• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should Nintendo make an annoucement soon?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's been 13 months since we've gotten any real news about Zelda Wii U. There are rumors floating around now of a commercial made by Nintendo, though there are also rumors it's fake. Still, a commercial isn't exactly what we're looking foward to, and I think we're starting to reach a point were anticipation for something, anything, is driving us insane.

Is it time for something about Zelda Wii U to be publically announced? Should Nintendo still hold off like it's been doing? Share your thoughts.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Should they make an announcement soon? They should have made it already. I want an update on TPHD and if they've improved the look or not and also of course on Zelda U, hopefully a bit of story info.

I have no doubt that we'll hear something about Zelda either this month or in February, especially with the anniversary date falling on February 21st. At the very least we'll get some more on Twilight Princess HD before March, and Nintendo will probably take the opportunity to show off a bit of Zelda U as well. I'm not expecting anything like a title reveal until E3 on Zelda U, or at the very least until after Hyrule Warriors Legends and Twilight Princess HD are out.

It's a bit sad we haven't heard that much about TP:HD. That game is supposed to be released in 2 months and all we have seen is some upscaled cutscenes and an amiibo.
For Zelda Wii U, I'm expecting nothing before the twilight princess release, because they have both this remake and hyrule warriors to focus on. After that, I'm expecting a real announcement somewhere in may. Either in a direct or later on the E3. Full stream of details somewhere in Semptember and game release on November the 17th/24th.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I think it's time for me to admit defeat and say that this game is not coming on Wii U. I was adamant that this game was still coming for Wii U, but now I think it's becoming clear that this game will probably not be released for Nintendo's current console.

The fact that they're making Twilight Princess: HD is the final piece of evidence.

From what I've seen on the interwebs, around June is when when they'll officially reveal/announce the NX, and the rumor is that NX comes out end of this year. And since we've gotten no information about Zelda U, I think that it's a safe bet that it is now Zelda NX.

I think we're really looking at the first time ever that a Nintendo console does not have a The Legend of Zelda release.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think it's time for me to admit defeat and say that this game is not coming on Wii U. I was adamant that this game was still coming for Wii U, but now I think it's becoming clear that this game will probably not be released for Nintendo's current console.

The fact that they're making Twilight Princess: HD is the final piece of evidence.

From what I've seen on the interwebs, around June is when when they'll officially reveal/announce the NX, and the rumor is that NX comes out end of this year. And since we've gotten no information about Zelda U, I think that it's a safe bet that it is now Zelda NX.

I think we're really looking at the first time ever that a Nintendo console does not have a The Legend of Zelda release.
Dude, this game is coming to Wii U. That at the very least is going to happen. They confirmed it in the last Nintendo direct. Now, that doesn't mean that they can't release Zelda on NX too. But we know that the Wii U is at least getting the title.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Dude, this game is coming to Wii U. That at the very least is going to happen. They confirmed it in the last Nintendo direct. Now, that doesn't mean that they can't release Zelda on NX too. But we know that the Wii U is at least getting the title.

The confirm a lot of things that get changed in the future. They confirmed Zelda U for last year, and now we don't know when it's coming. The only thing we know is that they promised us a full Zelda game, they gave us a release timeframe, they delayed the game, and then they announce an HD remake of an old game instead.

I'm just looking at the evidence, not at what they say. I think there's a solid chance this game does not see the Wii U.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The confirm a lot of things that get changed in the future. They confirmed Zelda U for last year, and now we don't know when it's coming. The only thing we know is that they promised us a full Zelda game, they gave us a release timeframe, they delayed the game, and then they announce an HD remake of an old game instead.

I'm just looking at the evidence, not at what they say. I think there's a solid chance this game does not see the Wii U.
They directly said so in their Nintendo direct however. There is no way they would announce a game heading for Wii U less than a year from release, and then not have it come to Wii U. There is absolutely no way. Nintendo has never done this in the past. So there really is no evidence to support an NX exclusive release

D

Deleted member 14134

They directly said so in their Nintendo direct however. There is no way they would announce a game heading for Wii U less than a year from release, and then not have it come to Wii U. There is absolutely no way. Nintendo has never done this in the past. So there really is no evidence to support an NX exclusive release

While I certainly hope it comes out for the Wuu it would almost be foolish not to make it a NX exclusive as it could be a potential system seller if they have it as part of he NX lineup.

Yes it would be cruel but Nntendo might have to pull a few moves like this in order to keep their head above water. They can't afford the NX to bomb like the Wii U did. They probably regret announcing it so early as they realize it would be smarter to release it on the NX only.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
While I certainly hope it comes out for the Wuu it would almost be foolish not to make it a NX exclusive as it could be a potential system seller if they have it as part of he NX lineup.

Yes it would be cruel but Nntendo might have to pull a few moves like this in order to keep their head above water. They can't afford the NX to bomb like the Wii U did. They probably regret announcing it so early as they realize it would be smarter to release it on the NX only.
I mean, The Wii U user base is so small it doesn't even matter if they don't have a Zelda game exclusive for NX. Because most Nintendo fans don't have a Wii U. Also that didn't stop TP raking in fans within their most successful console. Zelda U would be counted more or less as an NX title, much like TP with Wii, but it didn't screw fans who were expecting a new Zelda game on the GameCube.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I mean, The Wii U user base is so small it doesn't even matter if they don't have a Zelda game exclusive for NX. Because most Nintendo fans don't have a Wii U. Also that didn't stop TP raking in fans within their most successful console. Zelda U would be counted more or less as an NX title, much like TP with Wii, but it didn't screw fans who were expecting a new Zelda game on the GameCube.

That's true. But the difference is I think that TP ended up having tacked-on motion controls. In other words, they wanted to put TP on the Wii to show off the new control scheme. We don't know how the NX is going to control at all. We can't be sure that Zelda U is not going to be sacrificed in order to show off the new NX control scheme or whatever else they have.

I agree with Bok Choy; I think the Wii U userbase may be too small for Nintendo to care. I think the NX is a platform that Nintendo simply cannot allow to fail, and so they will probably delay the game further to make sure it is something that can be released on the NX.

I mean, I say all this, and yet we still know nothing about the NX at all, so who knows what is going to happen. All I'm saying is, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is what happens.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I agree with Bok Choy; I think the Wii U userbase may be too small for Nintendo to care. I think the NX is a platform that Nintendo simply cannot allow to fail, and so they will probably delay the game further to make sure it is something that can be released on the NX.
Really? You think Zelda Wii U will be delayed again for the NX?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Really? You think Zelda Wii U will be delayed again for the NX?

This is what I think:

I think there is a strong possibility that the game is going to be on the NX and not the Wii U. That's pretty noncommittal of me, I'm aware. "Strong possibility" means nothing, really. But what I mean to say is this:

(1) The game has already been delayed for an indefinite period of time; (2) We know the Wii U is doing its last lap. This could be the final year of the Wii U or we could be seeing the NX released early next year, but whatever the case, the Wii U's death warrant has been signed; (3) We know that the NX is going to be revealed/officially announced this year; (4) We know the Wii U has been a commercial failure in terms of market penetration; (5) We have a strong reason to believe that Nintendo is banking heavily on the success of the NX. Nintendo has a lot of money in the bank, but we can be sure that another commercial failure is something Nintendo simply can't afford.

Based on those facts and those assumptions, I think that it should not surprise anyone if Nintendo makes the announcement that the next The Legend of Zelda core game will bypass the floundering Wii U in lieu of the NX, and that the delay was a strategic move to make a game that can show off the NX.

This is assuming the NX is, at least in part, a home console—of which we still aren't 100% sure. A lot of this hypothesis rests on what the NX really is. Is it a hybrid? Is it a home console? We don't know with 100% certainty.

What I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom