• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Don't tell me to slow down, all I'm doing is saying why I'm against the idea of lynching him right now since people have started talking about it. Why haven't I pressure voted anyone? You know what activity is like here and we're not even 24 hours in. I want to give people a chance to come in themselves and give their thoughts on their own. Anyways my vote is already on someone who has posted yet so @Midorikawa hi friend, welcome to the forums.

You know what I meant right? Like you're already jumping to mafia laughing at us for lynching Mez when the day isnt even half over just sounds like your soft defending him.

Well I meant criticising what I'm doing without giving any ideas about what we should be doing isn't particularly helpful.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
@SoaringDylan Could you also bookmark the current vote tally so that people don't have to hunt it down a few pages back?

you say both would be easy for mafia, but which moreso? personally I think the latter would be easier. if the bandwagon went through then mafia wouldn't want to be looked at regarding it & if a bandwagon is forming all they have to do is layback and watch.
Definitely the latter in my experience. Eventually people will want to look back at the wagon and see who voted for Mellow. Mafia would want to distance themselves from that kind of scenario, so they hold back from voting and try to appear Town, or strike up an alternative lynch to split the suspicions up later on (although that's a risky move by itself).

And this lynch is different because it's not just a series of plain jokevotes, there is what to look at in what people said and did about the wagon.

But you're one of them. Like others have mentioned, there's still time for people to drop their jokevotes like you did, why are you bringing this up now? It's a pretty basic point and it kinda looks like distancing.
It's not distancing, or at least that's not the intention. Of course I'm one of them and was fully aware that suspicion might come my way for placing the vote, just as I said in the same post. At some point I'm sure I'll stand out for removing my vote, but most of the voters placed it as a joke (ie like mine), their other posts can be just as telling. But that aside, I'm bringing it up now because it's important to consider every alternative, be it from a Town perspective or a Mafia perspective. "Basic point" or not, if you don't have a good starting point then reviewing the fundamentals can help to narrow down scummy tendencies.

Both of you are assuming Mez is town, at least be open minded about it. This all about the reads we get from it and as soon as Mez makes a serious post I'ma see whether another wagon would be better.
Excuse me, who's assuming that Mezlo is Town? I said "if he flips Town" in one of my posts, but that doesn't mean that I think he's Town. There's also Third Party to consider, and given the size of this game there probably is a third faction. Frankly, all this pushiness and ordering us about just looks like a scummy attempt to look Town.

D

Deleted member 14134

Day 1 is usually less serious in the early hours from what I've seen so far. I'm starting to get a very slight lean on Bok though. Mostly just intuition.
What kind of lean and based on what?
You know what I meant right? Like you're already jumping to mafia laughing at us for lynching Mez when the day isnt even half over just sounds like your soft defending him.
I've decided I am A okay with a Mez lynch until he either convinces me or I decide on a better wagon, @Mellow Ezlo talk to me, have any gut reads?
You said you're ok with the Mez lynch awhile ago. Sorry if it seems like I'm soft defending him, let me make my intentions perfectly clear. I'm not ok with a Mez lynch when the wagon started off as a bunch of joke votes especially now that the game has gotten serious and several people haven't contributed anything yet.
But as of right now I'm not ok with this Mez lynch. There's still over half the day to go and now that discussion has gotten serious I think we can find a better candidate than just push a lynch though that started out a series of joke votes.

Kuro

caw
I have a feeling I'm gonna be talking to you a lot.

Because honestly, were you expecting him to say ''Why yes, I'm dead set on lynching Mez today this is not a joke'' when he obviously decided to as a joke before the game started. Nine times out of ten if you challenge someone over a joke vote you're going to get "I was just kidding lol" I mean c'mon.

Yes, yes it is. The questions you are currently asking I can see giving information.

I guess I wasn't being clear, what is your read on music? Town lean, scum lean, what?

I'm defending him a little because I know him better. (Idk what he's like as scum though)
Good, I kinda like you.

A. Making a joke vote and pushing a joke are entirely different. B. Making people take stances and commit or drop positions is important. You always want to make people do things you can read. And yes, seeing how serious he was about the vote when he took it that far counts as a stance. I know nothing about him and how he plays, and I want him to take positions and answer questions about what he said and will say/do, because that gives insight into him.
For that matter, see YIGAhim. I'm not talking about him because all his posts are pretty much just "everyone jokevote wheeee!" without really targeting someone specific. That's pointless to question. This isn't.

So it's a matter of approach then.

You know, if you wanted my read on him rather than the suspicion he gave, you could have said that before? ^^ So far, all I can say is that his approach is a little too careless, maybe? He's null to me, because all he's done is take a pre-game joke, run it a couple yards further, and a couple other things I don't quite get but I don't feel he thought that much about either.

So one way to read that is, you're defending him from my poking at him because you know him more, yet not enough to be able to say if his behavior reflects any alignment?

Reread what we both said. He said he'd rather lynch someone from ZD because he knows them and would gain more info from one of their lynches. I'm saying that we can learn something from anyone's lynch, not just the people we know so therefore we shouldn't just focus on certain people because of that.

I'm still upset over everyone focusing on two people in ALiTs game and town getting wiped because of it so maybe you can see where I'm coming from here lol.

Okay, that I understand.

Don't tell me to slow down, all I'm doing is saying why I'm against the idea of lynching him right now since people have started talking about it. Why haven't I pressure voted anyone? You know what activity is like here and we're not even 24 hours in. I want to give people a chance to come in themselves and give their thoughts on their own.

But that's exactly it, all he has is jokevotes on him, a large portion of the game has just placed those joke votes or done nothing yet at all. and only a couple people are even considering him an option. Are you that worried that not enough joke votes will be removed?

D

Deleted member 14134

But that's exactly it, all he has is jokevotes on him, a large portion of the game has just placed those joke votes or done nothing yet at all. and only a couple people are even considering him an option. Are you that worried that not enough joke votes will be removed?
I'm worried the joke wagon is going to stay and he'll get lynched because of it. I'm not completely against lynching mez if he comes on and starts to look scummy but I don't want a joke wagon to go through when the game has gotten serious and there's over half the day left. Btw I don't think any of the joke votes look suspicious. I know you were wary of music but I'm pretty sure he was just joking and not actually trying to push the lynch that early in the day.

funnier6

Courage~
@SoaringDylan Could you also bookmark the current vote tally so that people don't have to hunt it down a few pages back?

Definitely the latter in my experience. Eventually people will want to look back at the wagon and see who voted for Mellow. Mafia would want to distance themselves from that kind of scenario, so they hold back from voting and try to appear Town, or strike up an alternative lynch to split the suspicions up later on (although that's a risky move by itself).

It's not distancing, or at least that's not the intention. Of course I'm one of them and was fully aware that suspicion might come my way for placing the vote, just as I said in the same post. At some point I'm sure I'll stand out for removing my vote, but most of the voters placed it as a joke (ie like mine), their other posts can be just as telling. But that aside, I'm bringing it up now because it's important to consider every alternative, be it from a Town perspective or a Mafia perspective. "Basic point" or not, if you don't have a good starting point then reviewing the fundamentals can help to narrow down scummy tendencies.

Excuse me, who's assuming that Mezlo is Town? I said "if he flips Town" in one of my posts, but that doesn't mean that I think he's Town. There's also Third Party to consider, and given the size of this game there probably is a third faction. Frankly, all this pushiness and ordering us about just looks like a scummy attempt to look Town.

Yes I was, but joking aside, I think he has enough pressure on him as is. The number of votes is high enough (partly why I removed mine) meaning that Mafia could take full advantage of that. Given the sheer amount of people who piled on, it's easy for the Mafia to add to that and blend in with the crowd, but it'd be easier for them to vote elsewhere or lay low. Out of sight, out of mind as it were.

Ya know?

---

@Mellow Ezlo Thoughts on the current wagon against you?

This post reads to me like ''how the mafia are going to take advantage of Mez's wagon because Mez is a villager'' I see in your next post you say he could very well be scum but I was talking about this post.

Also, um, the finding me scummy helps my read on you but could you say it without biting my head off please? :sweat:

It's way too early to be talking about distancing imo (talking about kuro)
What kind of lean and based on what?

You said you're ok with the Mez lynch awhile ago. Sorry if it seems like I'm soft defending him, let me make my intentions perfectly clear. I'm not ok with a Mez lynch when the wagon started off as a bunch of joke votes especially now that the game has gotten serious and several people haven't contributed anything yet.

Mkay, I suppose that's a reasonable stance, I just didn't like you appearing content to be on the sidelines. Since I'm still in the gathering information stage I don't really care how I get it, thus I'm all right with lynching Mez for the present.

How do you feel about us ZD people bok? Got any reads yet?

D

Deleted member 14134

Mkay, I suppose that's a reasonable stance, I just didn't like you appearing content to be on the sidelines. Since I'm still in the gathering information stage I don't really care how I get it, thus I'm all right with lynching Mez for the present.

How do you feel about us ZD people bok? Got any reads yet?
As I said before I just skimmed the thread and right now I've mostly just been responding to you. I'm going to do a hard re-read later on and will take a better look at the people who have been posting so that's why I haven't posted many other thoughts. The Mez wagon just stood out to me which is why I commented on that right away. As for reads I'll post them when I do my re read of the thread, probably later today/tonight.

funnier6 said:
What do you mean?
I was referring to this
Bok of the Wild said:
You know what activity is like here and we're not even 24 hours in.
If activity is a problem normally, I'm not sure if Libk will even come in and address my question to him.

Emiya SHIROU said:
Mafia would want to distance themselves from that kind of scenario, so they hold back from voting and try to appear Town,
I don't see how that's distancing or how refraining to vote would make someone appear more town.

Frankly, all this pushiness and ordering us about just looks like a scummy attempt to look Town.
It comes across more pro-towny to me since he's been active and contributes well in discussion.

Kuro said:
Honestly, a lot of people probably won't remove those joke votes because they may either forgot to or they might not even think to because a different better wagon may not be brought up.

funnier6

Courage~
Good, I kinda like you.

A. Making a joke vote and pushing a joke are entirely different. B. Making people take stances and commit or drop positions is important. You always want to make people do things you can read. And yes, seeing how serious he was about the vote when he took it that far counts as a stance. I know nothing about him and how he plays, and I want him to take positions and answer questions about what he said and will say/do, because that gives insight into him.
For that matter, see YIGAhim. I'm not talking about him because all his posts are pretty much just "everyone jokevote wheeee!" without really targeting someone specific. That's pointless to question. This isn't.

So it's a matter of approach then.

You know, if you wanted my read on him rather than the suspicion he gave, you could have said that before? ^^ So far, all I can say is that his approach is a little too careless, maybe? He's null to me, because all he's done is take a pre-game joke, run it a couple yards further, and a couple other things I don't quite get but I don't feel he thought that much about either.

So one way to read that is, you're defending him from my poking at him because you know him more, yet not enough to be able to say if his behavior reflects any alignment?

Okay, that I understand.

Kinda like you too. Btw your posts are falling from space again. D:

I guess I sort of see where you're coming from, I think it's mostly because you're not used to RVS, him wanting everyone to vote Mez and making a joke reads list isn't surprising at all.

Yeah, I shoulda been more clear sorreh.

I know enough about him to say he's being just like he was as town, I just dunno how well he can replicate it.

funnier6

Courage~
I was referring to this

If activity is a problem normally, I'm not sure if Libk will even come in and address my question to him.

I don't see how that's distancing or how refraining to vote would make someone appear more town.

It comes across more pro-towny to me since he's been active and contributes well in discussion.

Honestly, a lot of people probably won't remove those joke votes because they may either forgot to or they might not even think to because a different better wagon may not be brought up.

Oh, well it's not exactly a problem, it's just some people low post as a rule, like libk and Pendio don't normally say much until day two, so I have no idea if they'll contribute much today.

In all fairness I post like crazy as both alignments sooo.
As I said before I just skimmed the thread and right now I've mostly just been responding to you. I'm going to do a hard re-read later on and will take a better look at the people who have been posting so that's why I haven't posted many other thoughts. The Mez wagon just stood out to me which is why I commented on that right away. As for reads I'll post them when I do my re read of the thread, probably later today/tonight.

Gotcha.

funnier6

Courage~
I havent seen a post from them since sign ups

Unvote
Vote storm

Storm is usually more active and the center of attention due to role claiming early so the fact that he hasnt made a post let is odd.

You missed it, he said something about wanting to be replaced, look at his iso.

I think it was a misunderstanding tbh but what do I know.

Chef made an RVS vote iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom