• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yeti's

Ok here's a post on the mysterious Yeti's From the peak province and peak province in general. My theory is that the yeti hunt whales. My reasoning for this is that there are huge wax candles in the mansion. Where did they get the wax? I think they make the candles whale using whale blubber. This could also explain why Jabu-Jabu is nowhere to be seen as whales can live for many many years especially one as well taken care of as him.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Well, I haven't played Twilight Princess in some time, so I may be mistaken. But as far as I know, isn't there no sea anywhere near the yeti's province? I've never heard of any fresh water whales. They may have traded the candles for something else with some friends, bought/bartered the candles with humans, (which is doubtful; the humans would probably not barter with yetis) or maybe got the wax from another animal up there.

It's not an impossibility that they would eat whales, but I do doubt it. I think they just eat what they find, and perhaps have made some primitive recipes, (the soup's ingredients that you collect) and even at first thought to eat Wolf Link, if I'm not mistaken.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I've never heard of candles being made from whale fat... only wax from bee's nests or from plant sources like from some types of palms. I think they probably got their candles from bartering, or stealing most likely. Probably even candles being left in the mansion when they moved in, from the previous owners.

lol, jabu jabus wax xD

uhm well, I can think of a place where yeto can catch a whale, there is no sea in TP and I dont think there are whales in zoras domain or lake hylia.

But there is a place with water in peak province and it never shows where the water comes from except for a small opening.
path2.jpg

300px-Snowpeak_General.jpg

Its never confirmed where that opening leads. Perhaps its to the ocean.
To Ganondorf
I'd have to disagree with you there the candles seem to be made specifically for large people and Goron's can't survive in colder climates.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
It was never said anywhere that Gorons could not survive in the cold... thought it obviously makes their mining for rocks, their food, difficult.

As for the large candles, had it occurred to you that they could have melted what wax they had, and made larger candles for their convenient use?

These candles could possibly not even be made with whale, as it is possible to extract wax from boiling cinnamon and insects, or other animal fats in addition to wax from plants and bees nests. The wax they use could even be made from Stinkfish fat and oil, as they appear to be like fatty salmon.

There are many possibilities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_candle_making

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You do know the candle's aren't made from whale blubber, right? That was for lanturns. Either way, that's just looking into stuff that's not there and really doesn't matter. And I doubt Yeto was able to kill Jabu Jabu. I mean, he's a guardian god.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Candles can be made with whale fat, read that history of candles thing I linked.

As to Jabu-Jabu, I don't even think he can die, being a bit of a god and all, like Valoo.

I'm of the belief that the yeti culture is similiar to that of the inuit culture. It seem that way If you read in between the lines that is why I made this statement.
oh and as to yeto not being able to hunt a whale I will give you that. But think of what an entire tribe of yeti can do.
And Jabu-Jabu is a whale or else how can he exist both in salt water as well as fresh water plus im pretty sure he's warm blooded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom