• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda's Sleeping Body Kept Secret and Moved to North Castle?

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Note: I think the Sleeping Zelda was before OoT. SS might talk about the sleeping Zelda. If they do they might be using the same Zeldas.

How did Zelda get to North Castle if it's not in the Land of Hyrule. East Hyrule from Adventure of Link is brought later in the timeline,but why? Is East Hyrule part of the world of Hyrule and not the land? East Hyrule being part of the world of Hyrule makes a lot of sense because the land of Hyrule is so small as you may know in Adventure of Link. If that is the reason then did Hyrule Castle move up from LoH and into North Castle? But why don't we know about Zelda's Body? Was it kept Classified? Why did they move the Body and where was it originaly kept? Did they move the body because something was happening to LoH? I wonder. Please Discuss!

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The body was placed in a castle to the north, it wasn't mentioned in OoT because it wasn't important to the story at hand, knowledge of it was lost in the flood, Din saved it from the flood by creating a mountain under it (same way she saved the GDT), then somehow the legend was revived (passed down through a select line of sheikah or something? or the triforce somehow made the old legends known after it erased old Hyrule because it wanted to preserve the goddess's creation?...idk), then GDT's success, etc.
That's just my theory, with about a billion holes, and almost everyone will disagree with it. Just has way too many assumptions...shoudn't even be called a theory really.

The King of Hyrule left the Triforce of Courage in the Great Palace shortly before Zelda's curse. It still lies here in AoL, still surrounded by the six other Palaces and their guardians. So Zelda has only been sleeping since a few generations before LoZ/AoL. Any other Zelda that was born before then was coincidental. I believe the AoL instruction manual refers to the sleeping Zelda as The original Zelda, but this is refering to the first one in the tradition.

As to why Tetra is awakened as 'Princess Zelda' and not 'The Princess of Hyrule,' I don't have a great explanation, since I believe AoL is on the child timeline. Maybe a similar tradition of naming the Princesses 'Zelda' was also started on the Adult Timeline between OoT and the flood??

Last edited:

Jetter

Yes I never thought about the flood,but there's one reason I never talked about the flood. The flood only takes place on the AT. AoL is on the CT.

Jetter

Yes,but in my timeline it is. Yeah I usually don't involve my timeline with my theories. But now that I have one I try to use it.

As ZestanorLink said, TAoL's backstory can't take place before OoT because the King of Hyrule at the time hid the Triforce of Courage in the Great Palace, but OoT is supposed to be the first time the Triforce is touched. How would the King of Hyrule have gotten the Triforce of Courage out of the Sacred Realm when it wasn't supposed to have been disturbed at the time, and why was it split when it was supposed to be whole? Also, assuming that TAoL's backstory did somehow happen before OoT, you'd also have to assume that the Triforce of Courage has been in the Great Palace ever since, which is contradicted by many games in between. It just can't happen before OoT. Not to mention that no matter what timeline you place TLoZ/TAoL on, it's most likely a very, very long time from OoT. It's very doubtful that the legend of the sleeping Zelda would be remembered in such detail after all that time, and that she was never disturbed or saved before then. I think it's safe to assume that, at the time, the developers' intention was for TAoL's backstory to explain why future games would have princesses named Zelda (so the series could go on being called "The Legend of Zelda"), even though they're all different princesses. But the contradicted this intend immediately with the next Zelda game, ALttP, so I think we can assume that either the developers just don't care about TAoL's backstory, or that it was retconned.

As ZestanorLink said, TAoL's backstory can't take place before OoT because the King of Hyrule at the time hid the Triforce of Courage in the Great Palace, but OoT is supposed to be the first time the Triforce is touched. How would the King of Hyrule have gotten the Triforce of Courage out of the Sacred Realm when it wasn't supposed to have been disturbed at the time, and why was it split when it was supposed to be whole?

Well technically it could work that way. The backstory could take place so far in the past that there was such a large gap of time between it and OoT that everyone had forgotten about the Sacred Realm, or at least how to find it. This was actually the backstory of ALttP, where it said that Ganondorf "rediscovered" the Golden Land. So it would make sense if OoT was the SW, but it isn't.

What most people ignore here is that when AoL was released, it was only the second Zelda game. To say that Princess Zelda in Zelda 2 is the actual first Zelda is not that important in 1987 because there's only one other Zelda. And yeah you have the whole story about how the Prince ordered every girl in the Royal Family to be named Zelda, which works with the rest of the games but again, this was still the plot in 1987, which back then only gave reason for why the Princess from LoZ was named Zelda. The fact is, you have to have the Triforce in Hyrule at the time of AoL's backstory for it to work. I personally believe that AoL's backstory takes place before or after OoX because in OoX we know that the Triforce is in Hyrule, more specifically in Hyrule Castle. So if the Triforce is in the Castle, who else would rule with it besides the King? Which is the very same plot that AoL's backstory tells about.

You can see my timeline in my signature and notice that I have OoX after LoZ/AoL at the end of the CT. And yes I know that there were many princesses before those games that were named Zelda, but so what? Putting AoL's backstory way at the beginning is too contradictory to other things and raises some weird realizations, like Zelda would have drowned when Hyrule was flooded in WW. Come on, Zelda can't drown.

So the AoL BS takes place after AoL? Are you saying it was retconned there?

/facepalm. Yeah I'll fix my previous post. Don't know what I was thinking. What I was trying to say is that the AoL backstory doesn't have to take place at the beginning of everything. The only time it needed to do that was in 87 when the game was released, with only one other game out, therefore it could take place any time before LoZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom