• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wild Pokemon: Fight or Flee

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Do you try to fight every single wild Pokemon that you encounter? Do you avoid specific types? Do you avoid ones which give low experience or have lower levels? Do you use the repel or any other such method to avoid wild Pokemon often?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Annie said:
Do you try to fight every single wild Pokemon that you encounter?
Absolutely not, that'd be a waste of time if I did.

Annie said:
Do you avoid specific types?
I'm not big on Fire types, and I'm not typically fond of Normal types either. I try to go for Grass, Water, Dark and Psychic types more often.

Annie said:
Do you avoid ones which give low experience or have lower levels?
Yes. What use are they, really?

Annie said:
Do you use the repel or any other such method to avoid wild Pokemon often?
I save up all of my money just so I can buy 50-100 Max Repels, so that would be a yes, lol.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I try to fight ever wild Pokemon that I encounter to challenge myself. But when I'm impatient to get to a certain place, then I don't bother fighting them. If they are very low leveled (like one of those times where you are forced to go back to your home town) then I don't bother fighting them. I try to avoid fighting Pokemon with Poison abilities. When I'm leveling Pokemon up, then I usually avoid the ones with low experience or low levels as I want to level them up as fast as I can. Sometimes when I want to avoid wild Pokemon and the Pokemon lullaby is on in the radio, I use that. I never used a Repel before.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Hmm, interesting thread. :mellow:

Well, in my situation, I tend to avoid Pokemon as I make my travels across the region. Now, especially in situations such as Victory Road, I will be bent on avoiding Pokemon, so I often buy Max Repels to keep them at bay. (Not that they always work!) Such journeys that can be tedious such as cave travel in some of the Pokemon games, are where I really utilize my avoidance strategy. As for avoiding specific Pokemon, I tend to stay away from Rock Type Pokemon, just because they tend to be hard to take down, especially in cave situations that take me 30 minutes on average to complete.

I don't avoid Pokemon in all cases, though. I always frolic in the tall grass on those days where I'm training Pokemon. For example, my Heartgold team has an average level of 33 or so, but my stubborn Golbat refuses to level up at a nice rate! (He's a level 28.) In those cases, I'll spend hours trying to train my team in the tall grass. I also go out of my way for Pokemon for another obvious reason: To Catch 'em All! There comes those days when some members of my team just fall behind, and a new member must join the ranks of Mido. In those important events, one must traverse into the grass to find Pokemon.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It really depends.

I try to fight every single wild Pokemon I encounter. When I am grinding levels it seems pointless to go after certain Pokemon because they all give you experience anyway. I don't always fight wild Pokemon though. If I am trying to get to a certain place, I usually run away from battles to get there as fast as possible. I also try to use repel when I am backtracking so I don't forget what I'm doing when a wild Pokemon appears.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
I do 50-50. I fight if I'm trying to lvl up a pokemon, but I retreat if I'm trying to get somewhere and all they do is pop up every 1-10 steps. (exple if I'm in the water trying to get to a different island)

Unless I'm in a hurry or a jam I fight 'em all. :) I mean, why not? It's free experience! And the game assumes you will gain experience on your way to the next town because the bosses are more difficult and your rival's pokemon are leveled up a decent amount the next time you see him. Not fighting wild pokemon is wasteful. Especially when each one takes less than a minute except when you're just starting and the fights are pretty close.

Skunk

Floof
I usually try to fight every Pokemon I encounter unless my team isn't doing so hot. Types don't usually matter to me, though recently I've been learning how to EV train so I'll avoid certain Pokemon if I'm EV training. So sometimes I have to fight low level Pokemon, but if I'm just training a team to get through, I'll fight them if there along the way. I've probably used 20 repels in my life, so no, I don't use them or any other ways of making Pokemon not show up.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Yes, I try and fight every single Pokemon I encounter. Sometimes though, if I'm trying to get somewheres and I keep getting attacked by a wild Pokemon every time I take a few steps, I get irritated and just flee to save time. Generally though, I fight most of them.

Only time I flee a wild Pokemon battle is if I'm either in a hurry, the Pokemon I'm fighting doesn't give out much EXP (I do alot of level grinding), or if it's a Pokemon I really hate fighting against (like a Zubat, for example).

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I do at the start, and if I need to level a certain one. Otherwise, if I can't KO them in 1-hit, I just run. Usually when I'm just travelling without repel I have my strongest guy at the front, or a certain type, and just let them farm. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom