• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WINDOWS: Do You Use a Dock?

I just barely got Rocket Dock. I should've asked Kaz what dock program he uses, but so far, I really like the software. It's not in my way when I don't want it to be, and I can customize the look pretty much however I want.

What dock program do you use, and what do you use it for? What do you put in the dock?

Austin

Austin
I've never understood the point of docks, especially on Windows when you can just pin things to the taskbar. I hated it when I used OSX too. I keep all my frequently used programs pinned to the start menu. Takes about as much effort to click those as it does to unhide and click something on the dock, plus I don't have to worry about an extra module running in the background.

I have two different docks because I'm sort of OCD about clutter on the desktop and taskbar. The first one I use is called the Nexus which is similar to the Rocket Dock, I use it to keep things such as Steam, Chrome, iTunes and other frequently used programs on it. The second one is called the Circle Dock or something along those lines. It basically creates a ring of icons and adds another ring around the outside of the first one when you add enough icons, I've got mine set to 25 icons per ring.

Clank

Hmm
I just keep a command line open for easy program access, instead of worrying about other launchers.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I've never understood the point of docks, especially on Windows when you can just pin things to the taskbar. I hated it when I used OSX too. I keep all my frequently used programs pinned to the start menu. Takes about as much effort to click those as it does to unhide and click something on the dock, plus I don't have to worry about an extra module running in the background.

^ I do exactly the same. I pin all programs I need/use the most to my taskbar and start menu so I always find what I need. I never really used docks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom