• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The EU direct was. At least the NA direct had Reggie trying to add humour into the presentation. You should be glad you did not have to watch the EU presentation to get local info. The EU presentation was dry as. All the information was there but a very boring direct. The NA one was so much better in comparision.

NA got Yokai Watch 2 news and the Zelda artbook news that EU did not. EU got a lot more Federation force news and info about that.

I always watch the European presentations when available to get the most relevant information for me, I don't care about humour in these. While it can make the Directs more appealing, it's mostly a waste of time.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So, at a European Splatoon tournament, the winners will be given the NX....

Nintendo is literally running promotions and giving away NX's before we even know what it is.

Well played Nintendo ;)

But really, even though it sucks for us, but not telling us much about the NX is giving it even more buzz in the gaming industry. The mystery of it all, for all of this time, really is effective marketing tool within itself.

I have a feeling that the next main Nintendo Direct will not be until February. I believe this will be when we learn the price of the Switch, its specs, and the launch games.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Is that just Monster Hunter Stories?

The Monster Hunter series have about 3 games out right now currently being updated. Monster Hunter Stories, Monster Hunter Generations, and Monster Hunter Online.

Undoubtedly, they'll be announcing Stories for the West. However, since this is a whole direct centered around Monster Hunter (and assuming they won't pull a Pokemon Sun and Moon direct), they may be announcing new DLC for Generations; or like the video said, may be announcing a G version of Generations, which includes the famous G Rank Monsters and Gear that MHG currently is missing. Idk about Monster Hunter Online, though. This is a Nintendo show and since Monster Hunter Online is PC only, I don't think they'll pull any news about that, unless they're porting it to the Switch. Thing is, they've already said this Direct won't have any Switch information. But who know? Maybe they're just lying.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm hoping it's an announcement about MH5. We already know they're working on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced Stories for the west, but I'm hoping more for an MH5 teaser than anything else. They don't need to talk about MHGen DLC because they always do their own videos for those and there's no way MHGen will get G rank because many of the high rank items and armors have G rank names and strengths. Not to mention that with the hyper monsters and deviant monsters having their own items, there's already a similar amount of content as MH4U even without G rank.

http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo-switch-presentation-2017-coming-13th-january-2017

UmAQ4gZ.jpg

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Unmmmmm.... So there's going to be a fire Emblem Direct next week. I guess the Switch news is never ending!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom