• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Young Link Timeline Confusion

so i understand the split timeline theory and i get how ganon is defeated by adult link link goes back to his time and that timeline goes on. This may be a dumb question but, wouldnt ganondorf still been alive and kickin when link gets sent back. The future was saved, but whats stopping him from rising to power again in the young link timeline especially if link trots over to termina?

The same problem is with the Heart Containers, if you get one in the future, wouldn't it still be there in the past. If i remember correctly, after the game is beaten, Link goes to tell Zelda of Ganondorf's evil intentions and stop him before he can do any harm. Not sure if that is completely accurate though.

okay okay. i remember hearing something like that before....but that brings up another problem for me. when you sneak in to see zelda as a kid. isnt she aware that ganondorf is a bad guy!

Pen

The game is on!
Link warnes Zelda about it and they both become 100% sure that Ganondorf is bad. Link also knows by now who the sages are. So after some discussion with the King of Hyrule (Zelda's father) they all agree that the six Sages will kill Ganondorf in the Mirror Chamber using the Sword of the Sages. However, Ganondorf survives the stab due to his Triforce of Power so there is no other option left for the Sages but to seal Ganondorf into the Twilight Realm.

Link warnes Zelda about it and they both become 100% sure that Ganondorf is bad. Link also knows by now who the sages are. So after some discussion with the King of Hyrule (Zelda's father) they all agree that the six Sages will kill Ganondorf in the Mirror Chamber using the Sword of the Sages. However, Ganondorf survives the stab due to his Triforce of Power so there is no other option left for the Sages but to seal Ganondorf into the Twilight Realm.

the why go on a quest for the spiritual stones to get the master sword if he can also be killed with a "normal" sword.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
the why go on a quest for the spiritual stones to get the master sword if he can also be killed with a "normal" sword.

Who said the Sword of the Sages was a "normal" sword? I would think the fact that all six sages had to use it should be a statement, plus the fact that he wasn't killed by the sword and had to be sealed into the Twilight Realm shows why only the Master Sword could kill him and thereby there was a point to the quest.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What Link told Zelda in that courtyard scene was that their plan to get to the Sacred Realm before Ganondorf was exactly what Ganondorf wanted them to do so he would have access to the Triforce. Instead, they executed a different plan which involved the Sages (which I believe are different from the ones in AT OoT) trying to kill Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom