• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Why Are the Release Dates Different in Other Countries?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Japan gets HW's on Aug 14th, Europe gets it in September and North America gets it even later than that. Why can't it just come out in August everywhere? I believe Europe got SS a bit before Japan did back in 2011, (just checked and we did) so why this time do Japan get the game first and why a over a whole month before everyone else?

Mido

Version 1
I just checked what you said, and I must say that I am equally perplexed. I really don't have much of a reason to explain the dates, but as for Japan, I have a speculation. Techmo-Koei/Omega Force tends to release the Japanese counterpart of the game much earlier than the others. It's a trend I noticed with the Warriors games, but I can't guarantee the accuracy of my speculation.

Ganondork

goo
I've always heard it has to do with localization. It's easy to release it in Japan first because they have it already made in Japanese. Then they start translating it into other languages, like English. It looks like Europe gets it on the 19th, and we get it on the 26th. That week difference may just be fixing the English to not be United Kingdom-style English.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think Keith pretty much nailed it on the head; however this begs the question, how come this wasn't the same with the likes of A Link Between Worlds, Skyward Sword even Twilight Princess? All of these titles actually had later release dates for Japan. I guess there is a reason and I haven't looked too much into it, so anyone got any possible explanations?

Mido

Version 1
I've always heard it has to do with localization. It's easy to release it in Japan first because they have it already made in Japanese. Then they start translating it into other languages, like English. It looks like Europe gets it on the 19th, and we get it on the 26th. That week difference may just be fixing the English to not be United Kingdom-style English.

Actually, now that you mention it, I definitely think that this is true. After Dynasty Warriors 7 released, its expansions were only released via digital marketing for download. The expansions were also released in Japanese, so the translations were never put into practice. (Then Techmo-Koei decides to not give them to the Xbox crowd. :dry: ) Warriors Orochi 3 is another example. While the Hyper edition released in North America on disk/disc, the game was still released in Japanese. The latest entry in Dynasty Warriors returned to the localization process, though; however, the Xbox owners still yearn for some expansions!

I think Keith pretty much nailed it on the head; however this begs the question, how come this wasn't the same with the likes of A Link Between Worlds, Skyward Sword even Twilight Princess? All of these titles actually had later release dates for Japan. I guess there is a reason and I haven't looked too much into it, so anyone got any possible explanations?

I cannot formulate any concrete answer, since I don't have a 3DS and hence did not play ALBW, but I would assume that since the game may/may not have any voice acting, the localization process perhaps was finished early on. I guess that Nintendo might have wanted to reach their audiences elsewhere first. I think there are numerous possibilities, and heck, I could be wrong here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom