• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zora Evolution

D

Demon Link

If you've ever played Wind Waker you've seen the Rito tribe, a group of bird-like people who live on a mountain. I personally think that Zora evolved in the Rito after the Great Flood. You might have questions like "Why would Zora need to evolve when there is a FREAKING OCEAN!!!!" I will comment later my theory. If you want to comment or disclaim mine, please do.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Aonuma said:
We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in "Ocarina of Time" and the Koroks as what the Kokiri became once they left the forest. They appear different, but they have inherited their blood.

This is a proven fact. There's also plenty of in-game evidence to confirm that Aonuma isn't mistaken. I'm not sure how this discussion can continue until you post your theory.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I know that it was not offiacialy created by Nintendo (though it had the seal of approval), but in the OoT manga there is a flock of Rito flying South. This would disprove the fact, unless for some reason OoT and WW happened simultaneously, far away from one another.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
^ Aonuma addresses that as well. The concept of the Rito was borrowed from the Watatara (is that translated Rito in the English version of the Manga?) Clan in the OoT Manga.

Eiji Aonuma: In Ocarina of Time, as in most Zelda, we have created a large number of tribes, like the Goron who live in the mountains or the Zoras, people from the water. For the episode “The Wind Waker”, when we chose to situate the action in the middle of the ocean, we immediately felt the need to create a race that can move through the air. During long trips offshore, we needed faster characters capable of transmitting information to Link. It was at that moment that I remembered Watatara clan, you had invented for the adaptation of “Ocarina of Time.” In short, I digress a bit about the initials but we are inspired by your work to give birth to Rito Race, creatures that are half-man half-bird that can move very quickly with their wings.

Honda: In fact, we invented this passage to the needs of the manga. But these characters did never appear elsewhere in the world of Zelda. I think we would have been impossible to imagine all this without the great wealth of the series. When we made the decision to add this passage, we wanted to offer a new breed for the players. However, the only characteristic that we had was to fly.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
In addition to the quotes Locke put up, there's also this one:
Eiji Aonuma: We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in "Ocarina of Time" and the Koroks as what the Kokiri became once they left the forest. They appear different, but they have inherited their blood.
Which is found, in Japanese, in the Zelda Box booklet on the page about Laruto and Fado.

Pen

The game is on!
The Zoras of OoT lived in lakes and rivers, those are fresh water. After the Great Flood all of the water became ocean, which is salt. So, obviously the Zoras in Hyrule are fresh water creatures.

:zora:

my theory is that since jabu jabu was dead or at least gone in the adult timeline, the zora needed a new deity and found valoo, and and after time they became more bird-like to fit their new mountain habitat

D

Demon Link

my theory is that since jabu jabu was dead or at least gone in the adult timeline, the zora needed a new deity and found valoo, and and after time they became more bird-like to fit their new mountain habitat
But has it ever occurred to you that Valoo sounds like Valvagia, and Volvagia was the Dragon in Death Mountain in OoT.

But has it ever occurred to you that Valoo sounds like Valvagia, and Volvagia was the Dragon in Death Mountain in OoT.

yeah, but there are more differnces than similarities between the two, also, volvagia is just as dead as jabu jabu in the end of oot Adult timeline

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom