• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would the Moon Also Kill the Salesman. Also, is the Door a Time/warp Zone.

I kinda leaning towards no. 1, Because he was still probably in a forgotten part of Hyrule, and the door to Clock Town was maybe, a warp zone to Termina, or something. 2. There is no time limit when you're out of the door to Termina. 3. #2 probably acted with #1. Give me your best answer. If you can, explain why?

I think he knew what was going to happen so he only gave you three days cause thats when the moon was gonna destroy the town and he knew that he'd have to get the flock out of there if you didnt get the mask in time. But if he did stay then I think he would have died too.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I think that the inside of the clock tower is not a part of Termina. It's between worlds. In the beginning of the game, Link travels from Hyrule to Termina. He leaves Hyrule through the hollow tree. He enters Termina when he steps outside of the clock tower. That's when the three days start. That's the moment he gets sent back to when he plays the Song of Time. That's when he starts interacting with the Terminians. And you never see citizens of Clock Town entering the tower.
So between leaving Hyrule and arriving in Termina, Link is in some kind of Limbo. The laws of nature are weird here. Hylians can be changed into Dekus (notice that Skull Kid never tries this bit again once both are in Termina). Organs can appear out of nowhere. And time moves different here as well. After the first three days, you jump back to the first morning, and yet the HMS knows that time has passed.

So if the HMS stays in the tower (which isn't really the inside of the tower of Clock Town, but a magical Limbo), it stands to reason that the Moon destroying Clock Town couldn't harm him, just like it couldn't harm Zelda or Impa, who are back in Hyrule. That's why the HMS never leaves the tower.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
For even more support to Michael's Theory which I think is true. Have you ever let the Moon fall.
Notice the HMS says "you've met a terrible fate" or something with that same meaning which indicates that the HMS was not affected the Moon fell.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
So if the HMS stays in the tower (which isn't really the inside of the tower of Clock Town, but a magical Limbo), it stands to reason that the Moon destroying Clock Town couldn't harm him, just like it couldn't harm Zelda or Impa, who are back in Hyrule. That's why the HMS never leaves the tower.
I agree with this, but remember when the HMS said that he will be leaving the town after three days? ( I think it was either thhree days or a few days..)

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
You're right. In order to leave the town, he'd have to be in the town. Unless he didn't want to complicate matters even more by explaining the whole concept of dimensional travel to you, so "leave town" is his way of saying "leave this place and go to another dimension".

Mike Heide thats my theory too, pretty much. Yeah, its just funny to watch and one of my friends bet me 10 bucks to see if I would actually do it so yep, wait a minute did anyone see my post, if you didn't you should its pretty accurate compared to yours, Mike. Ghosi I don't really remember that part be cause I stopped playing that game a year ago, after I got to that sea snake part, scary.

To my mind the warp zone is either when Link falls down on to the Deku leaf and is transformed, or the place before underneath the clocktower where the floor spirals around and the game goes all funky. Perhaps even they are both the limits of the warp zone, and the place in between is between dimensions. But if that is the case why is the Deku Butler's son to be found there? Did he find a way of jumping dimensions and ran into the Skull Kid?

I suspect that it it merely an inconsistency. To me the change in dimensions was probably meant by the spiralling floor, and when Link is transformed he is still in Hyrule. Of course the place beneath dimensions theory is plausible, but the alternative is that the Butler's Son managed to travel to Hyrule and then ran into the Skull Kid. Perhaps even the whole forest at the start is a link between dimensions. Take your pick.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I think that the inside of the clock tower is not a part of Termina. It's between worlds. In the beginning of the game, Link travels from Hyrule to Termina. He leaves Hyrule through the hollow tree. He enters Termina when he steps outside of the clock tower. That's when the three days start. That's the moment he gets sent back to when he plays the Song of Time. That's when he starts interacting with the Terminians. And you never see citizens of Clock Town entering the tower.

That brings up another question .. what about the door to the Clock Tower's interior from a Terminian's point of view? Is it "restricted access" and all citizens abide by that, or do they not even see the door, as it's only visible and accessible to those who travel from the other world?

That's been my theory on the door ... like you're suggesting, it's more a magical portal that leads into Termina from the dimension linking it to Hyrule, but it only exists to Link (and Tatl & HMS, and possibly SK too). Link just appears in that spot outside the door once he goes through it which would usually raise an eyebrow, but since typically everyone in S. Clock Town is busy, they wouldn't even notice if someone just appeared out of nowhere (same goes for when he plays the SoT and appears back in that spot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom