• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia 2: Originals vs Clones - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
Then his playstyle is scummy and he should change it :)

:vaultboy:

So Eduarda wanted to kill Doc yesterday, but obviously Doc survived while taking a hit off the Vig. To be honest I wasn't exactly sold on killing Doc (even though it seemed like he was just doing whatever Eduarda told him too), but maybe Eduarda's death might hint at who targeted her. Doc thought he was going to die anyway, so why not take out the person who was going to kill him? I keep putting myself in Mafia's shoes and I just wouldn't have targeted Eduarda last night. I mean targeting Eduarda is basically suicide, especially when you know the Vig is going to kill you. So unless scum knew Eduarda couldn't retaliate when dead or had a bulletproof role (like I'm guessing), then killing Eduarda is essentially a martyrdom of sorts.

So basically, is it a possibility that Doc is the GF and targeted Eduarda because he knew he was going to die anyway? Not saying it's true, but if scum didn't know they could get away without taking a hit then I think it's a possibility.

Interesting thought, and I wouldn't put it behind the Mafia to act in such a way. The only thing I can discern at face value under the notion that Doc is the Godfather is that his health total is very high at 106% damage, potentially implying that his health capacity is large. This could potentially fit the bill for a high-prestige role such as the Godfather. Ultimately, we need to still take into account that he utilized items during the night which affected the current day. (Not that this notion is alignment-indicative, however.)

Mido

Version 1
So Mido, do you think that Doc should have used his items the way that he did?

I think he made a decent choice in Chosen Frozen based on his reasons, if not a very safe choice in that regard. I still have yet to search far and wide through this thread, so my look into the frozen fellow is much underdeveloped, which hinders my view on whether Doc made the right choice.

Pen

The game is on!
Eduarda died. Honestly, I'm not surprised. Apparently she took two hits, but was killed by a "very big one". Unless our Vig is stupid, this was Mafia. Obviously this person was intimidated by Eduarda's playstyle and thought it would be better if she was dead.

I agree. And I think it would make a lot of sense for the Mafia to target Eduarda considering how helpful she had been.

For the Eduarda thing, Jamie explained it. She died before she could retaliate, so the person didn't take damage. Makes sense to me.

So still assuming it was the Mafia who targeted Eduarda, it makes sense to further assume it was the Godfather who did this last night because Godfathers are known to often be Bulletproof (undamageable at night). A pretty clever move on the Mafia's part, however, I thought of something that could be very helpful to us. Since I think it makes a lot of sense that this Bulletproof Godfather killed Eduarda last night, maybe we should turn our focus to the players who have still not taken any damage at night. Anyone who has taken damage at night so far could not be Bulletproof, right? That would not make much sense. So that would mean the Godfather is amongst those players who have yet to take any damage at night. Maybe there is something I am missing here, but I think this is at least worth discussing further.

Speaking of toxic, btw, I still wanna take another look at him. People seemed to have let him go when all the **** with Johnny and Sadia happened yesterday, but if anything, Johnny's flip makes me more convinced he is scum because of his hesitation to attack Johnny.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doc was scum at this point tbh. I'd be down to ko him today if it comes to it. His immediate attack on Johnny after Eduarda's raised red flags to begin with, but that's tenfold now that we know Johnny was scum.

I agree with you on Toxic. He has been one of my suspects for a while now. Not a huge suspect, but a suspect nonetheless, and he has caused me to be very weary of him. As for Doc though, I do not imagine him being with the Mafia right now. Just his whole items confession earlier today actually made me feel a lot like he is a genuine Townie (thought I guess a Mafioso could have received items too... idk man).

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I will repeat, I don't think it was a BP person. I think it's just a chink in her role-armor. She doesn't hurt the person who deals the killing blow. You can't attack a person if you're already dead. Why are people so sure that it's a BP attack?

Pen

The game is on!
Maybe I am. I would like to hear what other people think of that possibility though. Anyway, DN's theory makes a lot of sense I think. Maybe Eduarda would only strike back at someone who targets her without killing her. Also, how many Mafiosi do you all think there are left? The Godfather at least. That could be all. There could also be one more Mafia member, but definitely not more than that.

So taking in everything we know, there's most likely a SK and a Mafia member left. Do you think there is only one more Mafia?

Like I said before, I'm not sold on Doc. I could definitely be wrong, but to me his reactions and posts have not lead me to believe he is scum.

@Toxic_Snowman How do you feel about Doc?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Toxic_Snowman How do you feel about Doc?
To expand upon this, @Toxic_Snowman, how do you feel about everything that's going on? Do you have anything to say about the madness from Wednesday that you said you missed? I'm sure you're caught up now, Jamie's astounding procrastination in writing scenes should've given you sufficient time to catch up. What do you think about Doc and his items? What do you think about the night? Do you have anything to say at this moment?

Also @Heroine of Time you still exist right? What do you think of the current goings-on of the game?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I will repeat, I don't think it was a BP person. I think it's just a chink in her role-armor. She doesn't hurt the person who deals the killing blow. You can't attack a person if you're already dead. Why are people so sure that it's a BP attack?
I'm more inclined to believe this is the case as well. Eduarda's like of your post further encourages that to be true (you're dead Eduarda, ghosts don't like posts :P). I find it more likely than BP anyway since a BP that is totally immune to all forms of night damage would be OP, plus it would become painfully obvious who the BP member is.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok then, why would Mafia risk killing themselves? Targeting Eduarda is suicide. How would they know there's a chink in her role-armour? I mean hopefully they haven't been told that, I doubt it anyway. If Mafia didn't know, then targeting Eduarda is losing the game automatically. That's why I hypothesised that Doc possibly tried to go out and take Eduarda down with him.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
But if not, logically it makes no sense to target Eduarda with no confirmation that Mafia would survive the attack.

... Wait so if the damage was 50-70, maybe he/she took the risk to take damage because they themselves were on no damage. Still then it would become known in the night scene that they took that amount of damage and that's just obvious as shown from the night before were we used that information to out Johnny and Sadia.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ok then, why would Mafia risk killing themselves? Targeting Eduarda is suicide. How would they know there's a chink in her role-armour? I mean hopefully they haven't been told that, I doubt it anyway. If Mafia didn't know, then targeting Eduarda is losing the game automatically. That's why I hypothesised that Doc possibly tried to go out and take Eduarda down with him.

But if not, logically it makes no sense to target Eduarda with no confirmation that Mafia would survive the attack.

... Wait so if the damage was 50-70, maybe he/she took the risk to take damage because they themselves were on no damage. Still then it would become known in the night scene that they took that amount of damage and that's just obvious as shown from the night before were we used that information to out Johnny and Sadia.
It could be one of two other things I say:
1) They claim they had an item and didn't trust having an anti-town/non-town leading the charge.
2) There was legitimately a person with an item who didn't trust having a third party person around.
Of course, your Doc theory also holds water. I say he's worth looking back at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom