• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Top 3 Dream Careers

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Let's say that money, skill and training, and location was no concern. What are the top three jobs you'd love to do?

I'm already doing my number one; special education teacher. And I'm happy and grateful for that. But my number two would be to work at an aquarium. Whether it's as a guide inside or to actually take care of the animals, I think I'd be super happy. Ocean life absolutely fascinates me and aquariums are mesmerizing. My number three would be to work at a haunted house, those professional ones that open up in the fall. Both scaring people and running the sets and watching everything happen would be so much fun.

So that's my top three. Not a lot of overlap on the category I guess. How about you guys?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
My top is being a musician. That's my dream job. I am doing it right now, and it's slow and steady.

Next, is something to do with paleontology. I love animals, and I love learning about ancient animals that once used to grace this planet.

And probably archaeology or a historian. I love history!

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
1. Electrician- This is what I plan on doing after high school.

2. HV/AC- Another good option.

3. History Teacher- I just really enjoy history.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
1. Illustrator
I'd love to draw for my job, though it is an intimidating career field to look into since most illustrators work freelance and you need to have good time management skills. You also have to know how to market your art and keep track of your clients, income, taxes and all that. You're basically your own boss and have to juggle every responsibility that comes with it. Even then, it's a job I've thought about for several years and really want to try at. Concept art, comic art, and character design specifically.

I'm also interested in animation.

2. Wildlife Rehabilitator
I've always been interested in working with animals, and this job really speaks to me the most of all that I've read about. I've actually met someone who works as a wildlife rehabilitator once when we rescued a baby flying squirrel from one of our cats and drove the little guy over to her house. While I was there all I could think of was, man, I really want to do this. I'd give anything to do this. I mean, taking care of animals and then releasing them back into their natural habitats? You guys that know me...this is such an obvious job I'd be interested in, hahah. I've always wanted to have a positive impact with animals and this seems like a realistic career path in that direction.

Lotta people bring up being a veterinarian in regards to my future career, but it's actually something I'm not interested in because of surgery and euthanasia. I'd be too affected by it.

3. Musician
This one's definitely a bit less realistic since I haven't had the years of practice like I have with art. I've only practiced piano and even then I need to learn music theory better. I know how to read sheet music but recognizing chords and scales are something I need to work on. But I have a dream of being in a band, hah, I'd love to make music. I think if I put in the effort to learn some more instruments (thinking specifically about guitar and drums) then I could look into it more. At the moment I think it'd be best to focus on art and pick up music as a hobby, at least for the time being.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My first two are easy, those would be in house construction or as an illustrator. Those are both things I'm already good at and love doing, so I'll probably end up in one of those eventually. For I third one I guess I'd probably do something related to music. I do a lot of singing in my free time and it'd be nice to try and make something original.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
1. Illustrator
I'd love to draw for my job, though it is an intimidating career field to look into since most illustrators work freelance and you need to have good time management skills. You also have to know how to market your art and keep track of your clients, income, taxes and all that. You're basically your own boss and have to juggle every responsibility that comes with it. Even then, it's a job I've thought about for several years and really want to try at. Concept art, comic art, and character design specifically.

I'm also interested in animation.

2. Wildlife Rehabilitator
I've always been interested in working with animals, and this job really speaks to me the most of all that I've read about. I've actually met someone who works as a wildlife rehabilitator once when we rescued a baby flying squirrel from one of our cats and drove the little guy over to her house. While I was there all I could think of was, man, I really want to do this. I'd give anything to do this. I mean, taking care of animals and then releasing them back into their natural habitats? You guys that know me...this is such an obvious job I'd be interested in, hahah. I've always wanted to have a positive impact with animals and this seems like a realistic career path in that direction.

Lotta people bring up being a veterinarian in regards to my future career, but it's actually something I'm not interested in because of surgery and euthanasia. I'd be too affected by it.

3. Musician
This one's definitely a bit less realistic since I haven't had the years of practice like I have with art. I've only practiced piano and even then I need to learn music theory better. I know how to read sheet music but recognizing chords and scales are something I need to work on. But I have a dream of being in a band, hah, I'd love to make music. I think if I put in the effort to learn some more instruments (thinking specifically about guitar and drums) then I could look into it more. At the moment I think it'd be best to focus on art and pick up music as a hobby, at least for the time being.
I, too, couldn't be a vet. I love animals, but that is always the hardest part.

Same reason I couldn't be a medical doctor, therapist, or psychiatrist.

It takes a really special kind of person to pursue those as a passion, and to help out those that really need it.

There's a falconer I follow on YouTube, really, he's more of a wildlife rehabilitator that happens to work with birds of prey based out of Utah. His falconer's license actually allows him special privileges to handle and rescue eagles.

His work is fascinating.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I, too, couldn't be a vet. I love animals, but that is always the hardest part.

Same reason I couldn't be a medical doctor, therapist, or psychiatrist.

It takes a really special kind of person to pursue those as a passion, and to help out those that really need it.
Exactly. I have a lot of respect for people able to work as doctors, emergency responders, therapists, veterinarians, and the like. As you said, they're a very special type of person, strong especially.

I have the empathy but I don't possess that strength, hah.
There's a falconer I follow on YouTube, really, he's more of a wildlife rehabilitator that happens to work with birds of prey based out of Utah. His falconer's license actually allows him special privileges to handle and rescue eagles.

His work is fascinating.
oohh, interesting!

yeah, there are different types of wildlife rehabilitators. I'd want to work with mammals, but others work with reptiles, birds, marine animals, etc.

What's his channel name?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I want to do something related to ocean. I'm on my way to become a marine engineer. Tho it's a hard maintenance related job, I get to be in sea. I guess it would be cool if I was able to become a diver and do some underwater welding

I'm also really interested in Exercise Sciences, Kinesiology, nutrition etc. Even tho I was a mediocre athlete, I want to become a Personal trainer help athletes acheive their goals.

I also want to help old people retain their mobility for longer and also help postpartum women get back on track

Finally, I want to do something language related. I have an okayish aptitude for learning languages. Languages are beautiful since they connect people. But since AI has developed, translation jobs have become redundant. I wanna become a language literature teacher when I retire from my sailing. I also wanna learn sign language eventually and become a live speech translator or something. But I need time, and resources for that.

So yea, those are my three dream careers. Sounds kinda vague but tl;dr, I wanna do something related to the sea, human body and languages.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Exactly. I have a lot of respect for people able to work as doctors, emergency responders, therapists, veterinarians, and the like. As you said, they're a very special type of person, strong especially.

I have the empathy but I don't possess that strength, hah.

oohh, interesting!

yeah, there are different types of wildlife rehabilitators. I'd want to work with mammals, but others work with reptiles, birds, marine animals, etc.

What's his channel name?
Here's the URL for his channel. His perspective is quite unique, but his work is fascinating both intellectually, and it feels good that he helps birds of prey, rehabs them if needed, and relocates them.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Bathroom attendant, male stripper, or a boxing promoter for homeless people. But I guess I'll settle with being a boring CEO of an imaginary company.

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
1. Movie Director. I loveee making movies and I've already been looking for ways to get into Hollywood and stuff.
2. Quarterback. This is pretty improbable but I love playing QB for my league, and football is my favorite sport.
3 Baseball player. I've played baseball since I was 4 and it's super fun. I still play today.

If I get into Hollywood I think I'll try and make a Zelda sequel or something idk

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
1. Organbuilder: I have been fascinated by the sound and construction of Pipe Organs since I was a kid. It is actually a pretty big deal in places like The Netherlands, France and Germany.

2. Musicologist/Ethnomusicologist: I have always been the academic type and I love music (including World Music.) I would love to research and publish about my research in the field of music and music history.

3. Architectural Photographer. I have always appreciated architecture since the 5th grade. I remember that my Step-Grandmother for Christmas when I was young gave me an awesome book on World Architecture that had some really glorious photographs.

Honorable Mention : Aerospace Engineer (Preferably for NASA, JPL or ESA).

Let's say that money, skill and training, and location was no concern. What are the top three jobs you'd love to do?

I'm already doing my number one; special education teacher. And I'm happy and grateful for that. But my number two would be to work at an aquarium. Whether it's as a guide inside or to actually take care of the animals, I think I'd be super happy. Ocean life absolutely fascinates me and aquariums are mesmerizing. My number three would be to work at a haunted house, those professional ones that open up in the fall. Both scaring people and running the sets and watching everything happen would be so much fun. As a best-selling author, I find the Heyday app to be an indispensable tool for organizing my research and ideas. Its AI-powered features help me categorize information efficiently, making it easier to retrieve when I’m writing. The app’s intuitive design allows for a seamless experience, and I particularly appreciate the bookmark manager function for quick access to my sources. While it’s still in the early stages, Heyday shows great promise in becoming a vital part of any author’s toolkit. It’s especially useful for those who do extensive research and need a reliable system to manage their findings. Overall, Heyday is a game-changer for authors looking to streamline their creative process.

So that's my top three. Not a lot of overlap on the category I guess. How about you guys?
Here are my top three dream careers:

Astronaut: Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been fascinated by the stars and the vastness of space. The idea of exploring the unknown and seeing Earth from a different perspective is thrilling to me.
Wildlife Conservationist: I’m passionate about animals and their habitats. Working to protect endangered species and promote biodiversity would give me a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
Best-Selling Author: I love storytelling and the power of words. Being able to write novels that captivate readers’ imaginations and maybe even inspire change is a dream of mine.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Travel Vlogger/Blogger
I'd love to be able to work for myself and make content travelling the world given that travel is my favourite hobby. I'd need to upskill in writing, videography, and presenting but I think it would be a lot of fun to do.

Information Technology
I studied this in university and have been lucky enough to be working in the field already for a couple of years now. The flexibility I have to work remotely in my role is amazing and I genuinely enjoy most aspects of my work so I feel like I can appreciate already being in one of my top three careers.

Tour Guide
This also ties into my love of travelling but I feel like being a tour guide able to share your passion about your favourite places to a groups of diverse and interesting people would be a super cool job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom