• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why do you like Zelda?

Why do you like Zelda and/or what made you like it?

Which game gave you these things you loved about it the most?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I love Zelda because it's an escape. I love it because it takes me to another world that's far better than this one.

I actually fell in love with the character Link at the young age of 9 when I played Super Smash Bros. Melee. My mom bought me Wind Waker which came with the Ocarina of Time Master Quest.

I instantly got hooked on to the series and bought pretty much every game that came after Wind Waker.

The characters in all Zelda games are amazing, especially the admirable Midna. I was about 12 when Twilight Princess came out and I loved every aspect of her character. Most people think she's bossy and rude, but honestly I admired her confidence in herself and I wanted to be just like her from that day on. (Not to mention she is incredibly BEAUTIFUL at the end of the game.)

The game that renewed my love for Zelda was Majora's Mask. I never played this game until I was older...Actually I first played it a year ago at the age of 18.

I hadn't played much Zelda in my mid-teens but I still enjoyed it occasionally. Majora's Mask brought me back into that world with it's captivating storyline, epic quests, and an intriguing cast of characters. The feel of Majora's Mask was so different from any Zelda game I'd ever played as a child...it had a darker feel that I loved and I feel like if I played it as a kid, I wouldn't have appreciated it as much as I do today.

I also love Zelda because it makes me think. It let's me understand my life and the relationships I have with other people.

The Legend of Zelda series taught me how to be a good friend.

Reactions: Dio

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like Zelda because she's very pretty and (mostly) intelligent. For her station she does have a lot of shortcomings but that's to be expected in any video game with a straight white male character. It's just a fault of the designers. At any rate, I think we should also pay more attention to what Zelda does in the games. In SS for example, she helps save the world simply by existing. But in Ocarina of Time she masquarades as the ninja warrior Sheik AND provides Link important counsel. What will she bring in the next game?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I like Zelda for many reason. For one there is nostalgia. Also, it is one game I can always count on to not disappoint. Granted the games have their short comings, with the formula in place, with a good mix of story, puzzles, combat, and character interaction, I can always count on a memorable play through. But more importantly, Hyrule is a world I can escape to. As a child I would always pretend I was a Knight with honor and purpose. This game lets me play out those dreams that were never obtainable in the real world.

The first Zelda game I had ever played was AoL. Granted I could never beat that game back in the day when it was the only game I had. But I would always try. I remember from the ages of 4 to 7, I would constantly come back to the game and try, I think back then I would only make it to the third dungeon before I would give up. Though my mother and older brother would play the game a lot, and I would always watch them, and enjoy the game just as much as if I were playing it myself.

But when ALttP came out, my life had change for better or worse; thats up to the opinions of others. I didnt even know the game was going to come out, as I didnt have the internet, and Nintendo Power didn't really give you a lot of Previews. But I remember my mom being on it, and surprised me one day by walking to to a Sears Catalog store of all places telling me to wait in the car with my brother, and walking out and handing me the box saying "here Brandon, I guess I'll see you in a couple weeks". My brother lost it, laughing all the way home as he didnt hear a peep out of me all the way home as I read the instruction booklet. Mom was right, I played that game for months, and have been all about Zelda and Video games in general since.

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
Like I said in another thread, Zelda was a way for me to bond with my mom when I was young. I can't tell you how many hours she and I spent holed up in the back bedroom of my grandparents' house, working on the original game. I think my mom and I are close now because of all those hours spent together back then.

Short answer: I like it because of my mom.

(YAY 100 POSTS.)

The reason I've come to love Zelda games in such a quick rate is a loss of immersion ability in games for me for many years.

Only a few games provided such atmosphere from nothing, and had great storyline.

So, one day on New Years day, of this year, i had to clean this rediculously dirty rent house.

In it I was able to find an intact copy of Twilight Princess. I had a Wii sitting uselessly in my room so I gave it a shot. That was probably my greatest decision with the game. Becuase I felt so close to many characters, and even made me tear a bit when ***** was almost going to die. I did have fun moments in it though. From fier's cannon to many little lines from Midna ((~Waifu~}} about either link, or their situation.

I will try my luck at getting more of the well known, and respected ones like OoT, or MM. Possibly Zelda II? :3

yozo67

Hero of Time
'Twas my first video game, Ocarina of Time.

Was truly amazed by the feeling of adventure it presented to my little childish mind.

Never figured out there were more LoZ games until later. Got Majora's Mask. Also played a lot of Link to the Past, Minish Cap, and Twilight Princess.

All of them still give me that feeling of adventure that I loved so very much as a younger child.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Video games have always been an escape for me, similar to music or reading. I got into the Zelda series at a young age, as my father played it. Soon, my brother and I became huge fans because we went on an adventure every time we turned on that Nintendo console. Not only does every Zelda title have a unique story line, but contains beautiful areas, well thought out puzzles, zany characters, and unforgettable music. It's a great franchise, and unlike any other.

キラ

Yo!
In Zelda games, there are great stories, interesting characters, a vast and open setting, and some of the best music I've ever heard. I get lost in these games. They're my escape. I love them. <3

I don't know why I like Zelda. I have fun with the games, but I can't really pinpoint why. Anything I could try to say would come off as cheesy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom