• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When did you first use the Internet?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Even if you were born before the web was launched, at some point you were exposed to it. How old were you when you first used the Internet, what year was it?

---

The web had been around 4 years when I was born, but my family didn't even own a computer. It wasn't until my foster parents adopted me that I saw a computer and used the internet. I was about 8 years old and all I used it for was to get info for a school report. So I first used the Internet in 2003.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The first time I used the internet I was 4. It was back when Windows 98 was thing.

Looking back on it and remembering the old dial up connection and the time it took to load pages I wonder how we ever used to survive without broadband.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It was to play some MMOish kids game when I was around 3. This was back in 2000 I think. That game was the bomb, but I still do not know what it was actually called. I had fun though. It was so cool.

Other than that, I remember starting to use the Internet for school when I was in pre school, we went to some website and played some math and reading games from 9-9:30. Those were some good times. Good times.....

Dan

I can't recall the first time I used the Internet. Some of my earliest memories using the internet was to find cheat codes for video games. I remember so vividly scouring the net to try and find a way to unlock Nitrous Oxide in Crash Team Racing! Years later I found out you could never unlock him, but boy was it so common for forum threads to reach well over 100 pages when it came to the topic.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
2002ish, somewhere around that time. I would have been like 8 or 9. I think anyways. Mostly used it for sites like Gamewinners at first, but then I was introduced to Nsider and well I just sorta went from there.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I think I was 6 or 7. (2001-2002)
I used it to occasionally play games on Lego.com
And to find Zelda Walkthroughs. Now that I think about it, I may have even gotten some of my walkthroughs from ZD lol

I didn't really get into using the internet until I was 12-13 though.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Around 2003 iirc, when I was around 7. I got my first email account, and was ecstatic (an overexcited little kid, lol). I still didn't really know what the internet was though at that point, and it wasn't until grade 4-ish that I really started using it a lot, so around 2005. That's at least from what I can remember, it could have been even earlier.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Christ i remember AOL it was my first internet provider, i still remember playing Yoshi's Island on the computer way back in i think maybe 2000 or a bit earlier ^^ foooond memories.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I remember going on the internet at school in nursery class, so that would have been 1997, but I don't remember anything about it except that they used to let us go on this one website which contained some sort of cow cartoon that taught you the alphabet. These were the Windows 95 days though.
Obviously we continued to use computers and go online at school, sometimes to play games and stuff or I would go on at my aunt's house, but we didn't have access at home to the internet until 2005/2006 time, when I was 11. We'd had a computer for longer than that but there was always problems with it whenever we tried to get internet before, actually it might have even been to do with there still being limited broadband providers in my area at that time.

I used it mainly for playing Puzzle Pirates and Runescape, going on Neopets, and for reading fanfiction. Also for illegally downloading music on Limewire, obviously. Oh, and MSN was big. As were MySpace, Bebo and Piczo. Those were the days. Anyway other than that I probably used email and other stuff for homework too, but that was about it until I got older.

I was probably 7 years old (2008?) when I was actually allowed to use the internet. I used it mainly for MSN games like Aquarium and Cake Mania. Those were my two favorites.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I started using the internet ages ago. I was big on Legos when I was a kid, and after seeing ads for it in the Lego magazine enough times, I signed up for the Lego website. It was sometime in the early 2000s. I was maybe 6.

Dan

[QUOTE ="PatCat, post: 1001641, member: 72787"][/QUOTE]

I can remember this would occasionally go on for an infinite amount of time, by the end of it my ears were begging to be destroyed. The sound of nostalgia never sounded so bad.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
[QUOTE ="PatCat, post: 1001641, member: 72787"]

I can remember this would occasionally go on for an infinite amount of time, by the end of it my ears were begging to be destroyed. The sound of nostalgia never sounded so bad.[/QUOTE]
#NeverForget dial-up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom