• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Hmm, that's probably because it's just a copy-paste of the standard BMGf ruleset. No editing is a hard rule of mafia games as a whole, so we don't need to put it in the rules.

Like Kuro said, some of them would be in the moderation queue because they're large posts and the system flags the user as a potential spambot. That's why I've been going around the forum talking about things, get the post-count up so I stop being flagged.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Hmm, that's probably because it's just a copy-paste of the standard BMGf ruleset. No editing is a hard rule of mafia games as a whole, so we don't need to put it in the rules.

Like Kuro said, some of them would be in the moderation queue because they're large posts and the system flags the user as a potential spambot. That's why I've been going around the forum talking about things, get the post-count up so I stop being flagged.
Ive never encountered that here when I was knew or I dont rember it.

funnier6

Courage~
You've been questioned about this a few times already, but I don't recall ever seeing a response from you, despite that you've been on and posting otherwise. Was this a town or a scum lean, and what gives you the idea?

I'm not going to say anything about the vote itself, because several people already have, but I am going to ask why you picked me over any of the other players? At that point in the game, there were players with higher post counts than myself who also hadn't contributed anything. But it seemed like you singled me out for some reason. Why? Was it because I already had votes and it was an easy wagon? Or was it because I had votes and therefore would've been easy to pressure me? Either way, it looks bad. There were more than enough votes on me already at that point, and while none were serious, you'd be better off applying pressure to someone else with less votes. I wouldn't have even reacted to it initially due to the rest of my votes being jokevotes, I would've probably dismissed yours as a joke vote as well, so you wouldn't have gotten what you wanted out of your vote.

Was this supposed to be a random vote, or was there some kind of ulterior motive behind it? Because the game had gotten serious by this point, so joke votes weren't necessary.

It's funny because of the 12 posts I had made by that point, at least 2 of them were during sign ups, so there were people with more posts than myself who also hadn't contributed. I, at the very least, had answered a serious question earlier on, so at least it's something.

Eh, I agree with the people that said this sounding like soft defending. There was plenty of time left in the day (still is, in fact), so I was in no danger. And nobody had really suggested at that point that I was actually going to get lynched. In fact, only one person on my wagon apparently placed their vote on me seriously, the rest were jokes.

What do you mean by this?

*bites your head off*

omnomnom

I disagree. Day 1 can arguably be one of the most important days in the game if it's as serious as this one, so anything that happens during day 1 is good info. When is it ever actually too early to be talking about distancing?

I found Garurumon's vote to be weird and unnecessary, and I thought he was really reaching and fishing for evidence when he made it, but I don't necessarily see it as a scum move. Simultaneously, though, I don't see it as a pro-town move.

But... you're aware Day 2 will have almost twice as much stuff to read, right?

Why? He's done literally nothing all game. There's no possible way to have a solid read on him one way or another. Are you guys scumbuds?

Appreciate it, but do you have anything else to contribute?

I would agree with you on Storm if it hadn't been for recent events (I quoted this post while I was reading so Storm's recent posts came in after and I'm just too lazy to erase this quote)

To be fair, Storm is usually suspicious because of the things he says, but not necessarily the things he does. I agreed with the suspicion on him based on his immediately asking for a replacement, because it meant he was unwilling to make an effort to catch up in this game, which is definitely not pro-town. If you are a townie, why do you have any reason to be scared of a little pressure and having to contribute?

Umbreon all the way!

ugh, seriously? You're going to pull this **** again?

MODS: I'm officially requesting Storm be either replaced or modkilled. He has pulled this behaviour in games before, and has actively ruined them. I do not want to deal with it this time around, and I don't want to waste a lynch on him.

Anyway, after having read, I have a few thoughts on people.

First off, as I said earlier, funnier is town. He's playing exactly the way he did last game, which is certainly different from his previous scum games.

Aside from him, I agree with the people who believe Feenie to be town. Her thoughts seem genuine, and I like how she's been acting rather independently thus far.

Garurumon is weird. I dislike his vote on me, but I don't necessarily believe him to be scum. I just think that was one move that wasn't really a town move, but I don't think it was necessarily a mafia move. I need to see more to know better.

Alit is my one scum lean right now. I don't question his vote on Garurumon or the reasons, but I don't like how quickly he made it without talking about anyone else or posting any other reads. Also, somebody else previously mentioned how he waited a bit between posting his suspicion on Garuru and actually placing his vote, but didn't post anything else in between. I'm also curious about YIGAhim, as he's clearly been present (seeing as how he responded to funnier as soon as funnier said he missed my earlier post), but hasn't contributed much/at all, and I'd like to see more from him. I'd consider him a scum lean if he had actually given me something to base that off of.

Everybody else in the game is mostly null, although I've been liking Kuro so far. Lots of people still haven't posted, so hard to read them. I'd like to see more from Minish, because she's usually a good town player, but she hasn't said too much yet.

Mkay, I just reread this and it's not completely as slime ball as I thought. @Minish_Link I think you asked about this.

It still seems exactly like korra day one when you boiled my blood and thought I was town at the same time. (Pretty sure you said I was town anyway)

Earlier when I read this I was prepared to lynch you and feel perfectly good about it and though now I feel less good about it I think you're a better lynch than garu.

Vote: Mez

This'll make five times in a row your alignment was different if you're scum. :D

funnier6

Courage~
@Feenie

Why did you unvote in this post? YIGA hadn't replied to your concerns get. What do you mean by "he kept the vote on right"?

I was agreeing completely on your thought process of feenie up to here, she invited Yiga cause I reminded her he wasn't actually pushing Mez's wagon he was just joking.

Btw can you change your avatar? I legit think it's making me biased lol.
Unvote

Vote: Yigahim

I feel more confident voting here for now after his series of strange posts about the Mezlo wagon.

Come on ALIT Yiga is pure mislynch bait rn, if this is for pressure sure, go for it, but lynching him for his RVS posting is just crazy.

I'm not going to be suspicious of him until he gets in here and says something semi relevant, though I'm noting Garus wagon and this wagon both looks opportunistic.

funnier6

Courage~
I was agreeing completely on your thought process of feenie up to here, she invited Yiga cause I reminded her he wasn't actually pushing Mez's wagon he was just joking.

Btw can you change your avatar? I legit think it's making me biased lol.

Come on ALIT Yiga is pure mislynch bait rn, if this is for pressure sure, go for it, but lynching him for his RVS posting is just crazy.

I'm not going to be suspicious of him until he gets in here and says something semi relevant, though I'm noting Garus wagon and this wagon both looks opportunistic.

Unvoted*
Finally caught up after having to re-read the new stuff twice to gather my thoughts. Not used to this many people in a game.

I honestly don't see why you're so against people using your meta to read you. We're just using it as a reference, and it does really give insight on how to read you. I happen to agree with the town reads on you so far, since you are playing similar to the previous game. The size of the game doesn't really matter, it's your actions.

That one episode where the brothers were pushing the younger brother to choose an eeveeloution for his Eevee and he didn't want him to evolve made me really sad. So I like the original Eevee.

Do you think ALIT would be putting Feenie as a town read and saying how much he likes what she has said so far this early in the game if they're scumbuds? I mean, I could potentially see it but it seems a bit risky to make that big of a connection with each other when they could lay low for now.

What exactly did you dislike about the post?

I like this post and have liked Feenie's posts in general so far. I feel like she's truly trying to think through the game and is posting as her thoughts change without overthinking it too much. Gives me a town vibe there.

Hmm, this strikes me as a bit odd. Bok is usually a pretty strong poster, which goes against what you said. I don't disagree with your town lean on him, as he seems to be his usual townie self so far, but I don't quite think your reasoning is solid.

Mezlo kinda touched on this a bit before, but Storm is a bit of weird situation. If any of the Bulba people want to look a little more into what I mean, you can read the first day of recent Legend of Korra game. Because of that, I don't put a whole lot of stock in him claiming he can only reply on odd days. But I also don't scum read him for that either. It's honestly just hard to read him, as he does scummy things and tries to get himself lynched as town a lot.

Oh boy, Jamie's here.
Can't wait to finally lynch you for once. :P

Anyways, I guess I don't really have any overtly scummy suspicions about anyone right now. But I usually don't day 1, and with this many people it makes it even harder as scum can blend in easily.
I do want to see what Lone_Garurumon has to say though. I think that could possibly help with some reads.

I.. literally explained why in that post. O-O This game feels out of my depth so I doubt my reads will be half as accurate as that game. If this game only had twelve-ish people who I all knew I wouldn't say anything.

I agree with what you said about bok, but I think he was posting more often this game than usual.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I feel better about @Lone_Garurumon now that he posted his defense. I'm not sure if scum would risk doing that move to try to turn discussion serious. It would have been easier for them if they just continued to let the joke posts go on as long as possible and possibly just let town lynch another townie.

However, I don't feel very good about this Storm wagon that's started to form. Mainly because he pulls this stuff and causes town to lose focus and end up lynching him when he's a townie. I would much rather wait to see if he's going to get a replacement or not.

Mkay, I just reread this and it's not completely as slime ball as I thought. @Minish_Link I think you asked about this.

I did ask about it. However, you still didn't really say what you didn't like about that post.

I.. literally explained why in that post. O-O This game feels out of my depth so I doubt my reads will be half as accurate as that game. If this game only had twelve-ish people who I all knew I wouldn't say anything.

Yeah, but your personal reads have nothing to do with how we read you. It's not necessarily what you say about people, it's how you act that allows us to read you. I just don't understand why you seem to get defensive when people read you as town.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I feel better about @Lone_Garurumon now that he posted his defense. I'm not sure if scum would risk doing that move to try to turn discussion serious. It would have been easier for them if they just continued to let the joke posts go on as long as possible and possibly just let town lynch another townie.

However, I don't feel very good about this Storm wagon that's started to form. Mainly because he pulls this stuff and causes town to lose focus and end up lynching him when he's a townie. I would much rather wait to see if he's going to get a replacement or not.

I did ask about it. However, you still didn't really say what you didn't like about that post.

Yeah, but your personal reads have nothing to do with how we read you. It's not necessarily what you say about people, it's how you act that allows us to read you. I just don't understand why you seem to get defensive when people read you as town.
he was replaced by Jamie if I remember correctly. Does any one have any conections with the inactives to see iif they will be able to post a im still here type of post?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
he was replaced by Jamie if I remember correctly. Does any one have any conections with the inactives to see iif they will be able to post a im still here type of post?

Lilac is correct that Jamie replaced Zachie. Storm hasn't been officially replaced, and I'm not entirely sure if he still plans on being so or not.

Actually I just had this looked into and it was my eyes playing tricks on me. So don't worry about that anymore.

If this is the case, why do we let him keep playing in every game? This just means no one learned anything from korra 3.

I mean, I can't really answer that. Hosts can choose to allow or not allow certain people in games. But what should be taken from Korra (and games before it where this has also happened), is that it would just be easier to ignore him for now and focus on the actual game instead of whatever antics he's up to. If he is actually scum then it will show eventually, or he will get a replacement to where we can actually play the game.

funnier6

Courage~

I agree about storm and garu.

Well it was in the second paragraph that you didn't quote, I said that post he seems just like he was in korra and I'm inclined to lynch for it. I suppose you can call it a gut read but in my experience if I'm town that practically makes Mez immediate scum.

You realize me being defensive is saying I'm trying tell people I'm not town? XD

In my last game I found the first ones to say I was towny were suspicious (and rightfully so!) and here I'm trying to say don't expect me to almost lynch the role cop day one, I really don't see that as defensive or worth talking about tbh.

Somebody probably already said this but that was zachie that got replaced.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I mean, I can't really answer that. Hosts can choose to allow or not allow certain people in games. But what should be taken from Korra (and games before it where this has also happened), is that it would just be easier to ignore him for now and focus on the actual game instead of whatever antics he's up to. If he is actually scum then it will show eventually, or he will get a replacement to where we can actually play the game.

Either way it's a pain to deal with. :/

I guess we just have to wait until D2 to find out whats up with him, though my vote remains the same for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom