• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Why Cant the Remains of Bosses in MM Be Worn As Masks?

You could be gyorg??? Maybe its cause you'd get possessed and not be able to control yourself as well???

Considering their mask versions try to kill you during the last boss, I don't really think you'd want to wear them anyhow.

Maybe after defeating the monsters wearing the masks, the evil within the mask is destroyed and it becomes just an ordinary mask. Like how the mask salesman states at the end of the game, "So the evil has left [Majora's Mask] after all." Thus, if they became just normal masks, there's no point in wearing them!

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Because putting on the remains of a dead Giant jungle warrior/ giant robot goat/ giant fish/ giant dual worm thing(?) = ewwie

and cuz u cant just turn into gyorg anywhere u have to be in water! duhh

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Being a poor dead Zora musician > Being an uglier, much more evil version of Jaws. .... I love doing dolphin-breaches as a Zora...

The Boss Masks... are representative of great monsters that were holding the Giants prisoner. Your reward for defeating the bosses is the freedom of the Giants. They are not ordinary souls. They are god-type beings that needed to be freed from Evil, unlike the Deku, the Goron and the Zora, which were merely members of (supposedly) mortal races and were souls that partnered with you in the form of masks because they had unfinished business and needed your help.

Though, now that I think about it, if Link put on one of the boss-monster masks and became whatever GIANT he freed, that could be pretty cool - like a certain sequence in Shadow of the Colossus... Become a big, lumbering giant. Buuuuut, it would serve no purpose, really. Link, you only have how many hours to screw around now? Get back to hero-work!

The Fierce Diety mask, of course, is special, and requires sacrifice (of your other mildly-magical masks). And, still, he seems to be a "soul in need of help" even though he's a game-breaking warrior-god... but, again, a different entity than the imprisoned Giants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom