• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda in Religion

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
We know Zelda has a in-game religion, lets call it Triforcism. They are a polytheist civilization that have deities (Jabu-Jabu, Deku Tree, Valoo, etc.) and worship 3 godesses (Din, Nayru and Farore)
As far as many of us know Zelda has never had religion issues. Every religion plays Zelda normally (As far as I know).
But what if Zelda religion was based in a real-life religion? (Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, etc.) How would that change everyone's point of view on this game and perhaps Nintendo itself?

Well, in the beggining Zelda was meant to be based on Christianity
180px-Christianity.png
zelda-shield-6.jpg
nintendo-character-costume-party-20101029003807178.jpg

Yeah, that is Link praying to Jesus, and those are the shields of Link in AoL (Correct me if im wrong). And also the Triforce was based of "The Divine Trinity" (spelling?)

But Nintendo saw this was a wrong move, they had recevied warnings of the Vatican....
But how would Christians and the Vatican would've treated the game....?

Also we had the little incident with another religion I believe it was Judaism or Buddhism that sew Nintendo because Mirror Shield (Gerudo Symbol) and the Fire Temple music was very similar from some thing of their religion...
Nintendo changed this on the GB version
It definitly was a bad move....

So what are your thoughts of Zelda in Religion? Do you think Nintendo will make a bad move in the future with any symbols they make?
Can you believe Zelda has actually made this commotion in all the world!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I don't think people should have an issue with it. I really can't stand religious wars/battles/disagreements; they're all so close and share many of the same beliefs; STOP FIGHTING OVER IT? Do you think God wants people to fight one another and kill for their own views on Him???

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Some people hate you and feel the future has no place for you if you have any religious views at all. I can show you a place where I debate this stuff all the time. (I try to debate for the basic humanity and value of everyone, but... seems to fall on deaf ears most of the time). The "You must ditch your beliefs to become a true human being" comes up with depressing regularity...

Anyway, let us not debate about that here. This would be a good topic for the open discussion of religious symbolism in the Zelda games (intentional or unintentional). I do not think Zelda preaches *anything* but has fun with motifs from many cultures. I pretty much said all I feel I need to say on the subject with my published article. *Grin.*

Abbs

I think it's a smart move they didn't go any further with putting any specific, very currently powerful and influential religions into the game. I'm sure it was all a nice gesture, but it's better just to keep your boat out of the religious waters. You can never be sure where they'll toss you and who you'll offend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom