• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker or Twilight Princess?

WW or TP

• The Wind Waker

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Twilight Princess

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Twilight Princess - despite being hardly half of what it could have been - is on a level of sophistication Nintendo hasn't known since Majora's Mask (or since Twilight Princess, for that matter).

Midna alone is an anomaly in video games, as a character with as much sophistication as can be expected of a Shakespearean drama. Under someone else's direction Twilight Princess may have superseded The Witcher 3 in terms of world building and narrative potential. Alas, it stands merely as a worthy successor to Ocarina of Time - which is monumental enough in its own right.

Wind Waker is children's entertainment.

MW7

TP is great, but I love WW a lot more. Sailing is such a perfect fit for a Zelda game, and I loved all the random sidequests you could do. Windfall Island is the only thing in the Zelda series that can even compare to the liveliness of Clock Town from MM. Also I just love the child-like feel to the game with the graphics and great music. There's just a lot to like about WW.

TP was more like an older Zelda game with more focus on the dungeons than the rest of the world, but there was a lot of stuff you had to do in between dungeons that I never really liked. TP had amazing dungeons, but you had to wade through a lot of stuff that wasn't as interesting in my opinion. WW took the approach of giving you an amazing world and peppering in a few dungeons. I tend to prefer Zelda games with lots of dungeons that can done with little downtime in between (ALttP and OoT) or games that focus on delivering the best world outside of dungeons (WW and MM). I don't like it when games have lots of mandatory stuff to do in between dungeons. I still love TP though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom