• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda OoT/Master Quest: Different Gerudos? Different world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeneralBleck666

While playing through Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest, I've noticed that there is a specific symbol on a lot of things. On all kinds of of pusshable blocks and floor switches, along with other things, I have seen this:

gjgh.jpg
This is the symbol of the Gerudos it can be around the Gerudo Dessert area and on the bottom of Ganondorf's cape at the end of the game.
THEN, I got to play the original OoT, I saw THIS:

cvgdf.jpg

This may be an indication of a large difference in the 2 games, like, maybe a totally different existences. I believe the theory of infanite realities, where every choice we make causes another reality to be created where you didn't make that choise. I think that Zelda Master Quest is an alternate universe, considering that the dungeons are all slightly different.

o.oAnyone agree?o.o

Attachments

• gerudosymbol.gif
    gerudosymbol.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The symbols were changed because Nintendo didn't want to offend Muslims, you need to look less into the games, and more into real-life facts...
This is by and large correct; the earliest released versions of the game, distinguished by their gold-coloured cartridge, (which were exclusively pre-ordered) contained a few differences from the version of the game that was released very shortly after and that has been released ever since. The most notable change is that the Gerudo crest originally bore a crescent moon, which is affiliated with Islam; this was only in the beta and pre-ordered, limited-edition "gold" versions of the game, and was changed in every subsequent version (including Master Quest) to the Gerudo emblem we see today. It is likely that you have an original cartridge (or an emulator that takes from the earliest version of the game). Another notable change from the earliest released version of the game was the changing of the chanting in the Fire Temple; the original melody was carried by Islamic chanting with a repeated phrase in Arabic, but was subsequently changed to a xylophone rhythm with the occasional chanting figure, with indistinguishable lyrics.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Duck: Those weren't the only ones my regular gray cartridge also has the Muslim chants, iconography, and red blood (Ganondorf's boss fight). The runs after the original printings were censored/altered to remove the objects of controversy.

this was only in the beta and pre-ordered, limited-edition "gold" versions of the game, and was changed in every subsequent version (including Master Quest) to the Gerudo emblem we see today.

The crescent moon designed Mirror Shield was present in every version of Ocarina of Time until the Master Quest disc. Thereafter, every other released version switched the design to the emblem commonly associated with the Gerudo people. Interestingly enough, this emblem also appears in various other locations of the Zelda universe, such as on the clothing of Veran, Sorceress of Darkness and main antagonist of "Oracle of Ages".

Therefore, anyone with an N64 copy of Ocarina of Time will have that crescent moon design on their shield. It is likely that anyone with a gray cart will also have Ganondorf spitting green blood instead of red, as that was changed after the Collector's Edition gold carts. However, the first version of gray carts apparently still had the red blood, or so I have heard. But all of them have the what would later be changed, moon-designed shield.

Anyway, I believe this has obviously been answered. The shield design was changed because of religious views.

~Thread Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom