• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Better: Mac, or Windows?

Hey guys. I have a vote for you zelda dungeoners to make. What is better. Is it mac? or is it Windows? My vote is Windows. What's yours?ku-bigpic.jpg

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Oh God, a Mac vs PC thread...

Both are good, it's personal preference more than anything. OS X is, if we look on a technical level, the better OS, but Windows has more compatibility and Windows 8 is catching them up in performance. Whichever you prefer to use, again, personal preference. I do prefer Windows but I use Macs at my job and they do the job just fine. Neither particularly beats the other, but one of the few areas one out-right beats the other is with games. And that's Windows territory. So, since I play games on PC, I use Windows. Though Mac's are getting more attention lately, it's nice!

Windows all the way, I use 7 and 8 and like them both. I would have said Ubuntu as well but, I don't like that now. Windows 8 does me just fine.

Clank

Hmm
My vote goes to Linux Mint, I don't care for either OSX or Windows as they are both proprietary.

Though is you were to force me to choose, at least Windows is usable.

Big Octo

=^)
While both have there strong and weak points, Windows is ultimately the better OS, at least in my opinion. The higher amounts of compatible software really puts it ahead of OSX, as the latter usually requires a modified version of software already available for Windows that may come out much later. As many will tell you, Windows is supreme for gaming whereas OSX really lags in that department, which is a real shame.

While I'll gladly use both, I would, if given the choice, go for Windows.

Now, if we're talking hardware, then that is a completely different story.

If you ask me, Macs of most kinds are overpriced and underpowered. A Windows PC is not just one model of computer, but one you can build and install the OS on. Furthermore, you can still upgrade your machine and have Windows still running on it. And what happens if you try to upgrade a Mac with new hardware? It's bricked, you can no longer us OSX on that machine. At that point, you're better of installing Windows on it anyways. Now, going back to the power of Mac computers, they're essentially inferior hardware wrapped up in a shiny case with a large pricetag. And how does this sell? Because a lot of people don't know any better. Often, they're making the purchase because they're familiar with OSX and not so much with Windows, willing to play ridiculous amounts solely for the software while not knowing much or caring about the hardware.

Also, to anyone who brings up that "Macs can't get viruses" notion, just know that the reason that Macs seemingly don't have them is because many malware developers don't bother to create viruses specifically for Macs. Sure, you'll be less at risk if you use a Mac machine then a machine running on Windows, but preventing a virus from infecting a Windows PC isn't a hard feat, so long as the operator knows what they're doing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Windows can do almost anything a Mac can, for a cheaper cost, and vastly more accessibility. I think my vote is obvious.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I loved my Air but my Acer can do more things like Maple Story, my favorite computer game. So Windows wins this round even though Windows 8 sucks.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
While both have there strong and weak points, Windows is ultimately the better OS, at least in my opinion. The higher amounts of compatible software really puts it ahead of OSX, as the latter usually requires a modified version of software already available for Windows that may come out much later. As many will tell you, Windows is supreme for gaming whereas OSX really lags in that department, which is a real shame.

While I'll gladly use both, I would, if given the choice, go for Windows.

Now, if we're talking hardware, then that is a completely different story.

If you ask me, Macs of most kinds are overpriced and underpowered. A Windows PC is not just one model of computer, but one you can build and install the OS on. Furthermore, you can still upgrade your machine and have Windows still running on it. And what happens if you try to upgrade a Mac with new hardware? It's bricked, you can no longer us OSX on that machine. At that point, you're better of installing Windows on it anyways. Now, going back to the power of Mac computers, they're essentially inferior hardware wrapped up in a shiny case with a large pricetag. And how does this sell? Because a lot of people don't know any better. Often, they're making the purchase because they're familiar with OSX and not so much with Windows, willing to play ridiculous amounts solely for the software while not knowing much or caring about the hardware.

Also, to anyone who brings up that "Macs can't get viruses" notion, just know that the reason that Macs seemingly don't have them is because many malware developers don't bother to create viruses specifically for Macs. Sure, you'll be less at risk if you use a Mac machine then a machine running on Windows, but preventing a virus from infecting a Windows PC isn't a hard feat, so long as the operator knows what they're doing.
You couldn't have said it better my friend ;)

I have a macbook and a windows desktop. What I like about my mac is the drop and drag function. It is easier to handle. I also like my mac is very stable. I don't have viruses or malware but is this because mac doesn't get those? Well of course mac gets those too but most viruses are focused on windows instead of mac. And it depends on your behavior.
Well I have to go with windows. Most software is focused on windows even though I don't think that is always a good thing but still it is the case. Mac is like Big O said overpriced and what do you get? I paid €899,- for my macbook and the hard drive is really a joke. The capacity is really very poor for that price. It is 95 GB which is nothing. My windows pc was 400 euros cheaper and has 1,5 TB. Mac is stable yes but I can say the same about my windows. It is even more stable and runs on windows 7. I like my windows pc and it is so easy to use and so my style. So my choice is windows

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
I love apple(mac) laptops! there amazing! I don't have one currently, but I did in 7 & 8th grade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom