• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where are the Zoras?

I`ve been wondering because they have not appeared ever since TP...I`ve seen Gorons in PH,ST and in the comic-con trailer so they will be in SS. Did the Zora`s die in TP?

That is an interesting observation. You're right, Zora's didn't appear in Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass, but they didn't die in Twilight Princess. And even if they did, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks aren't connected games so it wouldn't matter. I have high expectations for Zora's being in Skyward Sword and I think they'll make a reapearance there.

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
Well, I think the Rito from Wind Waker are "evolved" forms of Zora's, It would make sense that Zora's would be in an earlier game such as Skyward Sword, I certainly hope we get to see Zora's in that style of art!

I think Zora`s will return to SS also, But in PH it was flooded with water almost. Maybe it was a different type of water probably?

Edit: Your probably right about Rito.

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Its heavily implied that the Zoras became the Rito (bolstered by Medli being a descendant of the Zora sage), which is why you don't see them in their blue form on the adult timeline. You do see the monster Zoras though, who were absent through OoT. I'm also not aware of the monsters' presence in TP, either, which is a curious choice. The only games that seem to feature the blue and monster (river) Zoras together appear to be the Oracle games, whose place and validity in the timeline are both already thrown to question.

This might also help:

Eiji Anouma said:
[Translation] We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in "Ocarina of Time" and the Koroks as what the Kokiri became once they left the forest. They appear different, but they have inherited their blood.

Ganondork

goo
Nayrulinkx said:
Well, I think the Rito from Wind Waker are "evolved" forms of Zora's, It would make sense that Zora's would be in an earlier game such as Skyward Sword, I certainly hope we get to see Zora's in that style of art!

Um, what? You're talking about the events of Wind Waker, which is on the child timeline. We're talking about after Twilight Princess, which is on the adult timeline.

98pika said:
I think Zora`s will return to SS also, But in PH it was flooded with water almost. Maybe it was a different type of water probably?

They evolved because they couldn't survive in the water, for multiple reasons. Not only were they not used to the saltiness of the Great Sea, but the Great Sea was filled with monsters of all sorts. Due to the difficulty in the water, they had to evolve to the Ritos.

Now, anyway, to my usual post. I'm pretty sure that after Twilight Princess comes games like Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, and the Oracle Series, all of which contain the Zoras. In Oracle of Ages they have both freshwater (savage) Zoras and saltwater (civilized) Zoras. The saltwater ones live in a usual Zora society. In A Link to the Past they're savage, but there is a merchant-like one. He seems to be the least savage of the Zoras since he never attacks you.

Of course in the Legend of Zelda, the Zoras are still savage. So it's obvious that after Twilight Princess, the Zoras become savage. It's not that they die out, it's that they just aren't civilized anymore. Due to the lack of memory in the games, the Hyrule in Legend of Zelda seems very savage as well. In fact, once Twilight Princess is over, it seems Hyrule slowly becomes savage, as if they're going through a form of Dark Ages like they had in Europe.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I`ve been wondering because they have not appeared ever since TP...I`ve seen Gorons in PH,ST and in the comic-con trailer so they will be in SS. Did the Zora`s die in TP?

You make it seem as if Skyward Sword takes place after Twilight Princess, and it does, in accordance with the release of games. But no, when speaking of Hyrule's history, SS is the first and TP last in the famous version of the Adult Timeline, which I'll go by for now. Also, if you've seen those umbrella-like creatures in the screenshots for Skyward Sword, I'm pretty sure they are Zora's, if not their "pre-evolution" form from the fish-like humanoids we know and love. :zora:

They evolved because they couldn't survive in the water, for multiple reasons. Not only were they not used to the saltiness of the Great Sea, but the Great Sea was filled with monsters of all sorts. Due to the difficulty in the water, they had to evolve to the Ritos.

But they did survive in Great Bay Coast, which supposedly was salt water...and a part of Termina, an alternate reality to Hyrule's freshwater residents, and does seem kind of...opposite. Good point. :yes:

Um, what? You're talking about the events of Wind Waker, which is on the child timeline. We're talking about after Twilight Princess, which is on the adult timeline.

Now, anyway, to my usual post. I'm pretty sure that after Twilight Princess comes games like Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, and the Oracle Series, all of which contain the Zoras. In Oracle of Ages they have both freshwater (savage) Zoras and saltwater (civilized) Zoras. The saltwater ones live in a usual Zora society. In A Link to the Past they're savage, but there is a merchant-like one. He seems to be the least savage of the Zoras since he never attacks you.

Of course in the Legend of Zelda, the Zoras are still savage. So it's obvious that after Twilight Princess, the Zoras become savage. It's not that they die out, it's that they just aren't civilized anymore. Due to the lack of memory in the games, the Hyrule in Legend of Zelda seems very savage as well. In fact, once Twilight Princess is over, it seems Hyrule slowly becomes savage, as if they're going through a form of Dark Ages like they had in Europe.

lol actually TWW takes place in the adult timeline but I think thats what you meant anyways.

as far as the timeline, I dont see the point of trying to add any 2d games to the timeline yet, the 3d games have all been stated officially in certain parts of a timeline thats split, but the 2d games as awesome as most of the are...

Pen

The game is on!
The Zoras are a great race in the Zelda series, one of my favorites actually. I doubt they will appear in SS though, because in the intro video we've seen there appears six races (at least I think they are races), and they seem to be the six major races in SS. Sadly no one of those is a Zora. There is another new water based race though which might evolve into the Zoras, who knows? Here it is:

297092_10150327538818855_607818854_8261847_34905205_n.jpg

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015

Hmmm....I see what you're saying...although usually TP is on the child timeline and WW is on the adult timeline...I'm kinda curious to see what your opinion on the timeline is, could you post it? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom