• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Which Place in Majora's Mask Was Special To You?

Which Place in Majora's Mask Was Special To You?

• Clock Town

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lon Lon Ranch

• Great Bay Coast

• The Empty Well

• Stone Tower Temple

• Great Bay Temple

• The Moon

• Southern Swamp

• Lost Woods

• The Graveyard

• Zora's Domain* The Indingo Go's

• The Pirate Fortress

• The First Forest You Encounter When Playing MM

• Deku Palace

• Training Grounds In Great Bay Fortress

• Ilkana King's Palace

• Alien Invasion In Lon Lon Ranch

• Battle with Gryorg

• The Snow Peak Temple

• The Final Battle With Majora

• Total voters
Choose your options for these locations, and please no trolling thanks ;), this poll is for *DEDICATED ZELDA FANS ONLY* only vote if you are going to reply

Last edited:
You put the palace, but not Ikana Canyon itself. That place is my favorite.

The Ikana Kingdom is a truly desolate place. The dead carry on a war long since forgotten by the living. It's filled with blood, horror and guilt. Ikana is a special place in MM because I love the truly haunted and foreboding atmosphere it paints. If MM is the darkest game in the series, Ikana is the darkest place in the Zelda series.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
For me it's got to be Clock Town. It's one of the few times in a video game that I have really felt like being in a real place. You get to know the place and more importantly its people so well, so much better than almost any other game out there. A lot of games ask you to save the world but through Clock Town, Majora's Mask showed you why the world needed to be saved. There was so much love and compassion and friendship and just life in that town that I can't help but feel I have to save it all.

The town itself is fun to be in too. There's some real character to the location and there's always fun stuff to do as well. There's always something going on somewhere in town, whether it's the debates in Town Hall, the Rosa Sisters doing their dances or even Sakon mugging an old lady. The place doesn't feel static like a lot of other towns in games, it feels like people really live there and go about their business there. For me, nothing quite compares to it.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Clock Town, Southern Swamp, and the Pirate Fortress are my picks.

Clock Town is my favorite hub in the Zelda franchise narrowly beating out Skyloft. The atmosphere is simply phenomenal. The music is top notch, there are plenty of errands to run, and unlike the majority of its counterparts the area plays a centerpiece role in the narrative. Rarely have I been so powerfully affected as during the encounter with the Skull Kid atop the Clock Tower. I desired nothing short of his head.

The Southern Swamp resonates strongly with me as a juxtaposition of poisonous fumes with a hearty landscape permeated with various foliage. Traditionally, grassy areas are associated with life but swamps stand as an important outlier. It's here that Tatl first sheds important light on the Skull Kid's past rendering this an important story element as well.

The Pirate Fortress is an epitome of the Great Bay region. It brought joy to my heart to face the Gerudo Women once more. Navigating their desert base in Ocarina of Time is one of the series' most memorable moments. The recent shift has been towards larger stealth section like Silent Realms encompassing entire regions but I personally prefer mini-dungeons dedicated to sneakiness.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
For me, The Moon will always be a special place. In a game full of depressing and dark events, The Moon was oddly enough one of the few places I felt at ease. I wasn't constantly looking at the clock or running errands, it was just Link in a serene meadow. At first, it almost seemed too peaceful; like something was going to jump out and attack me any second, though once I saw the children running around the giant tree, I began to relax again. This location was, and is very unique compared to others in the franchise, that's why I like it.

Out of the places in clock town, inside the clock tower itself is the most special place to me followed by the mayor's office, the laundry pool, the milk bar, and the inn. Each place I have spent far more time in than there should be based on the possible experiences. I just enjoy being there.

I could have mentioned the entire eastern side but I really enjoy the clime of stone tower. Honestly there is too much detail there for the size of the area loaded. :)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It's gotta be Clock Town. That place is happening. It's the center of activity. Party town! The whole world revolves around it (so to speak). Clock Town's got it going on.

I had to pick 3 I did the great bay coast. I just spent hours swimming there. The Ikana Castle I thought was the great climax of the Ikana region. and the Moon because it was really surreal and you werent pressured for anything.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Clock Town, Romani's Ranch., and Zora Hall.
Clock Town was my first encounter of a video-game town that really had life to it. This wasn't just a place filled with NPC's; things were happening. They were happening now and they were effecting areas around them. There was also the peaceful atmosphere of the first day. I love suburb concepts, even though Clock Town is a town, those blue skies, a playground for kids, a nice little pond to visit, I felt at peace there. Not to mention, this was my first Zelda game, thus all the hidden puzzles and clues in that town blew my mind. Even if this hadn't, the amount of secrets and exploration incorporated in MM has outdone most, if not all, starting towns before and since.

Romani's Ranch had a different, yet still memorable impact. It wasn't the peacefulness of the area, but rather the sudden unexpected events of it. Aliens? Bandits? In OoT, you were required to rescue a horse on the ranch, which is what you'd expect to do. Romani's Ranch is home to some of the most outlandish side quests (not surprising since its in Majora's Mask) and there's so much happening on all three days that it just left a giant footprint in my memory.

Zora Hall was a load off of the chaos that had been going on in MM. I had gone through a town filled with a evil looking trollface moon, a poison swamp with a palace filled with racists plants, a blizzard of a mountain with a crybaby goron, a ranch with aliens and thieves, and a murky ocean with thievery pirates and GIANT EELS THAT WANTED TO KILL ME! Then I entered Zora Hall... my first time ever hearing that music, seeing the peaceful race that is the zoras... I felt so at ease. These were just happy people (well... fish) trying to spread happiness. There wasn't malice in the atmosphere, just peace... even with the troubles they were having. I later came to realize that other Zora territories, OoT and TP, were like this as well, but MM was my first experience with them. If it weren't for Clock Town's suburban like atmosphere, Zora Hall would be my location of choice in Termina to set up my home.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
This is a hard pick for me, because I'm a fan of the entire game, essentially. I love the concept that Majora's Mask utilized, of there being four significant locations surrounding a central hub. Interestingly enough, the villain is at the very heart of the land, watching the hero's progress with what could be silent anticipation. But even under his evil vigilance, Link freely roams the areas and helps restore the Termina to its former glory—one 3-day cycle at a time.

Clock Town is a very memorable place from my childhood. I could spend hours at a time going through the town and never completely run out of interest. There were always things to do, but the problem was choosing what I wanted to try out. Oftentimes I found myself visiting Stock Pot Inn at the beginning of every First Day and reserving the room before Goro-Link. Then I'd set out to explore the other secret areas (in my off-time) and even try out a few of the town's multiple minigames. Altogether Clock Town bore a very festive mood as everyone was preparing for the Carnival of Time (most notable in South Clock Town), and not only due to the active music. For once, all the NPCs seemed to have a place.

Although this section wasn't added to your list, Termina Field is another one of the most special places to me. Much like Clock Town, it had so much going for it; so many activities to delve into. When I wasn't taking some time off exploring Clock Town, I'd go straight to Termina Field to stock up on supplies and moneys. On the offhand, some enemies in the vicinity could take away some of Link's hard-earned gear (the Takkuri bird) or even disable him from using certain items. Thus the field displayed a great amount of diversity both in positive and negative aspects. It was beneficial to the quest, yet also had its inconveniences (losing your shield could be a huge disadvantage, especially if you could only get it back at night).

Great Bay Coast is memorable for me because Mikau's death is very intimate. It reveals a lot about his personality and I understand more of who he was than any of the other transformation masks. I can feel like his soul as part of Link's especially when he talks to Lulu. The cutscenes are also the most revealing, in my opinion. I love New Wave Bossa Nova and the Indigo-gos. :zora::clap:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I assume you meant Romani Ranch. But yeah, Romani Ranch and Lon Lon Ranch...those place with the music and everything are the very definition of nostalgia for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom