• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Play Zelda if It Was In the First Person?

Would you play a first person Zelda?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I heard that one of the origional ideas for Ocarina of Time was to have it in the first person. The game would have had the same story, it just would be from a different view point. Would you still play the game if it was in the first person? I would say yes, because it would just be a different viewpoint, and it might serve as a better "link" between the player and the game world.

Kazumi

chagy
I would definitely play a Zelda game in first person. In fact, The Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Fallout 3 are played in first person, and they are both quite similar to Zelda in many ways. It works really well, and definitely helps to immerse the player into the environment and character that they are in. I would actually say that I would love it if Nintendo made a future Zelda game first person, as so long as they kept 3rd Person an option for those who want it, similar to Oblivion/Fallout 3.

However, I think at this point in the series it would be weird for the game to suddenly switch to using a First Person perspective. It's not something that I think Nintendo would do unfortunately.

Abbs

A Zelda game is a Zelda game no matter what type of camera view, so yeah. I would.
I think I'd like to keep the current 3rd person view, thank you very much, but I'd go with the flow no matter what way it goes.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Sorry to say but a First-person would be a bad idea it would make LoZ feel more like an Elder Scrolls game like Oblivion than a LoZ game but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom