• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Your Switch Game Wish List

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
So we've been getting a lot of confirmed names of games coming to the Switch throughout 2017. Not a lot of release dates but general time frames. I gotta say, a lot of them look really good. I've got 10 on my list besides Breath of the Wild that I either really want or want to at least keep an eye out for to learn more about it as the information comes. Here's my list:
  • Super Mario Odyssey - not a fan of mario games, but I liked galaxy a lot and this looks like it should be just as good. something to keep my eye on.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors - i've always been fascinated by the story and characters of fe but always hated the gameplay. so a hack and slash fire emblem sounds promising to me.
  • Skyrim - i dont do pc games and im kind of interested in trying out skyrim. so this would be a good chance.
  • Sonic Mania - not a huge fan of sprite games these days, I greatly prefer 3D. but I do like sonic and I figure this would be good to play when I'm bored, or in transit to places like in the car or something.
  • Sonic Forces - looks kinda promising from what we've seen. gonna keep my eye on it for now.
  • Rime - currently most excited for this game. It looks totally stunning and mystical and reminds me of Link's Awakening in a way.
  • Seasons of Heaven - also excited for this one, it looks very fascinating and I don't think I've ever really played a game like that before.
  • Oceanhorn - apparently this was a zelda-esque mobile game from a while back. looks like a good time-killer like sonic mania.
  • The Sacred Hero - theres literally nothing we know about it yet but the teaser video reminded me of zelda so im gonna keep my eye out for more details about it.
  • Celeste - ok i really don't do platformers or sprite games and this is both but man, this one actually looks really good. good enough that I'm willing to pick it up. another good time-killer like sonic mania and oceanhorn.
Here's a masterpost of titles confirmed for the Switch you can look through if you don't know too many of them. It's what I used to make my list. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/guide_nintendo_switch_launch_games_and_release_dates_2017

I dont have a wishlist as far as confirmed games go... i'll get some but probably not many and if they appear on the PS4 i'm more likely to play them on that. So, like every other Nintendo console, i'll be playing for the 1st party exclusives.

With that in mind, the confirmed games i'll be buying for my Switch are;

Mario Odyssey
-Not a huge Mario fan. Didnt like Galaxy, but i cant deny his games are always top quality. I'm not super excited for it but it'll have my attention because it'll be one of the few games I have for Switch for a while.

Fire Emblem Warriors
-I like the characters, story and lore of FE but i suck at the gameplay. I've wanted a Warriors FE game for years, glad we're finally getting it but I'm worried the roster will suck.

Splatoon 2
-This one is a massive maybe. I enjoyed the first game as a pick up and play, kill a few hours deal. I liked the single player mode but i didnt play seriously or grind for good equipment. The first was free to play online, the second wont be and i'm not into Splatoon enough to pay to play it. I'm gonna wait and see what the prices boil down to and what the single player is like, but i can see myself not buying this one because i refuse to pay to play.

Arms
-Maaaaaaybe at a cheaper price.

Everything else, Rime, DQXI, i'll probably play on PS4 and probably for a cheaper price too.

Last edited:
  • Super Mario Odyssey - Looks pretty good. I don't think it'll be as good as Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 but it should be good still.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors - Don't really care for the lore but I do like the Dynasty Warrior style of game so this should be good too.
  • Rime - Looks a lot like Myst (was famous before many current gamers were born). A must buy for me.
  • Oceanhorn - A Wind Waker inspired game that looks better than Wind Waker. I'll probably get it.
  • Stardew Valley - I do like these cutsey farming simulators and tyhis one looks pretty good. A must have for me.
  • Yooka-Laylee - I kickstarter backed this and will patiently wait for the Switch release.
  • Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 - This looks amazing and a must buy when it's released over here.
  • Dragon Quest 11 - Another must buy, looks amazing, will totally pre-order this.
  • Blaster Master Zero - I bought this and am aiting for pro-controller support to come so I can play it. This needs a d-pad.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - I will be sad if Nintendo does not announce a port of this for the Switch at E3. This game is screaming out for a port.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Looks like the first game, very fun, amazing music and totally linear to a fault. Not perfect but still amazing enough to have me pre-order it.
  • I am Setsuna - I will get this when I can afford it.
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 - I am surprised this is on the 13th game. If localised I'll get it as it's an awesome period in Chinese history.
  • Seasons of Heaven - Maybe, will have to look at the reviews and more into that. I'm on the fence about it.
  • Snake Pass - Will totally get this when I can afford it.

Mido

Version 1
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 - I am surprised this is on the 13th game. If localised I'll get it as it's an awesome period in Chinese history.

You're damn right it is. Why do you think I'm a Dynasty Warriors super-fan? The gameplay? It's fun gameplay, but it's the story told over and over again that keeps me coming back all these times! On this note, I forgot about this game's Switch release, so I'll have to look into jumping in myself.

I don't have a huge list right now in terms of what I want to play on the switch, but for the time being, there's Super Mario Odyssey, Bomberman, Xenoblade II, both Sonic games, another go-round with Skyrim, and perhaps Rime, which seems intriguing. Splatoon II could be here too since I've heard good stuff about the first one, which I regret not purchasing. Still, I'm just slightly more intrigued by the other games above right now.

You're damn right it is. Why do you think I'm a Dynasty Warriors super-fan? The gameplay? It's fun gameplay, but it's the story told over and over again that keeps me coming back all these times! On this note, I forgot about this game's Switch release, so I'll have to look into jumping in myself.
Thanks, and I agree with you.

I have bought the book. I found a good translation that's unabridged. 3000 pages though. So when I have time I'll get stuck into that.

I don't have a huge list right now in terms of what I want to play on the switch, but for the time being, there's Super Mario Odyssey, Bomberman, Xenoblade II, both Sonic games, another go-round with Skyrim, and perhaps Rime, which seems intriguing. Splatoon II could be here too since I've heard good stuff about the first one, which I regret not purchasing. Still, I'm just slightly more intrigued by the other games above right now.
Don't worry about missing the first Splatoon. The 2nd one plays a lot like the first so you're not missing out on much. I didn't buy the first either.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Thanks, and I agree with you.

I have bought the book. I found a good translation that's unabridged. 3000 pages though. So when I have time I'll get stuck into that.

I looked around for a few translations, but haven't made the jump to actually purchasing the book yet. I did read excerpts of it years ago though. Pulling back a bit, I hope Dynasty Warriors 9 hits the Switch with Romance 13 too.

DOn't worry about missing the first Splatoon. The 2nd one plays a lot like the first so you're not missing out on much. I didn't buy the first either.

That's good to hear. In any case, I'll play it by ear to see if I'll pick it up.

I looked around for a few translations, but haven't made the jump to actually purchasing the book yet. I did read excerpts of it years ago though. Pulling back a bit, I hope Dynasty Warriors 9 hits the Switch with Romance 13 too.
I think both will. We just need localisations of both which might or might not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom