• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Do the Portable Zelda Games Lie in the Timeline

................The way you say that makes it sound like you're saying he was sent to both places at the same time. And these were also made by a different company. Nintendo just supervised it. They didn't actually make the Oracle games.

No. I did not. The beginning to both games it the same because either game CAN be the beginning depending on how you play it.

I played OoS first, I put in the code for OoA, after beating Onox and saving Holodrum Link gets sent again to Labyrnna as you would see in the beginning of the linked OoA game, he does NOT go back to the castle.
This can happen in the opposite order if you chose to.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No. I did not. The beginning to both games it the same because either game CAN be the beginning depending on how you play it.

I played OoS first, I put in the code for OoA, after beating Onox and saving Holodrum Link gets sent again to Labyrnna as you would see in the beginning of the linked OoA game, he does NOT go back to the castle.

Look, the way you're saying this it just sounds like you're squirming to me. I'm not saying you don't know anything, it just sounds like you're desperate to defend your belief. I don't know if they're canon or not, they just don't seem to be to me. That's just me. Ok?

Look, the way you're saying this it just sounds like you're squirming to me. I'm not saying you don't know anything, it just sounds like you're desperate to defend your belief. I don't know if they're canon or not, they just don't seem to be to me. That's just me. Ok?

How am I being desperate?
Look at this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqh7iwCEadI
That is the LINKED beginning when he starts the new saved file, skip past the intro and see when he starts the new game, he DOES NOT go back to the castle Twinrova sends him to the next land to complete the story.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
How am I being desperate?
Look at this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqh7iwCEadI
That is the LINKED beginning when he starts the new saved file, skip past the intro and see when he starts the new game, he DOES NOT go back to the castle Twinrova sends him to the next land to complete the story.

The problem is that is just what fans say. I've never seen anyone give a direct quote. When someone does, I'll be convinced.

Capitaine

Ray of Silver
Yeah, the director of TMC and OoX is also the director for PH, SS, and (I think) ST, so who develops the games shouldn't really be an issue either.

Yes!

Ok. I've never played Four Swords Adventures. But I think there is no chance to catch up the game currently. Maybe I watch a Walkthrough or some of these videos to gather a little more background.
If you need the FSA manual, that should be up soon. But yeah, watching a walkthrough would probably help a lot.

(Sorry, two pages late on this.)

Anyway, the fact that having both intros exist sequentially does not make any sense probably means that it is not meant to be that way. I mean, seriously, come on....

Pinecove

Last Chance

The problem is that is just what fans say. I've never seen anyone give a direct quote. When someone does, I'll be convinced.

Obvious squirming is obvious. These are confirmed game facts you are dealing with.

In timeline format:

-Link goes to Castle
-Triforce sends Link to Holodrum or Labrynna.
-OoS or OoA Occurs.
-Link beats Veran/Onox
-Link gets sent to/travels to Holodrum/Labrynna.
-OoS or OoA Occurs.
-Link beats Veran/Onox.
-Link fights Twinrova.
-Link fights Ganon.
-THE END!

Really, I don't see why you're having trouble understanding this concept.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Obvious squirming is obvious. These are confirmed game facts you are dealing with.

In timeline format:

-Link goes to Castle
-Triforce sends Link to Holodrum or Labrynna.
-OoS or OoA Occurs.
-Link beats Veran/Onox
-Link gets sent to/travels to Holodrum/Labrynna.
-OoS or OoA Occurs.
-Link beats Veran/Onox.
-Link fights Twinrova.
-Link fights Ganon.
-THE END!

Really, I don't see why you're having trouble understanding this concept.

Where is this stated? I've never seen you give me anything that confirms that they're truly connected.

Wait, you're saying right there that only one of them happens. That's not what you were saying before.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Where is this stated? I've never seen you give me anything that confirms that they're truly connected.

Wait, you're saying right there that only one of them happens. That's not what you were saying before.

Um...excuse me?

You Literally play one game (OoA or OoS - depends on which you played first) after the other. That is the way the games were made.
And I have no idea what you're trying to say with your second sentence.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Um...excuse me?

You Literally play one game (OoA or OoS - depends on which you played first) after the other. That is the way the games were made.
And I have no idea what you're trying to say with your second sentence.

I'm saying you've never shown me any actual hardcore facts that proves this. Like, statements and such.

You said "OoA or OoS occurs." That means one or the other.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I'm saying you've never shown me any actual hardcore facts that proves this. Like, statements and such.

This is the way you play the games...I really son't see what evidence I have to provide you with? Do you want my Nintendo Players guide scan? It shows OoA happening after OoS...

You said "OoA or OoS occurs." That means one or the other.

Yes, because you have a choice of which game to play first. (Although I believe OoS is before OoA for a few subtle reasons).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
This is the way you play the games...I really son't see what evidence I have to provide you with? Do you want my Nintendo Players guide scan? It shows OoA happening after OoS...

What shows OoA happening after OoS? There's no mention of the other game in them. I've watched them be played before. Look, I just can't understand this logic. All it does is loop back on itself. To go on another adventure, he would have had to have gone back to that castle. There's no other way.

Djinn

and Tonic

Veran in OoA
"My body withers...But you are too late! My role...was to disrupt the currents of time...to flood humanity in sorrow. The despair that fills this land has already passed through this tower and on to Twinrova! I see it...burning blue...the Flame of Sorrow! Hah hah hah...I'll be waiting, Link...to haunt you...and the Evil King Ganon...will plunge the world...into darkness!" — Veran
Onox in OoS
"Gurrrgh...no... It's too late. My orders were to capture Din and deliver the destructive power of a seasonless land to Twinrova. Now, as the Flame of Destruction, that power is set to devour this land! Gah, hah, hah... " — Onox
"It's too late, Link. Zelda--our sacrifice--is in our grasp Soon no one will be able to stop the return of Ganon . Even you shall be destroyed--by Onox!" — Onox

Twinrova in OoS
"Onox has fallen, but the damage he has done to this land burns on in the Flame of Destruction!" — Twinrova

Twinrova in OoA
"Behold, Veran! The troubles you caused have filled the land with cries of sorrow! It has given birth to the Flame of Sorrow, which burns brightly!" — Twinrova

Twinrova in Both Games
"But I shall not fall like Knox and Veran! See my true power!" — Twinrova
"Hoh hoh! Ganon's return was but a step away! Link! It is not over! Our rites have failed, but by sacrificing this body, Ganon will return!" — Twinrova
"Thanks to Veran and Onox, the Flames of Sorrow and Destruction already flicker! And when we captured Zelda, the foolish humans gave us despair! Oh, Flames of Despair, Destruction and Sorrow, burn with the power of our evil deeds!" — Twinrova

Zelda in Both Games
"Since they could not sacrifice me in their final rite, the powers of darkness could only revive a mindless, raging Ganon." — Princess Zelda

The story requires for them to be connected because the rite to resurrect Ganon needed the Onox and Veran to light the flames of Despair, Destruction and then Sorrow through a sacrifice. What was never said was which adventure came first, that was left to the player.

Pinecove

Last Chance
What shows OoA happening after OoS? There's no mention of the other game in them. I've watched them be played before. Look, I just can't understand this logic. All it does is loop back on itself. To go on another adventure, he would have had to have gone back to that castle. There's no other way.

You are completely dodging the point. IT does not matter which game takes place first. The "opening" which you are confused about is NOT the game looping back - it is the intro, asuming that the game in question is the FIRST ONE that you are playing (eg. OoA's opening sequence is the one you consider Canon is you play OoA first.)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Veran in OoA

Onox in OoS

Twinrova in OoS

Twinrova in OoA

Twinrova in Both Games

Zelda in Both Games

The story requires for them to be connected because the rite to resurrect Ganon needed the Onox and Veran to light the flames of Despair, Destruction and then Sorrow through a sacrifice. What was never said was which adventure came first, that was left to the player.

Look, I still don't see it. That's just me. To get the linked ending, well, you have to link up. It's totally not necessary. But, whatever. Even if they connect, they still don't connect to any of the other Zelda games. There was no mention of any of the previous titles in the Oracle games. Why is that if they're canon? This is why I've seen them go everywhere on the "timeline." No one can agree because there are no connections to the other games.

You are completely dodging the point. IT does not matter which game takes place first. The "opening" which you are confused about is NOT the game looping back - it is the intro, asuming that the game in question is the FIRST ONE that you are playing (eg. OoA's opening sequence is the one you consider Canon is you play OoA first.)

You are still making no sense to me. You're not explaining that very well at all. You're not providing me with a way they're connected. You're not providing me with an explanation of how he could have gone from one to the other. The fact that there's no mention of that is the main reason my personal belief is that they're just alternate versions of each other.

I gave you the freaking video showing the beginning of the linked game, what is so hard about it to get?
You can play the game in any order, but they connect, he DOES NOT go to the castle twice, TWINROVA SENDS HIM THE SECOND TIME, as seen in the very video I showed you. It doesn't matter which is first, the player can decide but they both connect.
Just because it isn't necessary to link them doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom