• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Wind Waker:koroks and Fado

zellinkda

one of many
so the great deku tree said that the koroks used to take the form of humans until they went to sea. then there's that past sage of the wind temple: fado. (reflects on the kokiri forest and mido from oot) that means that the koroks were probably all kokiri! now you're probably sitting on your chair or the couch or floor or whatever saying "NO DURRR" but, hear me out. we've established that the koroks are most likely kokiri. now here's my question. since the koroks took the weird form that they are now, why did they take that form at sea? what difference did sea make from air? maybe it's because they needed to be able to swim? and what about fado.? is he human again because he's dead? Thoughts always welcome!:):):):):)

I believe they evolved so that they could fly across the sea to plant the seeds of the Deku Tree. As I'm sure you noticed, the Rito can fly as well. I'm sure there is some connection there. I think I have something to do with it (I mean the wind, not me personally)

Y

Yeano

and what about fado.? is he human again because he's dead?

I was under the impression that he was always a Kokiri. Much like how Laruto was a Zora. I just think they were really old until Ganondorf killed them. They may have been able to live a very long time and became sages long ago (similar to how King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule was able to stay alive for such a long time). Further, Fado introduces himself as a Kokiri, not a Korok.

I just don't see how being killed would revert their spirits to a different race (especially since we don't see Kokiri or Zora before OoT in the timeline, suggesting they could have evolved from other races prior to that). My impression was that they were always a Kokiri and Zora, and that Nintendo put them in their to drawn connections between the Korok and Kokiri and the Rito and Zoras.

Edit: Additionally, from The Wind Waker text dump, the King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule states that "The fact that the Master Sword lost the power to repel evil suggests to me that something has happened to the sages who infused the blade with the gods' power. The sages should be here in Hyrule...in the Wind Temple to the north and the Earth Temple to the south, praying to the gods."

Since the sages are in Hyrule, this seems to prove my earlier point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom