• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will we see Link's iconic tunic in BotW?

Will Link's tunic be seen in BotW?

• Of course!

• I dont know.

• I doubt it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Bro I didn't have to specify which Final Fantasy. And I never said anything about starting as a warrior. :/ Putting him in the same clothes for the promotional art is probably just to save confusion. People might think, "Wait! Are there more Links?" Or "Is Link going through different time periods?" Or "Is Link's race optional." You don't know that they are a replacement, that's only speculation.

Alright. You know what. I'm fed up with this nonsense. Conversation over. Right now, you're just a waste of my time. Good bye.

Last edited:
Bro I didn't have to specify which Final Fantasy. And I never said anything about starting as a warrior. :/ Putting him in the same clothes for the promotional art is probably just to save confusion. People might think, "Wait! Are there more Links?" Or "Is Link going through different time periods?" Or "Is Link's race optional." You don't know that they are a replacement, that's only speculation.
No offense but how does clothing affect Link's race?

I don't understand how his clothing would change his race. Are you saying that if he went from the Champion's Shirt to a different wear, such as a clothing inspired by, let's say, African clothing, he'd suddenly become black?

It's gotta be some final gear, either part of the story, or an unlockable like the Fierce Deity mask.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
But we've seen Link wear multiple articles of clothing in this game, and he hasn't changed once aside from his hair.
Exactly. So if he's so changeable, do you really think that the champions shirt would be "essential"? Does it even have any special abilities? I think its just a shirt. Notice how in most Zelda promotional art they just have him in his Hero's clothes? In ALTTP's promo art, the clothes are all the Hero's Tunic. But you actually spend most of the game in the other tunics (if you play it normally and get them in order like a normal person who isn't trying to make the game harder). I think the reason we see Link in these clothes is not because they are important. But more because Link has lost them somehow, I'm absolutely positive that Nintendo wants this as one of the mysteries, I doubt they are just going to up and throw out the green tunic. It's a part of the Legend! I also think that they are using it in the promo art singularly to avoid confusion on multiple things. Maybe Link lost his status as the Hero somewhere in the past and the tunic was taken from him as punishment. Who knows? Nobody for sure.

Exactly. So if he's so changeable, do you really think that the champions shirt would be "essential"? Does it even have any special abilities? I think its just a shirt. Notice how in most Zelda promotional art they just have him in his Hero's clothes? In ALTTP's promo art, the clothes are all the Hero's Tunic. But you actually spend most of the game in the other tunics (if you play it normally and get them in order like a normal person who isn't trying to make the game harder). I think the reason we see Link in these clothes is not because they are important. But more because Link has lost them somehow, I'm absolutely positive that Nintendo wants this as one of the mysteries, I doubt they are just going to up and throw out the green tunic. It's a part of the Legend! I also think that they are using it in the promo art singularly to avoid confusion on multiple things. Maybe Link lost his status as the Hero somewhere in the past and the tunic was taken from him as punishment. Who knows? Nobody for sure.
I never said that the tunic wouldn't appear, my other comment completely disregards that; I just thought the concept of his race changing because of him changing tunics is stupid.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
I never said that the tunic wouldn't appear, my other comment completely disregards that; I just thought the concept of his race changing because of him changing tunics is stupid.
Oh, my apologies. I agree it would be kind of a stupid thing to think, but I think some people would assume that if they saw Link in multiple outfits in the same location. I think we only see Link in this outfit in the art because we haven't seen promo art of Link in a lot of multiple locations. These are probably just his field clothes.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!

:fpalm:Again, if the green tunic was meant to play a story essential role in the game, we would have seen it by now! The only way the green tunic is ever going to make it into the game is through Amiibo functionality. That's it!

Also, you've clearly never played SS, TP, MC, or WW, where the green tunic (Link's hat in MC) in those games played hugely important role for the sake of story! So those games literally prove that the green tunic played an important role in all the traditional style Zelda games in terms of story. Which is why in most of the promotional art for pretty much all of those games, ALWAYS featured the green tunic. But NOT Breath of the Wild!

For BotW, we, instead, have the Champion's Clothes, instead of the Hero's Clothes! This means that the Hero's Clothes won't be playing a story essential role this time. Instead, the Champion's Clothes will be filling in for the role of the Hero's Clothes this time.

If you would've actually been following along with the lore of the traditional Zelda, you would know very well that the Champion's Clothes IS a replacement for the Hero's Clothes!

:fpalm:Again, if the green tunic was meant to play a story essential role in the game, we would have seen it by now! The only way the green tunic is ever going to make it into the game is through Amiibo functionality. That's it!
:fpalm: Not necessarily. It could be relevant to the plot and we just haven't seen it yet(especially since it's almost always relevant), or they want to surprise us. Or it could be irrelevant but that doesn't make it ammibo-only. Also please don't freak out because I don't agree with you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom