• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Who Wants to Make a 3D Fan Game?

D

DisembodiedLoaf

Hi there! So I've been programming this game for a few months in the Engine, Unity3D. Story-wise, it's still in a very early stage. I could use some help with that, as well as modeling, music, animation, etc.

Here's the website for the game: http://projectzelda.webs.com/

Most of the game is still up for discussion, so feel free to join and share some ideas.

Currently, I have the following levels in progress, as well as an inventory and animated Link model.

Hyrule Field
Lost Woods
Forest Meadow
Mountain Trail
Goron Village
Beach
Desert

I'm thinking of making a demo real soon that shows off enemies, music, and items. You know, for the doubters.

Actually, here's the latest build of the game: http://www.mediafire.com/?4rm9xjmy4ht0sh4

But it is a few weeks old and doesn't feature the Link model, for one thing.

Rating: TBD. Probably E.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DisembodiedLoaf

Who doubted you? I would like to see some pictures of the assets and the levels that would be nice :)
Well, I had people on other sites question the seriousness of the project.
I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Wow, looks really cool. I would be glad to help with the story, but I'd need to see what you have first. I'm not the best at coming up with a plot from scratch.

D

DisembodiedLoaf

Wow, looks really cool. I would be glad to help with the story, but I'd need to see what you have first. I'm not the best at coming up with a plot from scratch.
Hey there. Right here, we are working on the story: http://projectzelda.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4080879-compiled-story-

To sum it up, Link has a birthday and turns 14, which means he is allowed to leave the village. He is given a sword and shield and goes to the castle town to buy a village elder a potion. When he gets back to the village, it has been attacked. People are missing and buildings are burning. Link is told of the great evil and given an ocarina to help him on his quest. He goes on to start the dungeons.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I don't have anything to provide to help, but I just have to say that those pictures and models are very impressive, and keep up the good work :D

D

DisembodiedLoaf

Game looks great so far! What software did you use to build your 3D platform for the game? I've been looking to program a game by following the N64 graphic style...would you recommend any program in particular?
Unity3d Engine - This is the program that makes the game. It's pretty easy to learn and supports great graphics.
Blender - 3D modeling/animation software.

I've been ripping models from OoT and MM. That would be a great thing to learn if you want to follow the N64 graphics style.

I don't have anything to provide to help, but I just have to say that those pictures and models are very impressive, and keep up the good work :D
Why thank you! It's only taken a few months.:lol:

Unity3d Engine - This is the program that makes the game. It's pretty easy to learn and supports great graphics.

I've been ripping models from OoT and MM. That would be a great thing to learn if you want to follow the N64 graphics style.

Are you using the free Unity or the paid for version? I hate to do this but if I'm going to try and work on this thing. I wanna do it in a pretty BA game engine (like the CryEngine or Unreal), But if you know your way around Unity (which I don't) and don't wanna go into learning something completely different it's cool to, I would still wanna help (and sometimes it is even better to have a less graphical intensive game anyways). Even though my skill set probably isn't as good as it should be as far as doing 3d models and such. :D

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Originally posted by DisembodiedLoaf

Thanks for the help there! As soon as I learn how to use it...I would love to help you work on your game as well as develop mine. Thanks so much! Keep up the fantastic work!

One more question...what program or how did you get the N64 models into your game? Thanks again for the help :)

D

DisembodiedLoaf

Are you using the free Unity or the paid for version? I hate to do this but if I'm going to try and work on this thing. I wanna do it in a pretty BA game engine (like the CryEngine or Unreal), But if you know your way around Unity (which I don't) and don't wanna go into learning something completely different it's cool to, I would still wanna help (and sometimes it is even better to have a less graphical intensive game anyways). Even though my skill set probably isn't as good as it should be as far as doing 3d models and such. :D

I'm using the free version. So far, I haven't found any limits of it that the paid version wouldn't have.

I actually used the Unreal engine for a while. It's not as user-friendly and it's a ***** to get coding working. I learned Unity in like a week and have been quite satisfied with the graphics.

Thanks for the help there! As soon as I learn how to use it...I would love to help you work on your game as well as develop mine. Thanks so much! Keep up the fantastic work!

One more question...what program or how did you get the N64 models into your game? Thanks again for the help :)
Here's a guide to it: http://www.3dmm.com/archive/index.php/t-11184.html

I used the emulator, "1964", with the Nemu64 plugin. Feel free to ask if you need any clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom