• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Manga

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if this topic has a thread or not, but I pre ordered all of the hardcover Zelda Manga series being trickled out over the next few months. Seeing as the first one comes out Nov. 1 2016, what are your thoughts on the series? If you read it, was it good? If you haven't read it, do you want too? Thanks for your replies!

They are a lot of fun. I don't buy a lot of merchandise, but I'm glad I have these. They won't change your life, but they're good for a lazy Sunday.

They're really really cool! Especially the ones for games you like. It's a fun take on something familiar because they change up some of the details at times!

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I own a few of the Manga and I really enjoy them they do reference the games but deffo are no where near the same

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I don't have the manga yet, but I pre-ordered the newly made ones that will arrive 2017. Also be wanting the b/w ones eventually.

I haven't read much of the manga but I will say that the A Link to the Past comic is excellent. It was originally published in Nintendo Power but Viz now makes a nice volume containing them all.

I haven't read much of the manga but I will say that the A Link to the Past comic is excellent. It was originally published in Nintendo Power but Viz now makes a nice volume containing them all.
I'll have to look into getting that too.

I was a subscriber of Nintendo Power when that comic was running. Fond memory. I was wondering if my memory is cheating, so it is nice to hear it still holds up. I really should get that book version.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
OMG, grab the Majora's Mask manga for the afterstory, it's so good it needs to be Canon! It gives a distant account of the origins of Majora's Mask!

I've never read the Akira Himekawa manga before. I have read (and own) the excellent A Link to the Past NP comic by Shotaro Ishinomori in both the new Viz release and an old beat-up paperback of the original edition that I somehow found on ebay for $40 bucks (which was still paying too much in hindsight).
I'd considered buying the Viz translations of the old Akira Himekawa Mangas but they kind of dropped off my radar for a while. I originally wanted to get the box set but then I heard about the new "Legendary Edition" release by Viz and decided to take advantage of it. I've pre-ordered the OoT and Oracles Manga and the OoT volume just arived today.

One thing Everyone needs to know is that these aren't going to be hardback releases. A lot of people seemed to be under the impression that they were, including myself. The format is actually closer to the glossy paperback covers that Dark Horse uses for their omnibus releases. At first I was afraid that the volume would look too similar to the Hyrule Historia, but it doesn't, thankfully. I'll upload some actual pictures if anyone is interested in seeing what the thing looks like. I'm not too upset that the new release isn't hardcover, but I blame myself for not knowing that more than I do Viz. It's a good sized volume, though still pretty small compared to some of the other comics I've got, but that's pretty standard for manga, even in large sized editions like the Legendary Edition. I'll probably still get the other volumes, though anyone who's struggling for cash may want to consider the box set. Even at the current price of $52, it could still be a cheaper option if you're impatient (or you can just wait until you have money).

As for the contents of the book. It still reads right-to-left; the first few pages are now in color; and the final bonus chapter that takes place immediately after the water temple is still at the very end of the book instead of where it happens chronologically. OoT is probably the volume that I know the most about story wise, even though I've never read it. I won't bother to comment on the story since you can find reviews on that practically everywhere online. I'm just posting this for anyone who isn't sure if they want to buy these or not. IMG_20161101_153133837.jpg IMG_20161101_153000271_HDR.jpg IMG_20161101_153019573.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom