• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[ZD Fanfiction] A Tale of Bicuriosity and Talking Cats

Here you go @Malon.

Chapter 1: Reality Is But a Concept

"What if going to sleep... is waking up in real life?" Dan said aloud as he slipped into his comfy pajamas ready to call it a night, uncaring wether anyone else was around to hear his sentiment.
He wrapped his blanket around his feet to keep them warm, as he always did in the winter time, and closed his eyes, satisfied about another successful day full of discoveries and adventure.

"What if going to sleep... is waking up in real life?"
The words kept echoing through his head.
There was no point in trying to stop it. His bicuriosity had been awakened.
"Oh, why do I have to suffer from this curse? This endless bicuriosity is going to be the death of me!"

---

With sullen eyes, Dan dragged himself out of bed the next morning, almost tripping over his black cat Salem, though he paid no mind to the latter's loud complaints. For a moment, nothing was wrong. This was going to be a good day, like any other. Dan was sure of it.

"Hey! Are you listening you bastard? You almost killed me with those nightmarishly huge feet of yours meow!" Salem shouted. Dan snapped out of his early morning trance, took a look at his bewildered pet, but didn't say a word.

Salem started worrying about his lordling. "Are you ok meow?" he asked, all of his anger washed away in an instant, replaced by terror at Dan's surreal expression.

"I'm not sure, Salem." he answered, finally breaking the silence. "There's... something I have to ask you."

Salem's ears twitched in anticipation, but he kept as calm a posture as he could. He didn't want to spoil this moment, for he had long yearned for his master to finally see him as more than a cat. No matter what his question was going to be, he was going to do his very best to answer truthfully and satisfyingly.

"Salem... do you believe in talking cats?"

Salem didn't know what to answer. He didn't expect this. He just sat there, absolutely bewildered.

Dan looked at him expectantly, with an almost desperate look in his eyes.

"Salem, please. Tell me. Is this real? Or am I dreaming?"

The black cat felt the pressure. It was as if the whole world, hell, the whole existence of everything, hinged on his answer. Salem knew he had to do SOMETHING, but each second he hesitated, the fear of the consequences grew. What would happen if he opened his mouth now, confirming that indeed, he could speak the human tongue, despite knowing full well that talking cats don't exist? Would the whole world implode? Sucked up by a black hole, taking all of existence with it in a flurry of explosions?

---

Feedback is appreciated. Editing/general input by Ari.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom