• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will you play Breath of the Wind on Wii U or Nintendo Switch?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I'm scared they're gonna sh!t the bed with the Switch version like they did with the Wii TP due to the differences between the two consoles. For now my decision is 85% Wii U, unless they reveal the Joy Cons can, in fact, replicate Gamepad functionality with dual screens. Then most of my concerns will be eased.
Just so you know. Breath of the Wild on Wii U has zero dual screen functionality. In fact, Aonuma said this, in defense of how the Wii U Gamepad's dual screen was a bad idea.
“We realized that having something on the GamePad and looking back and forth between the TV screen and the GamePad actually disrupts the gameplay, and the concentration that the game player may be experiencing,” Aonuma told Wired. “You have your car’s GPS system on your dash. If you had it down in your lap, you’re going to get into an accident!”

If the switch comes with BotW I'm all in. Otherwise I'll probably grab it for WiiU and wait for a price drop on the Switch before picking it up. Zelda is the only franchise that's a day one purchase for me, so I can wait for a new 3d Mario, etc pretty much indefinitely.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm go8ng to wait before i make a decision. If BotW releases in the second half of March then I will pirate it on Wii U and buy the Switch. If it launches in first half I buy on Wii U and wait for switch. It is because i have to pay for rent and i am buying an AR15 before that.

Unless the WiiU for whatever reason runs better, which I just do not see happening OR the WiiU version for some reason gets released first, which I also do not see happening...

Switch all the way. Amiibo support has been confirmed so there will be nothing that the WiiU has to offer that Switch also has. The Switch however might have some exclusive content, better performance/visual, and can be played on the go. It is a no brainer really.

Its a shame at least the wii u version doesnt use the gamepad to display items and inventory, clean up the main screen of clutter. OoT, MM, TP and WW are amazing with the bottom screen doing all the inventory stuff.

Wii U. It's the singular reason for why I got the system in the first place. Also, I became rather attached to the title "Zelda U" over the years, so it would only seem fitting to play it on the console it was originally intended for.

Depends on how much better the game runs on the switch along with price. I too bought my Wii U for this game, back when it was still called Zelda Wii U. At E3, the game had obvious frame rate issues along with some blurry textures and sub par draw distance that makes me want to play it on the switch assuming that these issues are a least improved

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'll probably end up playing it on the Wii U since I am pretty hesitant to invest in a Switch at launch. I may eventually come back to give it a second play through on the Switch but I'll likely wait until at least one price drop before I buy it.

I'll probably end up playing it on the Wii U since I am pretty hesitant to invest in a Switch at launch. I may eventually come back to give it a second play through on the Switch but I'll likely wait until at least one price drop before I buy it.
If the rumors are true then you won't have to buy it at launch anyways

Pen

The game is on!
I'm getting BotW for my Wii U to begin with since I already have a Wii U. I'm definitely getting a Switch at some point, and when I do I'm gonna get BotW for that too, but I'm not gonna buy the Switch until there's an exclusive game out for it that I want. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom