• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zora Paradox

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
In Majoras Mask you get the Zora mask out of Mikau, who died within the three days....
But what about when you travel back in time with the Zora mask (that is Mikau's soul)
How it is possible that he is not dead but you have his soul?

Funny thing that this only works with the Zora Mask, because Darmani and the Deku Butler's Son died before you time traveled.

Any ideas? Is this just another paradox like the Song of Storms? Is Mikau really dead?

How is that his grave is already there when he hasnt die yet, asuming he dies after the beggining of the first day.

initialDable

going deku
Well first of all, I have a theory that you don't have Mikau's soul in the mask. If you did, how would he appear to Link after he gains the zora mask? It is that the mask has Mikau's merits and powers. Mikau's soul is free. This is my theory anyway.
Secondly as far as him being dead, it could be one of those strange time shift things. The same could go for the reason why after killing the boss and claiming the remains, the four giants are only freed the first time. It may just be a paradox.

Interesting question

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The Song of Time resets time, but not fully, since Link retains certain key items when he travels back, including all his masks. Whatever magic powers the Song of Time in Majora's Mask clearly does not affect the magic already performed on the transformation masks, as every time you reset time the souls are already in the masks rather than still with the ghosts. Darmani's spirit doesn't linger in Snowhead anymore after you get his mask even after you reset time for example.

With Mikau, we know that he died from wounds suffered trying to break into the Pirate's Hideout. We just don't know what time he suffered those wounds or how long he was floating half dead before Link found him. It's likely he's been out there since the previous night, as who in their right mind tries to break into a hideout during broad daylight. Given that, he was already half dead by the dawn of the first day. Before getting the mask, Mikau still stays half alive until Link finds him. He doesn't officially "die" until Link transfers his soul into the mask. After getting the mask, perhaps with each reset of the clock, Mikau simply "dies" at the dawn of the first day, resolving any conflict of soul locations. That's just my theory anyways.

Time travel always has these little oddities about it, I'm sure the magic of the Song of Time somehow makes it all work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom