• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zora's and the Winged People from Wind Waker

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I've heard some pretty crazy theories out there, but this once espeacially weird...
ive heard a few people say that they think that the winged people from wind waker evolved from zoras???? this seems weird to me, but they have good explanations. they think that the zoras fins stetched out and eventually turned into wings, and that the pearl you get from jabun in wind waker has a similar symbol to the zoras symbol, which it does, but i dont see how that has any signifigance, considering the winged people are supposed to represent fire in wind waker, and jabun represents water... another thing that ive noticed though, is that the symbol on the front of medlis shirt thing is axactly the same the symbole for the zoras...just a different color........im still not convinced, but tell me what you think!!
I personaly think that if the zoras did evolve, then they would evolve into even better zoras, because, well, the world FLOODED...ya know...WATER thats what zoras LIVE IN....haha
XskywardX

heres a picture....
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Hyrule Historia confirmed it (though there was already overwhelming evidence including one or two developer quotes).
In the Era of the Mighty Ocean, some races the appearance of some races suffered a big change in comparison to the Era of Chaos. The Kokiri turned into the Korok, a race that looks like plants and helps the spirit of the Great Deku Tree to plant trees around the world. The Zora became the so-called Rito, a race that has beaks like birds and grows wings with the scale the spirit Valoo gives them.
Incidentally, the appearance of the Goron race did not change, but they no longer live in a village and wander around the world.
source

they think that the zoras fins stetched out and eventually turned into wings,
It's explained in-game (and in the Historia quote above) that the Rito get their wings from Valoo's scales. It's a big plot point with Komali, so it baffles me why people tend to overlook it.

another thing that ive noticed though, is that the symbol on the front of medlis shirt thing is axactly the same the symbole for the zoras...just a different color.
That and the fact that her blood ancestor (Laruto) is a Zora.

I personaly think that if the zoras did evolve, then they would evolve into even better zoras, because, well, the world FLOODED...ya know...WATER thats what zoras LIVE IN....haha
17Hoq

They couldn't be allowed to have dominance over the water, or the goddesses' seal on the old kingdom would have been exposed. They had to abandon their aquatic traits and settle on mountain peaks (specifically Death Mountain). There's also the saltwater argument.

Last edited:

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
you make an excelent point Loke........i have never read anything from Hyrule Hystoria....though, i really wanna get it! haha...and i didnt realize that Laruto(if im remembering right, is the spirit you talk to in the earth earth temple) was Medlis ancestor

and forgot what thr rito's were called....lol, pffft, "winged people ....how silly

They couldn't be allowed to have dominance over the water, or the goddesses' seal on the old kingdom would have been exposed. They had to abandon their aquatic traits and settle on mountain peaks (specifically Death Mountain). There's also the saltwater argument.

Well, what about the Fishmen?

I agree with Locke. You see... the rules of reality somewhat apply in fantasy; in this particular case, the theories concerning of macroevolution. Building of what Locke said, it all racks up to divine intervention. In other words, the god[desses] (Valoo) lent a helping hand in the evolution of the Zora...

Last edited by a moderator:

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I don't think that the salt water argument makes much scene the Zoras in MM lived in the sea and even if the zoras in turmina are not the same species as the ones in Hyrule some animals like salmon, salt water crocodiles and bull sharks can live in both fresh and salt water maybe the zoras in hyrule are like that.

Last edited:

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
i havent read anything from hyrule historia....so i may be wrong... but Locke, you have no clue how long the world has been flooded, and you dont even know if its saltwater....and like what PalaeoJoe said, the zoras from MM lived in the sea, which is most definately, saltwater

I don't think that the salt water argument makes much scene the Zoras in MM lived in the sea and even if the zoras in turmina are not the same species as the ones in Hyrule some animals like salmon and bull sharks can live in both fresh and salt water maybe the zoras in hyrule are like that.

Hyrule Zoras are different than Termina Zoras. And just because some fish live in both salt and fresh water, it doesn't mean Zoras do too. :P

i havent read anything from hyrule historia....so i may be wrong... but Locke, you have no clue how long the world has been flooded, and you dont even know if its saltwater....and like what PalaeoJoe said, the zoras from MM lived in the sea, which is most definately, saltwater

I'm pretty sure Nintendo explained about the Great Flood, in person and in Hyrule Historia. And it's definelty salt water.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I think that the best explanation for the Zoras evolving into the Rito is the idea that the god(s)[desses] intervened spreading up there evolution and directing it so that they would evolve into bird people. Taking away the chance that they would know any thing about Hyrule (like what Wolf Sage said). I just don't think that salt water necessarily has a part to play in this.

Maybe the Zoras got tired of swimming I guess. Maybe they felt a responsibility to deliver the mail across the new kingdom. Maybe fish scales are itchy. Idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom