• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Gameplay Competition Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want to give many thanks to Vanessa28 and Djinn for greenlighting this competition, to TSter the Great and Krazy4Krash for participating in the last round, and to Random Person and mandym287 for asking questions which solidified what I want the competition to be. And with that...we have Round Two! We're continuing with MM.

Category: Gameplay (Majora's Mask)

Prompt: Complete Snowhead Temple in Majora's Mask whilst obtaining all fifteen stray fairies in the process.

Rules
-No cheat codes.
-No glitches.
-No fairies.
-You must have fun.

Mask Restrictions: None.

Goal: Shortest time possible!

Prize: Award for first place; 200 gold to first place, 100 gold to second place, 50 gold to third, 25 for all others.

Deadline: June 30, 2013

Remember, we accept ANY kind of footage so long as it isn't too jumpy and it is visible! :yes:
Remember again, PM me with your submissions! They can be a single video or in parts! :yes:

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If I knew we didn't need the Map and Compass, I would've won last round... Probably should've asked about that :/

I might participate again, I had fun last time!

I'll have to do a few practice runs though, seeing as I don't even know where all the Stray Fairies are

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'll have to do a few practice runs though, seeing as I don't even know where all the Stray Fairies are

Yeah, I highly recommend familiarising yourself with the layout of the dungeons. You might've noticed in my last run that I was pausing every five seconds...well that was because I was checking the ZD walkthrough (and I was sick that day, too) ;)

At any rate, I'm off to start on the dungeon myself. See you! :yes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Can I do it with no sword? Because I've done that so many times before while it was being tempered. :P

There are no restrictions on your equipment bar that you cannot run around with Great Bay Temple equipment in Snowhead. ;)

Also, it's imperative that you record your gameplay whether it be emulator, capture card, or with some sort of video camera (this isn't directed at YOU, JJ, but at everyone). We can't take your word for times without video proof. :)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Dammit, Ven! I already progressed in my file and am up to Great Bay. Didn't know we were continuing with the MM dungeons... I would play the Song of Time and do the dungeon over (only using items when I've opened the respective chests or not at all) but I've already got the Gilded Sword. I wouldn't trust myself to have such a great advantage.

Oh well, I still have a file of me at Woodfall. Guess I'm getting the Goron Lullaby again...

I was just messing around by pseudo-bragging. I can't record anything, so I wouldn't be able to enter. :)

Then don't tease us, boy!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Random thought. You didn't specify if we can return to the temple later with key items like the Hookshot. That certainly would cut down some time. You did state "no cheat codes" and "no glitches", but this is just basic progression in the game. Could you clarify please?

I also hope this post reminds people that this competition exists.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Random thought. You didn't specify if we can return to the temple later with key items like the Hookshot. That certainly would cut down some time. You did state "no cheat codes" and "no glitches", but this is just basic progression in the game. Could you clarify please?

I also hope this post reminds people that this competition exists.

Ventus kinda mentioned that here:
There are no restrictions on your equipment bar that you cannot run around with Great Bay Temple equipment in Snowhead. ;)

I was actually wondering that myself! I just figured we probably would only be able to use the items we would have at that point in the game. Maybe not!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Ventus kinda mentioned that here:

I was actually wondering that myself! I just figured we probably would only be able to use the items we would have at that point in the game. Maybe not!
Guess I need to be more observant. Thank you. I would assume he would have added any refined rules to the OP. Doesn't matter... At least I succeeded in advertising the competition.

Does this mean you'll be submitting, too!? :puppy:

Mudora

Yea, no problem. :) So does that mean you can use Fire Arrows at the beginning of the temple as well? That would make things so much easier!
& yes, I plan on submitting a video too!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Erm when I said "no Great Bay Temple equipment in Snowhead" I really did mean "do a fresh run" where you first obtain the items in the dungeon rather than doing an extra run. ;)

So...you'd have this sort of equipment:
TnaAvBA.jpg

Rather than already having the Fire Arrows and doing "another" run of the dungeon. ;)

Mudora

Ahh, ok. I already progressed in my file so I'll just have to remember to not use the items I wouldn't have already obtained yet. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom