• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

If the NX is what we think it is, this could be the last ever 3DS Nintendo Direct.

3) Dude, it's 100% CONFIRMED that the Nintendo Direct in September is ONLY going to focus on the 3DS and the 3DS GAMES! Which means NO NX reveal in September, October, or November! And like I said in #2, I doubt we'll see anything in VGA 2016 either!
Correct that this direct is 3DS only. But this says nothing directly about there being no NX news anytime in the next few months.
Miyamoto even said it would have been shown by now if it was just a copy paste of the PS4 or Xbrick with the PS4 logo.
This is true. Nintendo have said they don't want to announce too early and then have Sony or MS reverse engineer the concept and clone it's functionality so the NX is not unique at launch.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
According to Nintendo Japan's YouTube page, the Direct tomorrow will only be about 23 minutes long
It's worth noting, however, that the Western Hemisphere is getting lot of localized games that has been out in Japan for a long time.
The western hemnisphere is going to show off at least:
Dragon Quest 7 and 8
Yokai Watch 2
Shin Megami Tensei 4

I do think the western direct will be even just be a little bit longer.
I don't expect much with this direct though. However, I think we will get a single really nice surprise.

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/report-dev-kits-for-nintendos-nx-arent-region-locked

Site co-founder Laura Dale is back with another NX report today, and it includes some promising information about region-locking. According to two separate Let's Play Video Game sources, NX dev kits are not region-locked, and developers working on NX games have not been told that the final product will be region-locked. Emily Rogers corroborates this report, stating that she's heard the same thing from a separate source.

Dale's latest report also included a breakdown of the NX controller's physical layout, or at least the dev kit/prototype version of it.

"It's slightly thicker than the Nintendo 3DS XL when folded, so 25 mm, with a width of around 281 mm and a height of 92 mm with the controllers attached. Separated, the controllers have the same depth and height, and they both have a width of 38 mm, making the console itself have a width of 205 mm.

"One final thing I thought I should discuss is how the controllers connect. They're both held by the console via a hole in each side of the system where the controllers can connect to.

"To take it out, there's a button on the back of each controller that lowers the center spike that keeps it in place, making it eject from the system."

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
The only way for this direct to be in anyway satisfying for me is if they announce another Zelda remake on the 3DS like Four Swords Adventures anniversary edition, The Legend of Zelda anniversary edition, Minish Cap Anniversary Edition, A Link to the Past Anniversary Edition, Phantom Hourglass 3D, or Spirit Tracks 3D. I don't know, something Zelda related! Like anything Zelda related would be great and really help a lot!

If the NX is what we think it is, this could be the last ever 3DS Nintendo Direct.

God, I hope not! There isn't enough New 3DS exclusives! Like, the only exclusive that the New 3DS has is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. And that's a port of Wii game! We need at least one Zelda New 3DS exclusive! And one that's a new game and not a remake. Unless there were to be two New 3DS exclusive Zelda games, one being new, and the other being a remake.

Point is, the New 3DS needs to truly have it's turn to so sell! Otherwise, what was the point of Nintendo coming out with such thing in the first place if it's not even going to have it's own game library and never really put those ZL and ZR buttons to any use?

Correct that this direct is 3DS only. But this says nothing directly about there being no NX news anytime in the next few months.

Actually, based on the time gap between directs lately, it kinda does tell us that this means we won't find out anything new about the NX or Breath of the Wild until next year!

Lanky Kong

borf
i really hope that pokemon gets some news regarding sun and moon, i can't get enough of all their crazy reveals

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The only way for this direct to be in anyway satisfying for me is if they announce another Zelda remake on the 3DS like Four Swords Adventures anniversary edition, The Legend of Zelda anniversary edition, Minish Cap Anniversary Edition, A Link to the Past Anniversary Edition, Phantom Hourglass 3D, or Spirit Tracks 3D. I don't know, something Zelda related! Like anything Zelda related would be great and really help a lot!

God, I hope not! There isn't enough New 3DS exclusives! Like, the only exclusive that the New 3DS has is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. And that's a port of Wii game! We need at least one Zelda New 3DS exclusive! And one that's a new game and not a remake. Unless there were to be two New 3DS exclusive Zelda games, one being new, and the other being a remake.

Point is, the New 3DS needs to truly have it's turn to so sell! Otherwise, what was the point of Nintendo coming out with such thing in the first place if it's not even going to have it's own game library and never really put those ZL and ZR buttons to any use?

Actually, based on the time gap between directs lately, it kinda does tell us that this means we won't find out anything new about the NX or Breath of the Wild until next year!
Dude. The N3DS was never going to be its own console, it was just an upgrade of the console like the DSi was. It was never it's own console. It's just an upgrade, and the 3DS has already sold plenty.

NX will also still be revealed this fall, I guarantee that. You are just completely wrong. Just like you were wrong about NoA "delaying triforce heroes".

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Dude. The N3DS was never going to be its own console, it was just an upgrade of the console like the DSi was. It was never it's own console. It's just an upgrade, and the 3DS has already sold plenty.

NX will also still be revealed this fall, I guarantee that. You are just completely wrong. Just like you were wrong about NoA "delaying triforce heroes".

Then what was the point adding additional buttons then? What was the point making it more powerful? What was the point of making Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, which is a freaking port of a bad overrated Wii game an exclusive for this upgraded version of the 3DS but nothing else gets to be an exclusive. What was so special about Xenoblade Chronicles that it's 3DS port absolutely needed to be the ONLY N3DS exclusive? Why not make a Zelda game and/or remake that's an exclusive to the N3DS? What about a Mario game exclusively for N3DS? Starfox for N3DS? or DK for N3DS?

I know it's freaking upgraded version. But it's not like upgraded versions and upgrading accessories of Nintendo systems didn't have their own library of games before in the past! The expansion pak for the Nintendo 64 had it's own exclusives. Don't believe me? Look here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=expansion+pak&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=expansion+pak+n64+games

Games that require the Expansion Pak
  • Donkey Kong 64.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
  • Perfect Dark (otherwise most of game is inaccessible)

And then you have the Gameboy Color which was an upgrade of the original Gameboy. Don't believe me? Look at the big difference between Gameboy Color games and Gameboy Advance games. Also why do think can play both Gameboy and Gameboy Color games on Gameboy Advance as well as Gameboy Advance's own games but you could only play Gameboy Advance on DS for backwards compatibility? That's because Gameboy Color was never it's own gen system, but merely an expansion to the Gameboy's generation lifespan! Plus, the fact the Gameboy Advance actually features new buttons that the original Gameboy didn't have, unlike the Gameboy Color, which was too much of just an upgraded version of the original Gameboy to be it's own gen system. As the Gameboy Color's games are just like original Gameboy games except, in color. That was literally the only difference. And that system was slightly a bit more powerful. Kinda like the N3DS is compared to the 3DS. Right?

My point is that the N3DS IS supposed to be the Gameboy Color of the 3DS generation! Meaning, it WAS supposed to have it's OWN games! And Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is PROOF of that! So I ask again. Why should Xenoblade Chronicles 3D be the ONLY N3DS exclusive and NOTHING else? What makes Xenoblade Chronicles so special that it gets special treatment?

You see? The point I'm trying to make here is that it's NOT FAIR for other franchises and games to stay with the original 3DS library, NEVER getting a N3DS exclusive! It really seems like Nintendo is basically just wasting a GREAT opportunity to EXPAND the 3DS's lifespan, like they did with the Gameboy, when they came out with Gameboy Color!

Heck, even the DS-i had it's OWN games! Yes, the Zelda FS anniversary edition was a remastered port of the FS from GBA but it was playable on DS-i but not the the DS! So why can't Nintendo just do that for N3DS? Why does the 3DS/N3DS generation have to end on such a lame note with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D as the only N3DS exclusive? It would be one of the BIGGEST disappointments and let downs EVER! And it would be a very DUMB move for Nintendo from a business standpoint!

The original 3DS has already shown EVERYTHING is has to offer, but the generation of the 3DS itself STILL has potential to last longer THANKS to the N3DS! But of course Nintendo and people are being too dumb nowdays to SEE that!

This is EXACTLY why the NX can NOT be a handheld or a mostly hybrid done totally wrong! Cause if the NX is ANY of those two, Nintendo's sales will SINK! Especially the NX is targeted towards mostly casuals cause casuals these days ONLY care about the Wii and now Pokemon Go in the world of Nintendo gaming!

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I didn't expect any more Directs after the November 2015 Direct; colour me pleasantly surprised.

It's worth noting, however, that the Western Hemisphere is getting lot of localized games that has been out in Japan for a long time.
The western hemnisphere is going to show off at least:

Shin Megami Tensei 4

Shin Megami Tensei IV was already localized and has available in the west since 2013. You might be thinking about Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, the direct sequel to SMT IV, which comes out this September.

Four new Zelda Amiibo that work with BotW and Skyward Sword will be released on the eShop.
This year later on there will be an Animal Crossing Direct.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Overall, I gotta give this Direct a 7/10. Not the best, but it was still exciting at times.

I find it hilarious just how dead the Wii U, where the 3DS is now getting 2 ports of it's "exclusive games".
Ever Oasis still looks pretty cool.
Mario Maker for 3DS is a way better fit.
Sun and Moon still looks amazing.

The new mario sports game actually looks pretty good, I will definitely wait for review for this one.

I am actually not keen at all on Pikmin 3DS though..... Pikmin doesn't deserve to be yet another 2D platformer.........

Overall, yeah. The 3DS will still keep getting content up until the NX launch. And that's a pretty good thing, and that's what I got from the presentation. I loved the format for this direct though, it was very entertaining.

Now we just need to wait for some NX news

Mido

Version 1
Overall, I gotta give this Direct a 7/10. Not the best, but it was still exciting at times.

I find it hilarious just how dead the Wii U, where the 3DS is now getting 2 ports of it's "exclusive games".

Regarding the Wii U: :(

From the bits I caught, I agree with your perspective on the big picture rating. Not anything too awe-inspiring, but a decent selection of potential games await.

http://nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-themed-mini-direct-to-be-held-on-november-2/

animal-crossing-nintendo-direct-656x369.jpg

@Lozjam Note well, the NA 3DS direct had mroe content than our EU/Aus one. The NA Direct talked about Yokai Watch 2 and more of the Zelda art books. There is 2-3 more of them to be made.
If you are a Yokai Watch fan in the EU or Aus, you have two choices. Wait years and hope YW2 is released here or import a YW2 2DS bundle from NA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom