• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why should I get a Nintendo Switch?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
For me, it would just be that the new pokemon games will most likely be coming out for this system from now on, instead of the 3ds. I like the pokemon series, thus I would probably be getting the Switch in the end just because of that. But are there other great games for it? So, should I Aye or Nay the Switch?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
theres new links awakening and theres mario odessy and dragon quest builders 2 and 1 so definitely AYE...

Aye.

Switch is selling amzingly well and in Japan after only two and half years is about to sell more than the ps4 has in its entire lifespan, this means we'll likely be seeing a long life for the Switch and a lot of exciting software that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

As for Pokemon, Pokken DX got ported, Pokemon Quest is free to play, both Let's Go games are a thing and of course Sword and Shield are coming.

Other games that'd be worth your time are Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, Odyssey probably being the best 3D Mario of all time.

Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors & Three Houses, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker 2 and a very healthy eShop selection full of must play indie titles make for a great amount of choice on the system.

There will be more and more Pokemon in the years to come too, Nintendo want at leaat a seven year run with the Switch which is around what the 3DS got and look at how many Pokemon games the 3DS got.

We will easily see at least two generations of Pokemon on Switch, we then have the Let's go series which may endure too and it is likely that remakes of gen 4 will appear on Switch as well.

The Switch is where you need to be so I say go for it.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
It nice to be able to bring console level games on the go. I have a huge library of games and I have only had it for 2 1/2 years. One of them I am glad I waited to get cuz Diablo is fun and I am glad it's on the Switch.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Alright, so after reading all your replies, yes, I am considering getting it sometime soon. So the switch can be played at home and on the go, right? That's awesome.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I think someone else mentioned it, but there's a new Fire Emblem game coming to the Switch and may be interesting. Hollow Knight is a super fun Metroidvania you can get for the switch as well (though thats available on other platforms too). I also wouldn't be surprised if we get more ports to the new console.

Alright, so after reading all your replies, yes, I am considering getting it sometime soon. So the switch can be played at home and on the go, right? That's awesome.

Yep! No fuss either, just lift it out of the dock and away you go. No transistion menus or anything, it's all instant. So even if you just wanna make a cup of tea you can keep playing.

If you are in need of a new console, go for it! Switch feels so much more comfortable than 3ds. It’s so slick. You won’t regret.

In case you are happy what you have now, I want to bring it to your attention that there might be coming an upgraded version of Switch. Switch is now over two years old so it reasonable to expect Nintendo to announce Pro version within year or two if they are going to make one. I think Switch Pro is coming considering how well Switch has sold. If you can, wait until you really need to buy new console. Maybe upgraded version will be out then.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Mainly if you really want the games...to be honest, I think it's inferior to the Wii U.

-Online is worse.
-Online costs money.
-Online player base is smaller because it costs money.
-The Switch is getting ports of current games, while the Wii U got remasters of old games.
-No Virtual Console.
-Stylus no longer works on the touch screen.
-Roughly the same power.

The Switch can be taken anywhere, but this doesn't appeal to me as an adult. If I were a kid, this would be awesome, because kids don't have full control over their lives and it'd be great to take this thing when I'm on a car trip with my parents or my Mom drags me out to dinner with her friends. But now I drive the car and if I wanna play games, I just go home. Sure, I play it undocked at home sometimes, but I can do this with the Wii U as well...and I can also play with two screens if I want, which is a much more useful feature IMO.

...Although I will say I love Sleep Mode on the Switch. Makes it so much easier to jump in and out of gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom