Twilit Fossil Stallord, more simply known as Stallord, is the final boss of the fourth dungeon of Twilight Princess, the Arbiter's Grounds. Upon entering the boss chamber, Link can see a fossilized Stallord laying lifeless in the sand. Zant appears and tells Link it is almost a miracle he is still alive, and abruptly informs him that he will not be alive for much longer. He summons a black sword, and drives the weapon into Stallord's skull. The newly resurrected Stallord gets up and roars loudly at Link. The boss battle then initiates its first phase.
This boss battle requires the Spinner in order to inflict damage. Link must go towards Stallord's spine with his Spinner and jump into it. Also, Staltroops will appear; they are simply automatons, no aggressive tendencies. Avoid them or it will sold down the Spinner and sink. Once he hits this skeletal boss three times, he will collapse. All the sand in the area will subdue, leaving Link to think Stallord has perished, but only half the battle is truly over. In the second phase, Giant Stallord Floating Fireball Skull, Link must jump from wall to wall utilizing the Spinner Rails to his advantage, that is until he gets close enough to Stallord who is in front of Link shooting fireballs towards him. He must jump into Stallord with the Spinner, which knocks him downward. He can then hit him repeatedly with his sword. The battles goes for a very long time because to the pinpoint jumps needed to avoid the fall. Doing this three times will defeat this boss for good. A Heart Container will flutter from his remains, allowing the Hero to collect it and venture forth to the Mirror Chamber to see the Mirror of Twilight.
- ↑ "Twilit Fossil STALLORD" — In-Game Description, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Yikes! I guess that wasn't the end of it! Staying down here is just going to make it easier for him to do away with you, [Link]!" — Midna, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "If things look dangerous, jump across to the rail on the opposite wall!" — Midna, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Keep doing that until he gets close, then do it again to ram into him!" — Midna, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "When he comes in to attack, that's when we need to counter with our own attack!" — Midna, Twilight Princess.