usually do on day 1s, so yeah I kinda had done much of noticeable interest. Not sure how it feels forceful though, as I was giving insight into my scum play. Which other ZD players could agree with.

This completely contradicts with the post below where you decide that Yiga forgetting to unvote and his inactivity are both scummy.

I don't think you've been understanding my reasoning at all. I voted him because his behavior seemed in line with how he played when we were scum together. He was in the thread and posted after the game had gotten serious. He knew the game had gotten serious because he mentioned people removing their joke votes from Mezlo. I don't care if he hadn't caught up fully at that time. He could have removed his vote then instead of keeping it on. I didn't lynch him for a joke vote, I lynched him because he didn't do anything to change that joke vote when he had the opportunity.

Honestly Minish, all that about his being disappointed is well and good until you remember that Yiga likes to joke around all the time. I honestly can't believe he was lynched for it.

I believe that you wouldn't do something like this as scum, I really think you are too careful for that, but I'm noting the possibility of you using the TWTBAW strategy after you mentioned you're careful as scum. Btw your new avatar is cool but nothing beats the Squid Sisters.

Again, him joking around after the game had gotten serious didn't look well for him. But like I said, my reason for voting him wasn't because of his original joking around.

Okay I know what it looks like but I SWEAR I did not kill Mez, if I could have I might've though.

See, this is what I mean about you tunneling Mezlo for really no good reason. You're all over people for lynching Yiga when we actually posted real reasoning for doing so, but had you convinced people to vote your choice yesterday, the result would've been the same since Mezlo flipped town. I kinda honestly just believe you have a grudge against Mezlo for how good he plays so you don't really care what his alignment is, you just want to get him out of the way as soon as possibly just in case.

but after I realized we could've potentially stopped Yigas lynch yesterday if we had counterclaimed I thought we should ASAP.

And this seems to prove my point about tunneling. You were so focused on lynching Mezlo, that you didn't counterclaim and steer us in a direction that could actually provide us very useful information. If you felt that strongly that Yiga was the wrong choice, you should have counterclaimed then. I'm not saying that I don't believe your claim. Just that I feel your priorities were very off day 1.

Rainami

locked away
Okay I know what it looks like but I SWEAR I did not kill Mez, if I could have I might've though.

This really really sucks for town though, I have never seen cops die so quickly before.

Oh and me and Rainami are counter claiming masons, completely and seriously. @Rainami please tell the people when you get here.
yeah

wow I really need to catch up...

Mint Elv

Fish!
My vote was solely to be on one of the major wagons after I found out Kuro had voted for Bok by mistake and always meant to vote me.
Why did your vote need to be on a major wagon?
Except @Midorikawa you had some reads I think, can you talk to me about your thought process on them?
I just don't or do like posts. If I see multiple posts I don't like then I'll scumread, and usually push for a lynch on that person. If I see multiple I like then I'll defend that person. Simple as that. I won't pull up the posts because I don't really have time. I only do so when absolutely necessary and when I have time.
I think I forgot to read this earlier.

Hi, I understand you hate meta a lot, and I use meta a lot, thus you're scum reading me. I doubt I could talk you into why meta is important so I'll skip the argument.

...Though you also go on to say that your aggressiveness and low activity is normal for you which is basically meta.

Looking forward to seeing you do things~ :)
1) I am not scumreading you for meta. I don't scumread for meta. I get annoyed by overuse, which thankfully I really only have to deal with @Zexy overusing it. I'm scumreading you for scummy posts that don't relate to meta.
2) If you read the post you said you forgot to read and then quoted, then you would realized I said it almost never has use. Me being aggressive, and me not liking meta is something that is common of me regardless of alignment. Someone who does some weird softclaims regardless of alignment, thus cannot be called townie or mafia for softclaiming weirdly. In that case it's fine. But using it as a defense or to read someone as town or mafia is what I don't like.
3) One of those things I'll be doing is coming after you :)

Oh and me and Rainami are counter claiming masons, completely and seriously. @Rainami please tell the people when you get here.
Funny to see this come up now, after the other masons claimed, AND after Rainami pushed someone to claim to the masons. That's pretty strange to me. Why push someone to give information to your counterclaim?
This is pretty interesting, though i don't see why music and domo would fakeclaim day one since they didn't really need to. What are the chances that there are two sets of masons in this game?
Of all town I would say low. It's not as useful in an OC game.
Is it possible to have two separate factions of Masons that are both town aligned?
We would be told if this game had multiple mafias or towns.
I actually did more this day 1 than I usually do on day 1s, so yeah I kinda had done much of noticeable interest. Not sure how it feels forceful though, as I was giving insight into my scum play. Which other ZD players could agree with.
No you didn't. Because if you did something worth noting, I would have a stronger impression of you. And considering you apparently read my post, well assuming you read more than me talking about you, then you know not to bother with meta with me. Don't try to use it as a defense. Give me something other than your past ZD games because I don't care how you played in the past. I don't care how you'll play in the future. I only care about your actions this game. And none of them have me impressed.

yeah

wow I really need to catch up...
This feels off. Confused. As though they did not know of the mason claim and plan to come out. Makes me feel stronger about my voting choice.

VOTE: Funnier6

I think he's full of it. He's had a few off posts, and I know from experience mafia can easily look town. So those off post are super important because I believe they're scumslips. I beleive I quoted them in my mega post too. I also don't buy the mason claim. The timing is off, and his partners actions make zero sense for it.

D

Deleted member 14134

Ok I feel like not a lot is happening right now besides the two mason claims so I want to get things moving. I don't think scum would claim masons day one for no reason at all like music/domo did. I also don't think scum would come out the next day and make a fake counter claim since it wouldn't be very believable for the reasons above. For the time being, I'm willing to believe both claims right now even though it's possible that not all four of them may be town (though I'm leaning towards believing that they all are) I wanted to take a look at feenie since she stuck out at me day one.
I like this reasoning. It makes sense.

UNVOTE: Libk.
VOTE: Lone_Garurumon.

Still want to hear from Libk, though.
Here she was referencing this post from music.
Yet he joins a random lynch bandwagon. I understand the 2nd part but there have been people who are more inactive or active who havent said much but he jmps on the band wagon of one.
I felt like this vote was abit opportunistic and she didn't add any of her own thoughts as to why she voted LG.
Ehhh on second thought, I'm not so sure about lynching Lone_Garurumon. His vote on Mellow at least gave a reason, albeit it didn't make sense, but he was trying to find something to work with rather than others who were on it for joke votings' sake and either are staying on it because they want to see him lynched or are going to forget to take their vote off.

UNVOTE: Lone_Garurumon.
VOTE: YIGAhim.
Here she voted yiga but didn't provide any reasoning until she responded to me mentioning that she hadn't.
I decided to switch my vote to yiga because yiga is oddly persistent on lynching Mellow for seemingly no reason at all and it strikes me as a little weird. He's barely posted or contributed this phase at all and the few things he's said is just him being disappointed if a Mellow lynch didn't occur. If he wants a Mellow lynch to happen so badly, then he should advocate for it more and give reasons on why we should vote Mellow and make it happen.
I believe this was the first serious vote on Yiga but she soon took it off. The reasoning here is decent.
But he kept the vote on right.... hmmm okay:suspicious: I guess I'll

UNVOTE: YIGAhim.

for now. Tired, will have to see what's up tomorrow.
After that she unvoted when funnier pointed out that it was just a joke. I'll come back to this later
Well I took it off because funnier mentioned how it was a joke, and I was thinking maybe I was wrong to be so quick to vote him because of him joking, but after seeing how yiga has been online and has not posted in the game since and could've but did not remove his vote from Mellow, I'm going to be placing my vote back on. I said that because I was wanting to make sure he never removed his vote from Mellow, despite saying it was a 'joke'. If it was really a joke, then you'd think at some point you would remove that vote. A joke vote stops being a joke when you don't remove it by the end of the phase.

VOTE: YIGAhim.
Then she put her vote back on Yiga in the next post. At this time the wagon had built up again and like her vote on LG it feels abit opportunistic.
Also you bring up a lot of good points. I really gotta think about this, I'm going to reread the thread real fast, see who stands out to me but you really are making a lot of sense. @YIGAhim would like to hear from you please.
I don't think you ever came back on and posted if anyone else stands out to you? She could of been busy or not had enough time but it may just be a way of looking like she's going to consider other options while actually sitting back and watching Yiga get lynched while trying to look unsure about the lynch. She seems to be acting unsure here as well. I don't like the lack of confidence in the vote while still leaving it on.

Vote: Feenie

I know a lot of people from BPG (did I get the acronym right? Apologies if I didn't.) say they feel good about her and people have given her town reads for trying to solve the game and considering different options but she felt a a bit too opportunistic and flip floppy for my liking. I'm going to take another look at alit and maybe comment on some of his posts but feenie stood out more to me in day one.

Also idk how much more I'll be posting tonight so if you ask me anything I'll probably respond to it some time tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 14134

Ok, foolproof scumtest #2. In Pokemon go which team did you align yourself with? I chose team mystic.

414ZojlBdnL._SY355_.jpg

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
No you didn't. Because if you did something worth noting, I would have a stronger impression of you. And considering you apparently read my post, well assuming you read more than me talking about you, then you know not to bother with meta with me. Don't try to use it as a defense. Give me something other than your past ZD games because I don't care how you played in the past. I don't care how you'll play in the future. I only care about your actions this game. And none of them have me impressed.

Just because I didn't do anything worth noting to you, doesn't mean I didn't do anything. Also, I feel like this whole meta argument has a lot to do with the differences between the two forums. We never have outside chats (unless the roles call for it) nor are we allowed to post at night. Both of those things seem to allow for more specific game solving, whereas the way we play you kind of have to get a feel for how others usually play and apply that to how you read them. So I'm not gonna stop using meta now, because it can be useful.

Also, it was day 1. Not a whole lot you can do on day 1 to "prove" yourself. I made my case about my vote and that's all I felt the need to do then. It obviously cased something to happen, as a lot of the votes on Yiga came after I voted, but sure I didn't do anything.

D

Deleted member 14134

I asked soaring dillion and he said members can post vote counts so I might post them throughout the thread so we have more consistent counts (and I'm still in modding mode since my game just ended lol)

A Link in Time - 1 (Kuro)
Funnier6 - 1 (Midorikawa)
Feenie - 1 ((Bok of the Wild)

Day ends Thursday September 14th at 4pm est. With 23 alive it takes 12 to reach majority.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
@funnier6 @Rainami @musicfan @Domozilla777 I ask this question to all Mason claims: are you just Masons, or do you have additional powers? Also, do your PMs say "Mason" or "Neighbour"? This is a very important distinction that I want to have nailed down before I do anything rash.

@Lilac If you want you could try one of the Mentor games over on the Bulba forums. I don't think we have any queued up right now, but you'd get paired up with a more experience player who would help you to learn the ropes and improve your skills.

I am also fine with dieing but dont think it will be as reveling because of how big the pokemon world is and how large the game is.
Except flavour hunting is bad, especially in a theme this vague. If I lynched one of you to prove the Mason claim, it would be for context in terms of roles and their power, and the balance of roles in the game, not to see what character you were.

It doesn't stand out to me
(... @Lone_Garurumon I swear I didn't realise the joke until after I typed that)
max_cool_big.jpg

Rainami

locked away
I'm a mason with funnier. We're not neighbors.
This feels off. Confused. As though they did not know of the mason claim and plan to come out. Makes me feel stronger about my voting choice.

VOTE: Funnier6

I think he's full of it. He's had a few off posts, and I know from experience mafia can easily look town. So those off post are super important because I believe they're scumslips. I beleive I quoted them in my mega post too. I also don't buy the mason claim. The timing is off, and his partners actions make zero sense for it.
I'm confused because I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. I've caught up on the thread somewhat, but I still need to go over some things more.

I was aware of the plan to cc mason. For what it's worth, it was my idea to hold off on claiming in the first place. But I had literally just woken up and had no idea what to say.

Rainami

locked away
I've been suspicious of music and domo ever since music hinted at being mason. But I do recall being in games with more than one mason. So I'm not convinced they're scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom