• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Wii U and 3DS Online Play Shuts Down in Early April 2024

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Eeeeh, it'll be back, I think. Apparently some 3rd party team is working on it (Pretendo? I'm not overly familiar with them). Now, I don't think every game will be supported, but I hope at least some bigger ones like Splatoon 1 will be kept up by the fans so they're not dead in the water, at least, until Nintendo maybe ports Splat1 like they did Splat2. I'm gonna be sad about Denpa Men 3 (3DS), though. A lot of the game's best stuff is locked behind player arena play & selling your extra stuff to other players is a way to make several millions of gold effortlessly.

I'm never too worried given fans. Like, Monster Hunter Tri hasn't had online since the Wii era, yet fans have recently & beautifully revived that community online. Life, uh, finds a way, lol.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I was super sad to hear this news. I spent an ungodly amount of hours playing Splatoon, Smash Wii U & Mario Kart 8 online back in the day. They all have successors now, but it almost feels like a part of me is being lost with these original versions being somewhat neutered (or extremely neutered in the case of Splatoon).

Damn, I still haven't played Triforce Heroes.

Me either, I never got around to playing through either it or Federation Force.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
extremely ridiculous considering certain PS3 and 360 games had their online last for much longer comparatively, heck even call of duty on the Wii had only recently shut down

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I get that you can no longer buy the games, but can you still re-download the ones you've purchased after the eShop shuts down?

Because if you can't... I would just sail the high seas and get them back one way or the other.

I get that you can no longer buy the games, but can you still re-download the ones you've purchased after the eShop shuts down?

Because if you can't... I would just sail the high seas and get them back one way or the other.

The eShop already shut down in March 2023.

Yes, you can still redownload games.

This is online play that's ending for 3DS and Wii U games on April 8th.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The end is near.... :(

I'm glad Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter are staying open for the foreseeable future at the very least (although it been years since I've used either of them). It will be a painful day for collectors when they eventually close as well.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Not long left now :( I jumped onto Pokemon X to see the GTS the other day and saw that all of the Pokemon there are hacked to the point where you can't really make any trades so I guess many of the online services are little monitored and getting ready to die out. Certainly the end of an era.

Not long left now :( I jumped onto Pokemon X to see the GTS the other day and saw that all of the Pokemon there are hacked to the point where you can't really make any trades so I guess many of the online services are little monitored and getting ready to die out. Certainly the end of an era.
Speaking of hackers, I've encountered quite a few in these final weeks of Mario Kart 7, people who have infinite stars or red shells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom