• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Will Hyrule Warriors Be Put on the Timeline?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
How many of you think that HW will be put onto the timeline? If it will be on the timeline were do you think it should go? I think it'll be a sequel to SS, but what do you all think? Also how many of you would like to see the story in HW go deeper into the orgins of the dark interlopers? That's assuming that the rumors are true and that the dark interlopers are going to make a appearance, I strongly encourage though that we all stay level headed about it and don't get too excited, still would you like to see the dark interlopers, or just share what you'd like to see the story be about.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No point until waiting until E3. I'm hyped and I want to make some wild speculation!
I think HW will be on the timeline and will take place during the war before OOT and after SS.
I know the interlopers took advantage of a war and tried to get the triforce for themselves, this could well be the war spoken of.

I don't think so. I think I remember something from a few weeks ago saying that HW is not going to be cannon. I could be wrong though...

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I doubt it'll be in the Timeline. I recall Iwata-sama directly stating it's not in the Timeline.
And on the matter of the Interlopers, I don't even want them in the game. They belong to Twilight Princess; which compared to others wasn't that good, so I don't wanna see stuff like that brought up.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I doubt it'll be in the Timeline. I recall Iwata-sama directly stating it's not in the Timeline.
And on the matter of the Interlopers, I don't even want them in the game. They belong to Twilight Princess; which compared to others wasn't that good, so I don't wanna see stuff like that brought up.
Twilight Princess from a critical and sales standpoint is one of the best in the series. The Dark tribe/Demon tribe/Interloper tribe have been referenced throughout the Zelda series. They deserve to be expanded upon.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
It's become very clear now, Hyrule Warriors will NOT be canon. Very recently, I found news that Midna will be a playable character likely to be to possibly play a role in the actual story mode that is NOT canon. As we all know HW was often speculated to take place either in the pre-split timeline or the child timeline, not to far from OoT but way before TP. However, Midna didn't exist in the pre-split timeline and she was never ever present in Hyrule until TP. So with Midna being confirmed in a game like that, we can already conclude 100% that HW won't be canon. Here's link to the news:

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-midna-playable-in-hyrule-warriors/

What do you people think about this? Could this news be true?

Mido

Version 1
It's become very clear now, Hyrule Warriors will NOT be canon. Very recently, I found news that Midna will be a playable character likely to be to possibly play a role in the actual story mode that is NOT canon. As we all know HW was often speculated to take place either in the pre-split timeline or the child timeline, not to far from OoT but way before TP. However, Midna didn't exist in the pre-split timeline and she was never ever present in Hyrule until TP. So with Midna being confirmed in a game like that, we can already conclude 100% that HW won't be canon. Here's link to the news:

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-midna-playable-in-hyrule-warriors/

Given the original source is Famitsu, I assume that the news is true. (Not that I've ever taken a look at the source itself.) I don't think that Midna's confirmation alone assures that this game is non-canon, but I seriously doubt it in the first place. The whole game rings "spin-off" to me. I guess I can't see this game deviating a bit from its usual gameplay elements to something that has quite a few differences, and then adding the game to canon. Nonetheless, I am a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors, and I enjoy the gameplay. Also, since Warriors games tend to have such large rosters, and with many of Zelda's characters ranging from different parts of the timeline, I don't think that Hyrule Warriors would be able to achieve canon status. Ultimately, I wouldn't mind if the game was canon, but I just don't see it happening.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Given the original source is Famitsu, I assume that the news is true. (Not that I've ever taken a look at the source itself.) I don't think that Midna's confirmation alone assures that this game is non-canon, but I seriously doubt it in the first place. The whole game rings "spin-off" to me. I guess I can't see this game deviating a bit from its usual gameplay elements to something that has quite a few differences, and then adding the game to canon. Nonetheless, I am a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors, and I enjoy the gameplay. Also, since Warriors games tend to have such large rosters, and with many of Zelda's characters ranging from different parts of the timeline, I don't think that Hyrule Warriors would be able to achieve canon status. Ultimately, I wouldn't mind if the game was canon, but I just don't see it happening.

That's basically what I've been saying/thinking lately. I personally don't care if Hyrule Warriors is canon or not as it's good enough to be something to help keep us occupied while we wait for Zelda U, that's all that really counts.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I seriously doubt it, especially considering that no other Zelda spinoff has ever had a place in the timeline, unless you consider FF/FFA spinoffs, but... meh, best not get into it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-...rule-warriors/

It is true, but this game involves time and interdimensional travel. Of course characters from the future and past can be in and still be part of a canon story.
Also Ganondorf and the great fairy are confirmed.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I should hope that it remains as a non-canon spin-off title, and not an actual addition to the series.
Although, if I were to choose a place to put it, I guess I would like it to cover the war prior to Skyward Sword.

Eiji Aonuma has confirmed in an interview that Hyrule Warriors is not Canon to the main series and that adding it anywhere to the timeline will likely contradict some information about events in the timeline.

Eiji Aonuma said:
Within the Zelda canon, there is the timeline, but there has always been the sense of the main story and kind of a side story. Like, Majora's Mask might be considered part of that, though it does exist as part of the timeline. With Hyrule Warriors, there is a link between the two, but it exists as a separate dimension, so it doesn't exist as part of the main canon. Lately I have been thinking of it similar to The Avengers.

Maybe if you force it in somewhere, but that's not something we want to do. The universe of Hyrule Warriors really is sort of a different universe and it is connected to the timeline of the Zelda series, but it is connected to several different games throughout the series. If you try and force this into it here [Aonuma places his hands in the air indicating different levels of the timeline], then…that information might not be complete. We really don't want to put it in the timeline because it has links to the different parts of the timeline.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Eiji Aonuma has confirmed in an interview that Hyrule Warriors is not Canon to the main series and that adding it anywhere to the timeline will likely contradict some information about events in the timeline.

They don't need to add a new game to the timeline to make contradictions. There are already contradictions.
This is a wasted opportunity. They could have had all those characters from different timelines come through the spacetime portals and have them home again for tea by the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom