• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Dungeon Music Competition - Week Nine Entries + Week Ten Theme

Which entry did you think was the best?

• penguinboy82

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LittleGumball

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Greetings! Welcome to the unveiling of week nine's entries and week ten's theme in the Zelda Dungeon Music Competition! First of all, let's congratulate M107 and LittleGumball for tying in last week's competition. Good job! Apparently all two people that voted had differing opinions, so... you both get an award!

As homage to E3, last week's theme was Video Games. So let's take a look at the entries I received.

penguinboy82
Jungle Japes
http://clyp.it/gjujq3nz

LittleGumball
Medley
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZWF13nnU4

Please listen to both pieces and choose which one you think is the best by voting in the poll above. Leave some feedback as well if you've got the time.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, it's Week Ten! And if you recall from Week Five, that means that this week's theme is...

FREESTYLE!

For this round, you can submit any type of song you'd like! It can be a cover of an existing tune or an original composition -- as long as it's your own work. Please send me a Private Message with your entry before June 28th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MDT July 5th, 2014 at 11:59 MDT. As always, good luck!

Hall of Fame (Previous Winners)
M107 - Week One, Week Three, Week Four (Tie), Week Six, Week Eight (Tie)
LittleGumball - Week Two, Week Eight (Tie)
Mellow Ezlo - Week Four (Tie)
Nintendo_Master - Week Five
penguinboy82 - Week Seven

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
OMG, I completely forgot to enter last time! D: I had even practiced a song and gotten it ready to record, but got doing other things and it completely slipped my mind... Oh well, this time is freestyle, so perhaps I will enter the song I was going to do for the previous contest. It is summer holidays now, after all! ^^

Anyway, I want to give a huge congrats to both entrants. Both Penguin Boy and Gummy submitted excellent pieces, and the decision was difficult to make.

My vote will ultimately be given to Penguin Boy though. Great skills on the sax, and excellent job with the arranging and layering! also jungle japes <3 It was incredibly close and a very hard decision. Great job to both of you! =D :clap:

Pen

The game is on!
Why have I completely forgotten about these competitions for such a long time?! Well, we've got two great performances this week, and they were both enjoyable to listen to. :D

Penguinboy's piece was super catchy and I loved the arrangement! It had a quite epic feel to it thanks to the large amount of saxophones (because it was sax, right?).

And Gummy's piece was very pretty. Each transition between the different songs in the medley was very smoothly done. The one thing that I think could have made it even better would've been some sort of accompaniment by some other instrument (piano or guitar for instance, or just another flute).

Again, great work both of you! My vote will have to go to the Penguinboy. ^^

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
And Gummy's piece was very pretty. Each transition between the different songs in the medley was very smoothly done. The one thing that I think could have made it even better would've been some sort of accompaniment by some other instrument (piano or guitar for instance, or just another flute).

Well you see, I'm completely incompetent, otherwise I would have done that. c:

but yeah penguin was way better than me haha

Heroine of Time

Excuse the double post. I'm really sorry that the new competition thread did not get posted today, guys! It'll be up later tomorrow (or rather today, since it's past midnight).

Heroine of Time

Alright, because I have failed to update this yet again, I'm going to simply extend the deadline. I really apologize, and I'll do everything in my power to prevent this from happening again. I understand that I hold all the responsiblity here; this is unlikely to become a regular thing.

Good news, though, is that I only had two entries in the first place. This is such an easy theme that I'd LOVE to hear some more entries. Please submit them by Saturday, July 5th. The new thread will be up on July 6th, and that's not changing. :P

In fact, if this is extended, I'll probably enter one of my own covers, if no one minds. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom