• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo @ E3 2017 News & Predictions

Zachie

Moo
So Nintendo and all of their E3 shenanigans are happening in around 8 hours. What are you hoping/expecting to see from them? I'd like a bit more news on the upcoming Pokemon/Fire Emblem games. I heard a rumour that Oddyssey was being moved up and Xenoblade 2 was delayed so I'd like to see that last bit proven wrong.

Also if any of you are going to be watching the Splatoon 2 tournament note that @Krazy4Krash will be participating and representing Australia with his team.

What do you guys think?

Well done to @Krazy4Krash for being a Splatoon ninja and being able to compete on such a grand stage. <3

Im not in the same boat as most people for this E3;

-I kind of think it'll be a while before any new Zelda be it 3ds or Switch.
-Sakamoto full on wrecked Metroid for me, so unless the next game is a reboot i wont much care.
-I still have a good WiiU library so ports of those games, unless there are some good additions, i wont care.
-Im sold on Arms and Splatoon so more footage of them wont engage me all that much.

So really anything we get will be news and intersting since i've not built up my hopes.

The only thing i really want is Kirby. I love Kirby and im curious to see what kind of potential hot mess his 'online multiplayer' game is. So i wanna see that out of sheer morbid curiosity.

I also wanna know which Tales Of game is coming to Switch.

Last edited:
  • Xenoblace Chronicles 2
  • Kirby - 2018
  • Pokken Tournament DX
  • New Pokemon core game on Switch
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • New Yoshi game 2018
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Skyrim and Amiibo
  • Zelda: Breath of the WIld - DLC
  • 4x Zelda: Breath of the Wild Champions - Amiibo
  • Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle
  • Rocket League
  • Super Mario Odyssey + Mario, Princess Peach, and Bowser in their wedding outfits amiibo
  • Metroid: Samus Returns - 3DS + special edition
  • Two Metroid Amiibo - Metroid and Samus
  • Rumour - Super Mario Odyssey amiibo - koopa trooper and goomba

Last edited:
Very happy about the Kirby game for Switch. Gutter that its next year because i want it now but there's a lot coming this year.
Im loving the ability to add elements to your powers. Thats a great idea.

I thought the spotlight was a perfect balance of present and future, something Sony didnt get right.

Great show. Short and sweet with a few good bombs.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Would have been another disappointment for me if not for how hard Samus Returns made my nipples. I'm looking forward to Kirby and Yoshi on the Switch but they're not exactly major games for me. Metroid Prime 4 would have gotten me really hyped if it wasn't just a logo, otherwise, it being confirmed to be in development was rather obvious. I was also happy to see more Mario Odyssey but overall, Nintendo's offerings were pretty tame. But f*ck yeah, Metroid! I swear, that's like the only surprise for me this E3.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Well let's see:
We got a new Kirby game
We got an extremely hype 3D Mario game
We got a brand new Mario Spinoff Series that looks fantastic
We got announcement for a Switch Pokemon game
We got 2 Metroid games
We got real details for BotW DLC
We have the proof of potential for Splatoon 2 being a premiere E-Sport
We got a new Yoshi game
A remake of the very first Mario and Luigi game
An announcement of a real Pikmin 4 being in development

This was a really good E3.

I would say this was the second best E3 from Nintendo I've ever seen. The only one that tops it is E3 2010.

Despite most of the heavy hitters like Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 just being confirmation that they're being worked on, the future ahead looks bright for the Switch and Nintendo in general. Mario Odyssey is another Game of the Year and maybe even Game of the Generation contender right up there with Breath of the Wild. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is another big hitter for the year, and although Kirby and Yoshi appear relatively conservative, they still should be fun.

Nice to see Nintendo keeping the 3DS around with Metroid and Mario & Luigi announcements. They've learned their lesson of supporting hardware that still sells after they abandoned the Wii too quickly. The system should meet a graceful end in the next year or so, at least on the first party front.

An A effort when the presentation and treehouse are fully considered.

I would say this was the second best E3 from Nintendo I've ever seen. The only one that tops it is E3 2010.
In my opinion this year is the 3rd best. 2nd best was 2015. That whole puppet thing and the whole video was amazing. Last year, 2016 wins though. One game, but it was so hyped so much. Totally showed off so very well.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
In my opinion this year is the 3rd best. 2nd best was 2015. That whole puppet thing and the whole video was amazing. Last year, 2016 wins though. One game, but it was so hyped so much. Totally showed off so very well.
Uh......
2015 was the "dark" ages of Nintendo. Yeah, the puppet thing was cool, but E3 was about games. And the games... Well....

Star Fox Zero- A very flawed concept from the very start, so much so that professional developers couldn't envelop proper game design for it. People who played it on the show floor hated it, and it looked very underwhelming. I had still had hope that it was good: but it was hardly hype worthy.
Triforce Heroes- A multiplayer 3D Zelda game. Which was actually pretty decent, but by no means exciting.
Mario Maker- Arguably their biggest game of the show, but it was pretty good.
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival-trash
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash-trash
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam: Yet another rehash, and it is the worst M&L
Xenoblade Chronicles X: A game that has been out in Japan for 2 months already, the only thing we saw was the release.
Yoshi Wooly World- A good looking 2D Platformer

2015 was really one of the most disappointing E3's since 2008(As an aside this was also my first E3 that I watched... What a train wreck that was).
I have no idea about you. But I would take
An expansion of what many call the greatest game of all time(BOTW)
Metroid Prime 4 Announcement
Pokemon on home console Announcement
2D Metroid 3DS announcment
A true, full blown 3D Mario Game
Another Xenoblade game, this time getting a worldwide release on the same day
A multiplayer Kirby game on home console
Yoshi game on Switch
Fire Emblem Warriors
Splatoon 2
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Minions

I suppose you have really noticed a pattern. Yes. E3 2017 covered many of the same franchises as E3 2015, however, the quality of the games drastically matter to the conferences. E3 2015's were middling at best, egregiously terrible at its worst(with 2 exceptions, being X and Mario Maker). Almost every game at E3 2017 has the potential to be one of the best games of their series, or even one of the best games of their genre. This E3 had genuine excitements and innovations to their respective franchises, in a way where many games were completely stagnant. Nothing was really done to evolve the series in Paper Jam or Triforce Heroes, for example, and these games were largely forgotten a mere month after release. In E3 2015, if you weren't a fan of Mario or Xenoblade, you would be extremely dissapointed. E3 2017 had something for almost any kind of Nintendo fan, and had quality games that they could enjoy for a long time. SO I really don't see how you could put 2015 over 2017 by any stretch of the means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom