• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
what's the dealio

am i scum because of something i've done, process of elimination, or is my claim unbelievable?

PoE for me but...

So Raj have you been blocking kills? If so then we've probably found scum.

This brings up a decent point.

However, someone could have been healed/protected by Mercy.

So @LittleGumball , do you think we should attack Heroine instead?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I haven't been able to get my head around any of this, but I am interested in Tristans tin foil hat theory lol.

I'll post and attack soon.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well my somewhat crackpot theory is that Raj is scum, but hear me out.

Since we know that something isn't lining up with the night actions, as only two were made and it seems like someone was roleblocked. Viral said he did use a night action. Well, a good scum would say they did, since they wouldn't be lying and they can gain some trust. It's something I can see Raj doing. But don't stop there. Why does he keep asking if I can track night actions? Is he worried? I can't, and I already said that, but still, he is asking. Seems pretty desperate to know.

This is where one would say "but why would Widowmaker poison her scumbud?" Well, I have an answer to that too. Someone mentioned earlier that they can see Johnny telling his scumbud to poison him for some town cred. Can you not see Raj doing the exact same thing? I can. In fact, I find it more likely that Raj would do that than Johnny. I'm think Raj receiving the same shield I got (which allows you to only take half damage until you've taken 75) is very likely considering he took 8 damage from the poison while Johnny took 15, but that would just be luck on his part.

Actually, while I was writing this, I read back and realized that Viral himself was the one that mentioned the possibility of Johnny telling his scumbud to poison him. I have the post here:
People started putting me on their town lists once I started eating up the poison attacks. I wouldn't put it past a scum Johnny to take note and tell Storm to target him for a day or two to increase his "town-value" as everyone was suspicious of Storm by that point.
I didn't think much of it before, but looking back, I don't like this post. If Viral used this exact method himself, then it would make sense for him to blame Johnny. Only difference is, in Viral's case, it would be more of a gamble since, at that point, there was no way of knowing whether the poison was scum or third party. This post would make tons of sense if Viral is scum.

Obviously, this is mostly speculation based, and the evidence isn't really sound. I did say it was a crackpot theory. :P Regardless though, I wasn't really suspicious of Viral before, but I'm starting to lean that way.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
What is your claim? I think I missed it.
When you were asking me about my role and i talked about how I literally can't do anything except attack. I'm asking if you don't believe me.

Tristan, you might just be paranoid, or you could be on to something.

I'd love to attack Heroine but I'm just not certain of anything. I wish she'd talk about what she did last night.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Why does he keep asking if I can track night actions?

I think you've misunderstood my question. I was wondering if your ability to track night things discern between attacks and actions. If a townie protects someone, and another investigates and scum attacks, does that count as two night actions since two were actions and the third was an attack, or does it all get lumped together and count as 3 night actions. one is beneficial to the town and other is almost useless.

Besides if you really must know, the two nights where there were shots fired and no damage are because of me. It might seem like a powerful power but it's very vague in the sense that I don't who targeted who. It's just a general thing that happens. It doesn't give me any information and I can't infer or deduce from it.

Mido

Version 1
I apologize, guys. Today was busy, and I've been falling under the lazy bug lately.

Regarding my earlier hesitations about Johnny, it was due to the notion that I thought he was softclaiming a certain character at one point. His description of his powers here:

Johnny Sooshi said:
M8, you're still operating under the assumption I'm scum. I'm not. I performed only two night actions throughout this game, both of which were useful to a specific play, one who I trust. However, my overall ability is something I'm not keen on using during the day because, while it will give me a beneficial ability once resolved, it's not really useful to the town right now. So I can account for a night action on two of the nights prior where Tristan said he knew of 4 total.

So I'm back to where I was before. I'd like to see more from LG before I attack again.

Does not seem to match what I initially thought, especially due to the bolded portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom