• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Zelda U's story connected to TP

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Direct Sequel/Midna's return confirmed when?
Nothing confirmed yet and to be honest, no matter how much I like Midna, I hope they won't focus on her and leave it alone. I like the way TP ended. They should focus on other things and not on a reunion Link/Midna.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Nothing confirmed yet and to be honest, no matter how much I like Midna, I hope they won't focus on her and leave it alone. I like the way TP ended. They should focus on other things and not on a reunion Link/Midna.
This ^^
Midna was amazing.
But reusing characters like that can be extremely bad for a game such as this. They should focus on creating amazing characters full of depth, like Midna, instead of bringing Midna back herself.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I agree, it'd feel too contrived. They'd have to work around and mess things up, suggesting that there are other ways into the Twilight Realm besides via the Mirror of Twilight.

Reactions: Dio
I would be for another Midna/Twilight Realm story if it took place before TP, but having a direct sequel involving them would contradict what was established in the ending.

Also, as I mentioned in another forum, when they said TPHD was a starting point for ZWU, I highly doubt they were talking about the story.

Debatable. Just look at Gramps, who is 99.99% the Hero of Legend.

Yeah... and if you count Ravio, that's like 3 Links in the same time.

Add me to the list that believes Midna should not return, at least not in some kind of "reunion" sense. I LOVED her as a character, loved her snark and attitude, but I don't think Nintendo meant her to be some kind of forbidden love the way all the fanfiction.net types seem to believe she is. (Especially since TP-Link already had a girlfriend whom he seemed very attached to the entire way through.) Bringing her back would open a can of worms that needs to stay shut IMO.

It'd be like bringing Fi back...after asking Link to basically kill her. It spits on the emotions of the tearful parting.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I agree, it'd feel too contrived. They'd have to work around and mess things up, suggesting that there are other ways into the Twilight Realm besides via the Mirror of Twilight.

They could do another ALBW type scenario with rifts opening up between the light and twilight realm and not need another access point like a second mirror. I'm not saying they will or should but that's the way to do it if it needed doing.

I don't think we need a direct sequel to TP anyway. The story elements that the player might want to see explored from TP involve the interlopers or maybe even the sky race who are clearly devolved by the time of TP and are not capable of building anything.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
It'd be like bringing Fi back...after asking Link to basically kill her. It spits on the emotions of the tearful parting.

Um, Fi didn't die in SS. Link did not kill her. Seriously why do people keep believing that Fi is dead after SS? All Link did was put the Master Sword into the pedestal, thus putting Fi to sleep. It's literally no different than when Link found her in the first place when the Goddess Sword was in the pedestal in the Isle of the Goddess.

So, saying that Fi died simply by the Master Sword being put into a pedestal pretty much contradicts her presence in the first place, seeing as how putting the Goddess Sword in a pedestal and raising the isle with the Goddess Sword into the Sky didn't harm her at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom