• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Siblings

How many siblings?

Votes: 3 7.1%

Votes: 14 33.3%

Votes: 8 19.0%

Votes: 4 9.5%

Votes: 5 11.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9+

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Have you got any siblings? How many do you have and is your relationship with them a good one? If it is, has this always been the case? I know some siblings who never used to get on when they were younger but their relationships improved in later life. On the other side I know siblings who were good friends growing up but no longer talk.

If you don't have siblings are you a person who wishes you did or do you enjoy being an only child?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have three older sisters. They all moved out straight out of high school, my oldest when I was just 7, so I didn't have time to develop hostility and resentment with them. Because of this, I am quite close to all three of them. I don't get to see them very often, since they all live in a different city (and one on the other side of the country), but when I do, we get along great and it's always a good time.

I fought a lot with my youngest sister growing up, but I think that tends to be a sign that you're going to have a good relationship. As we grew up and matured, we grew quite close and sometimes went for walks together down to timmies and stuff. She has adorable baby twins now, and I couldn't be happier for her!

Reactions: Dio

Misty

Ronin
Have you got any siblings?

Yes.
How many do you have
Two brothers. One older, one younger.

is your relationship with them a good one?
My relationship with the older brother has recently become a bit strained, but before the last year or so we were best friends and shared so much in common that many of our friends were convinced we were twins with a raging height difference.

My relationship with the younger brother is excellent. We hang out a lot together despite the 11 year age difference. It's a different relationship than the one with the older brother for sure, but at least so far I'm his favourite person. (Sometimes this gets to be a bit much because he constantly wants attention, but all in all lovely.)

If it is, has this always been the case?

No in both cases.

My older brother and I didn't get on from like ages 5-10 as he'd decided pretty early on he hated me. But my father convinced me to keep at him and around the ages of 13 and 12 he softened up and we became chummy.

My younger brother is much younger obviously, he was born when I was 11. My parents were both working at the time and moving into a new house, so they made my older brother and I watch him...not a great plan as we didn't really understand raising a kid and got the point where we hated his child-like qualities and the pressure of watching him every single day all by ourselves. Things eventually got better in that department around the time he turned 4ish and started making more sense in a semi-rational world. Still, it was pretty difficult to properly be mates with him because a 15 year old and a 4 year old have zero interests in common. But he's finally at the point of personhood so it's much easier to be chummies.

Feverish

Source of stink
I have 6 siblings and I'm the oldest of all of them. I have a sister who's a year younger than me and she's 15, a 13 year old brother, a 12 year old brother, and then I have a 4 year old brother, a 3 year old sister, and a 2 year old sister. I have a good relationship with the older 3 and they all seem to respect me in some way, I got my 12 year old brother to start trying to get better at art. My 4 year old brother is pretty annoying but, well, he's 4. Then my youngest 2 sisters are demons that scream all day at the top of their lungs. They let me know that I can be sure in my decision to not have kids. I'm sure the younger 3 will all be aight when they get older though. I plan on maintaining a good relationship with all of them throughout my life, since I'm gonna be an uncle for a lot of other people.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have one younger sister. We used to fight a lot as children. She once flushed my Nintendo 64 games and legos in the toilet, so I rubbed her toothbrush in soap. We used to do things like that often. There are too many stories to share of the sort of things we got up to.

I get on with her well now. When I see her anyway. She is away for university most of the time and she sleeps late most days she is home because of her going out on the piss with her friends all the time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
5 siblings
good relation all around
We're just us really. We do whatever we do.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
That's a complicated question. I was adopted by my aunt and uncle. So it's all a mess. I grew up with four sisters. But I also have a half brother and a half sister on my biological mom's side and at least three others that I know nothing about, not even names and genders, on my biological dad's side. So at least nine that I know of. But since I don't know about those ones, Just six you could say. But I have no contact with that last sister anymore. Haven't spoken to her in four years.

Have you got any siblings?
No.
How many do you have and is your relationship with them a good one?
None.
If you don't have siblings are you a person who wishes you did or do you enjoy being an only child?
Neither. I am just happy with what is. I made the best of my situation. As an adult however I'm good about it all. I'm happy to live on my own and have the life I can have. I don't have siblings to compare myself towards and that not a blessing or a curse, just something I've come to accept. I have however never wished to have siblings. I did enjoy being an only child.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I have five siblings, all (much) older. I have three brothers and two sisters. My eldest brother is 21 years older than me, my sister, the next youngest to me, is 10 years older than me.

My relationships with them vary though I do find the age gap is not the reason for this despite what people think, except in the case of my sister (the one who is 10 years older). We were close when I was little but she was a difficult teenager and without going into it, her antics really affected my childhood and pretty much impacted every aspect of my life and continue to do so all these years later. She had kids young, she did OK with that, but when I got older I think she started to feel jealous that I got to be young whereas she chose to be a mum. We have over the years thus become very volatile towards each other and I will admit I antagonised it as much as she did. We're also just very different people. We had a fight last year and only recently just started talking again. But as much as were different were very similar in that we're both very stubborn and headstrong- a toxic combo lol! But I have three beautiful nieces and a lovely nephew from her who I love and I love her because she is still my sister.

I get on mostly well with my other sister, not much to say there, though we're not close. I have most in common with my eldest brother funnily enough despite our age difference, but we haven't always gotten along. I get on best with the youngest of my brothers. The middle brother is a long story I won't get into but he is kind of estranged from our whole family. I do miss him though.

Despite the complications of having a big family, I'm glad I have all my siblings. I probably wouldn't change anything.

Edit: I also technically have two step sisters and a step brother but I barely know them, we didn't grow up together and we're all adults

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have two brothers ansd two sisters. I can get along very well with sister number two Cecilia. We always have been a tight knit but since her transition from male to female we have become closer. My oldest sister is more the arrogant one till she finally learned money doesn't buy you happiness.

A few weeks ago I was asked by coworkers if I had a sister living in the same town I live. They saw a woman who looked exactly like me. Only a bit older. But everything was me. I know my dad cheated on my mother a lot of times in the past so I don't have any clue if I got a relative out of his many affairs.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I myself have one brother and one sister, both younger. I tend to be the mediator between the two, but thankfully they've managed to not kill each other now that I live two hours away.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
2 siblings. An older sister by 3 years and a younger brother by 6.
They're both cool, but my younger brother is a bit of a ****head. We generally stay out of each other's way 4 times out of 5. Healthy separation is necessary as we are all wildly different in temperament, personality and pretty much everything else.

I have an older brother and a younger brother.
(Technically I have a stepbrother and 2 stepsisters too, but I don't know them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom